Magic Key Sales to Resume on 1/10/24!

They can safely request the child’s exception pass in person at the booths within 60 days after they turn 3. After that, they could be denied until passes are on sale again. (Assuming they’re not already available at that time.) So they just need to make sure not to miss that window.
Yeah, that’s what they were planning to do, but they actually don’t have a birth certificate for him yet (pandemic baby problems), and they weren’t looking forward to having to wait with him there.

So if they can get one now and just activate it after he’s 3, that’s easier.

I told them I thought that was fine but figured I’d see here if anyone knew a reason it’d be a problem… just in case. Disney is weird sometimes. 🤷‍♀️

If they don’t get one, they’ll do the ticket booth thing.

Yeah, that’s what they were planning to do, but they actually don’t have a birth certificate for him yet (pandemic baby problems), and they weren’t looking forward to having to wait with him there.

So if they can get one now and just activate it after he’s 3, that’s easier.

I told them I thought that was fine but figured I’d see here if anyone knew a reason it’d be a problem… just in case. Disney is weird sometimes. 🤷‍♀️

If they don’t get one, they’ll do the ticket booth thing.
Ohhhh, sorry, I misunderstood and thought they were trying to buy only passes for themselves right now. But yes, if they're trying to buy the child's one and don't want to deal with the ticket booth process later on, they can totally try and get one online during the onsale tomorrow.

I saw something on the MK page that keyholders "and guests" can access the MK terrace in DCA and DL...does that mean if I purchase a MK for myself, my husband and son can get into the MK terrace with me?

I saw something on the MK page that keyholders "and guests" can access the MK terrace in DCA and DL...does that mean if I purchase a MK for myself, my husband and son can get into the MK terrace with me?
I know the one in DCA you can take quests as long as one person has the pass

Last year, passes went on sale on April 11th at 9am PT.

Believe sold out by 3:15pm PT.
Enchant sold out around 5pm PT.
Imagine sold out early on April 14th.
Inspire went off-sale in early September.

So if I get in the queue exactly at 8:45AM, assuming it doesn't take more than 3 hours for my turn to come up, odds are the Imagine Key will still be up for grabs when it's my turn to buy?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Hopefully everyone gets the key the want. I'm guessing those that want Inspire keys will have better luck. Hopefully it isn't too much of a mess.

Order of priority for me will be:

1. Imagine Key
2. Enchant Key
3. Inspire Key

I won't go for a Believe Key. Too much money for not enough return, given the new blackout dates and the lack of Inspire's better discount. The increased discount in parking isn't enough IMHO.

Order of priority for me will be:

1. Imagine Key
2. Enchant Key
3. Inspire Key

I won't go for a Believe Key. Too much money for not enough return, given the new blackout dates and the lack of Inspire's better discount. The increased discount in parking isn't enough IMHO.
I guess the only other real thing is number of reservation days you can hold at one time... not sure if that matters to you or not?

I guess the only other real thing is number of reservation days you can hold at one time... not sure if that matters to you or not?

Not really since I work on weekends and prefer to do one-day turnarounds when it's not crowded, I.E a Tuesday. But if I were shoehorned into one of the higher tiers, I'd probably try to take advantage of it once or twice with some 3-day adventures while staying at a Holiday Inn or something.

I thought I remember reading if you're staying at a DL resort you get some sort of park priority. So if the AP reservations were sold out I could still get in. Did I imagine that or is it a thing?

I thought I remember reading if you're staying at a DL resort you get some sort of park priority. So if the AP reservations were sold out I could still get in. Did I imagine that or is it a thing?
Hotel guests get to pull from a different bucket of reservations. Once you book a room, you can then make reservations for a park tied to that reservation.

Hotel guests get to pull from a different bucket of reservations. Once you book a room, you can then make reservations for a park tied to that reservation.
But you'd still need a park pass right? I couldn't reserve for each day I'm staying at DLHV and then buy my passes when I get there?

Just want to wish good luck to anyone doing the Magic Key queue this morning! Hope it goes smoothly!

(Also, do not worry if you get some weird gut punch of buyer's remorse immediately after the payment goes through. It will only last like one minute, I promise. And then you get to enjoy a year of magic!)

Where's the link to the Waiting Room? I don't see any such link on the Magic Key page.

I want to be ready to jump in the second it opens.

Where's the link to the Waiting Room? I don't see any such link on the Magic Key page.

I want to be ready to jump in the second it opens.
I don't think there is a virtual queue or waiting room yet! I'm sitting on the following website on my desktop for now:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/magic-key/

Also, does anyone remember how to sign up for the monthly payment plan? I want to ensure that I don't move TOO QUICKLY and pay for it all at once. Whoopsies.

It's 8:48am and now I am getting a website error message. It's an image of the 7 dwarves and the following text:
"We're Working on It
This page is temporarily unavailable. Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter