• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Key Sales to Resume on 1/10/24!

I got mine - but be careful - I got the IMAGINE KEY and could not find a way to purchase outright, I must have missed a button somewhere so now mine is financed :) Geez. But I was too afraid to hit the Back Button !

It’s almost my turn! Can someone tell me what the monthly payment is for the imagine Key? Also, I wasn’t signed in when entering the queue but I signed in on another tab. Will my information show up when I get through?
Showed me paying $189 down, $25.84 per month (estimated??!!) ... I did not see a way to pay for the Imagine Key as a single payment. To choose the Imagine Key it will have you sign into your account (again?) to show you are a So Calif resident, I assume. Don't panic if you don't see the Imagine Key option, it will turn up after you follow the prompts.

Showed me paying $189 down, $25.84 per month (estimated??!!) ... I did not see a way to pay for the Imagine Key as a single payment. To choose the Imagine Key it will have you sign into your account (again?) to show you are a So Calif resident, I assume. Don't panic if you don't see the Imagine Key option, it will turn up after you follow the prompts.
Is there a finance charge? I usually just pay for the passes but thought I would do monthly payments this time.

You'll almost certainly be logged out when you get to the purchase page. Don't panic if Imagine isn't there at first - you'll need to log in to see it. (There'll be a link right above the Inspire Key.)

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think the monthly payment for Imagine is $22.
How does it work if I hold 1 day park tickets for next month? Will it allow me to upgrade and apply tickets to the magic key?

Got in line just before 8 and still have at least an hour. Rumors are swirling about people who know someone who got through online and various passes are sold out.

There seem to be a lot of people with So Cal passes wanting to upgrade to a Magic Key.

Following up on this. I went in person because I wanted to upgrade my MK and you can't do that online. I got in line just before 8 am and it took 7 hours to upgrade my pass. It was the slowest, most unorganized line I've ever been in at Disneyland.

How does it work if I hold 1 day park tickets for next month? Will it allow me to upgrade and apply tickets to the magic key?
You can only upgrade an unused ticket at a ticket booth - you can't do that online.

If you buy an Imagine Key today, you can either keep the 1 day park tickets for later (they'll eventually expire and you can use the credit on a later ticket or pass), or you can just use the tickets next month and save the Imagine Key for the following visit - the Key won't activate until you enter the park with it.

You can do this in person, but as I posted above, the line is long and slow.

Alternatively, you can change the reservation on the ticket to tonight, go into the park and use your app to upgrade the ticket to a MK. You must have scanned into the park in order to do that.

You can only upgrade an unused ticket at a ticket booth - you can't do that online.

If you buy an Imagine Key today, you can either keep the 1 day park tickets for later (they'll eventually expire and you can use the credit on a later ticket or pass), or you can just use the tickets next month and save the Imagine Key for the following visit - the Key won't activate until you enter the park with it.
Thanks for your help. I guess I’ll have to go tomorrow to see if I can do it in person. Do I have to make a reservation for tomorrow or can I just apply an unused ticket to a magic key at the ticket booth?

You can do this in person, but as I posted above, the line is long and slow.

Alternatively, you can change the reservation on the ticket to tonight, go into the park and use your app to upgrade the ticket to a MK. You must have scanned into the park in order to do that.
Unfortunately there is no way for me to get there tonight. I guess I’ll have to chance it being available tomorrow. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be.What time should I plan to be there in the morning?

Thanks for your help. I guess I’ll have to go tomorrow to see if I can do it in person. Do I have to make a reservation for tomorrow or can I just apply an unused ticket to a magic key at the ticket booth?
Make a reservation for tomorrow. The value of the ticket will be applied towards the MK.

Both answers hinge on whether the Imagine will still be available tomorrow. I assume it will be - it lasted a few days last year - but, obviously, there's that gamble there.

Doing it at a ticket booth, you wouldn't need a park reservation. It'd also have the advantage that you wouldn't have to activate the pass tomorrow - you could save it for your visit next month, and the year would start that day.

But if the booth line is super-long, and/or you don't have time to wait - or if you wanted to visit the park tomorrow anyway - you can get a park reservation, enter the park, and upgrade on the app. Keep in mind - if you do that, the pass would expire a year from tomorrow. The big upside is that you could get there at park open and be done five minutes later - you won't have to wait for the booth to open (which, if they do it like today, might not happen until 9am).

I'll add this since I've never done it - someone else will have to chime in as to whether you can do the monthly payment plan on a ticket upgrade in the app.

One more FYI - only because you said "tickets" - you can only upgrade one ticket to an MK using either method - you can't combine multiple tickets. (The app trick would only work for your ticket, too - if you had a ticket for someone else, they'd have to come with you and enter the park to upgrade in the app.)

In my opinion, the biggest issue with in person purchases was that guests had called to find out how to upgrade a So Cal ticket, but got different answers from different cast members on the phone. Some cast members told guests that you can upgrade an unused ticket or So Cal ticket. Other cast members on the phone said you had to have used at least one day of the So Cal ticket and another stated that you could only upgrade on your last (third) day. People drove to the park because they didn't know which response was correct.

Unfortunately, the cast members managing the queue didn't know the answer and started making things up. When I got in line, a cast member was walking up and down the queue telling people that it was cash or gift card purchase only. She directed people to the ATM to withdraw cash to pay for their purchases. So many people went to the ATM and took out thousands of dollars! In the end, of course they took credit cards. I don't know why the cast member was directing people to go get cash. Another cast member was walking up and down the line telling people that MK purchase were subject to availability. She kept saying that the last time they went on sale, they sold out in an hour. Again. I'm not sure why cast member would say things that are obviously not true.

The big upside is that you could get there at park open and be done five minutes later - you won't have to wait for the booth to open (which, if they do it like today, might not happen until 9am).
Just to clarify. Ticket booths opened at 7:30 am. There was one booth (8 windows) on the side closest to DCA that was for MK related sales.

I saw a post on Facebook that Imagine Key is sold out now? She had been waiting to get through since things morning.

Just to clarify. Ticket booths opened at 7:30 am. There was one booth (8 windows) on the side closest to DCA that was for MK related sales.
I was wondering if, in the worst case scenario, they might treat tomorrow like today and wait until 9am to open the MK booth. (They're closing the online queue tonight at 10pm, then reopening at 9am tomorrow.)

I saw a post on Facebook that Imagine Key is sold out now? She had been waiting to get through since things morning.
She needs to log in on that page to see it.

According to the queue page, it's still available.

People have been saying that all day on FB and Reddit. What's happening: people are logged out when they reach the purchase page, so it's not in the list of available passes, and they assume it's sold out. They don't realize that they have to log back in to see it.

I was wondering if, in the worst case scenario, they might treat tomorrow like today and wait until 9am to open the MK booth. (They're closing the online queue tonight at 10pm, then reopening at 9am tomorrow.)
I don't know what time the ticket booths close at the parks.

This was the line at 8 am today. Ticket booths opened at 9:12 am and it took 7 hours to get through this! It didn't move!

Later, it wound around the back and then looped back to the front. I don't know how long it took for people who started back there.

1704936425405.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter