Magic Kingdom Barber Shop - Women's Haircut?

VolvoManiac850

Let's Go Bucs
So my wife is thinking of getting a haircut at the Magic Kingdom...she's in the process of growing out her blonde dye and going natural and wants to get 3-4 inches or so cut off so that her hair is almost all natural again. It would just be a simple one-length cut, to a little above her shoulders, no layers or anything, and would be her last big cut since she's planning on growing it out for a few years at least...so why not do it at Disney? (We'll trim the rest of the blonde bits herself; I got pretty good at trimming hair in the pandemic).

Questions:

1. Would it be too late to get an appointment for this coming Saturday?
2. What time would we have to be there to get a walk-in if not?
3. Are they good with wavy women's hair?

Typically no but I think in your circumstance it just may work! We’ve gotten the kids’ hair cut there many times, and last time my son was 16 or 17.

They just do dry cut (they spray with water but they don’t have wash sink) which should work fine for wife. We’ve always just stopped in and put our name on the list and within a couple hours they’d take us. A parade comes out the gate to the left which is a fun surprise too!

I think usually we’d stop in about 10/11am to put name on list and we’d be asked to return around 1pm or so.

I got my haircut at the Harmony barbershop last year on my 59th birthday🤣 I just did a walk up when they opened and they asked me to come back in 15 minutes. Keep in mind if you want to tip you need to have cash. I was not able to add a tip to the credit card. I guess they just have buttons for the three or four specific services they offer and that’s it. They can’t add anything onto it. I got a bang trim, and a few inches taken off the length.

I got my haircut at the Harmony barbershop last year on my 59th birthday🤣 I just did a walk up when they opened and they asked me to come back in 15 minutes. Keep in mind if you want to tip you need to have cash. I was not able to add a tip to the credit card. I guess they just have buttons for the three or four specific services they offer and that’s it. They can’t add anything onto it. I got a bang trim, and a few inches taken off the length.
The majority of hair and nail salons, even barbershops where I live do not accept cash tips.

I get my hair cut at Disney every year. The stylists do a good job- I don't ask for anything too fancy. The price is very reasonable and I love sporting my Disney style all year.

Does anyone know a current price for a woman's cut? The website says "starting" at $21 but there's no mention if there's a "penalty" or upcharge for long hair.

Thanks

One of the ladies (Barbara I think? older lady) in the barber shop used to be an Epcot onsite stylist for Cast Members (back when the dress code was more stringent). She would cut my brother-in-law's hair when he was a dolphin curator at the Seas. If's she's still there, she does a great job.

I'm local and a woman and there is absolutely no way I'd let them touch my hair.

That said, if you just want a spritz of water with a trim of all length hair and your hair is thin, then go for it, and know that it's more difficult to get an even cut on longer hair with just a spray water bottle. I think it's fine for boys or men with traditional short hairstyles, and even fine for little girls or boys who have long straight hair and just want an inch or two off, but I if you want it shampooed or cut in a style, that is not going to happen.

So we decided against the haircut thanks to all the input here. She also sort of backed off on the idea of cutting it for now...her goal is to just cut off the blonde bits from her old dye job once it's reasonably long with the natural color, then grow it into a mega braid that hits her waist.

She may not get the magical haircut at Disney, but may enlist someone else to do it...oh yes, that would be me.

On the other hand, I'm sold! I wear just a bob, have thick but not wavy hair, and aren't particularly picky. I despise having my hair styled after it's cut - I like to just get in and out and I think it would be hilarious to have it trimmed on Main Street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter