Magic Key Advice/Secrets?

JerrodDragon89

DIS Veteran
Good Morning everyone, any advice and little things I should keep in mind when getting my Magic Key Tomorrow?

Like for example are there any benefits that aren't highlighted much like the Magic Key Lounge? Thanks for anything you know

Good Morning everyone, any advice and little things I should keep in mind when getting my Magic Key Tomorrow?

Like for example are there any benefits that aren't highlighted much like the Magic Key Lounge? Thanks for anything you know
I’d suggest to look at the parking benefit differences, as those vary by MK type.

In park benefits can include things like special merchandise or food items at times, but those are available for all MK levels.

There are regularly Magic Shots available for passholders and little giveaway offerings throughout the year. Also at times some items for purchase only available if you have a pass. For instance, right now there is a Magic Key popcorn bucket.

The giveaways are date dependent (sometimes start to end date, sometimes during the weekdays only, etc.) and only in the parks. So unfortunately if you can't make it during the time period, you miss out as they don't mail the items. They range in what's offered too. The holiday shopping bags offered the last two years have been very popular. And I love the two art prints I picked up. Those have been some of the "nicer" freebies, but there have also been stickers, magnets, lenticular cards, a reusable straw, etc.

The parking, shopping and food discounts are pretty straightforward and they can make a big difference. I'd say the Magic Key presale days for certain onsales is a good benefit too. Although it doesn't guarantee tickets, it gives you two tries usually at After Dark party events!

If I buy a magic key now but don't scan into the parks for first-use of the key until August of this year, am I still eligible to take advantage of magic key extras (dining discounts in DTD, access to presale events, etc.)? Or do those benefits not start until the key is actually activated on the day of first-use?

If I buy a magic key now but don't scan into the parks for first-use of the key until August of this year, am I still eligible to take advantage of magic key extras (dining discounts in DTD, access to presale events, etc.)? Or do those benefits not start until the key is actually activated on the day of first-use?

I am not sure about presale events, but discounts... it depends. Before my key was active, I was able to mobile order at Marcelline's in DTD and do mobile check-out at World of Disney with my discount. But, if I had gone up to the register, it would not scan.

Follow Disneylandmagickey on Instagram. They announce a lot of the promos and giveaways there. For example, this was posted this morning.

1709849460584.jpeg

Officially not until the first day of use.

This is rare. Usually giveaways are on weekends as well. My guess is that this is a test and the characters might only be available on weekdays.
There have been a few recent giveaways that were announced only for weekdays -- the Haunted Mansion lenticulars and the Duck Tales magnet, for instance. And definitely some of the sticker sheets, too. But I seem to recall the lenticulars they did end up making available on the weekend, as well, though it wasn't officially announced.

There have been a few recent giveaways that were announced only for weekdays -- the Haunted Mansion lenticulars and the Duck Tales magnet, for instance. And definitely some of the sticker sheets, too. But I seem to recall the lenticulars they did end up making available on the weekend, as well, though it wasn't officially announced.
And some are available a lot longer after the announced dates.

Picked up the magnet yesterday -- so cute!

mm.jpg

Also happened to get there during the changeover time, so ended up seeing all the characters -- the White Rabbit, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, Mushu and Warrior Mulan.

It's a bummer this is only offered M-Th, but if you can get there before it ends, it's a nice little Magic Key perk.

Picked up the magnet yesterday -- so cute!

View attachment 841436

Also happened to get there during the changeover time, so ended up seeing all the characters -- the White Rabbit, Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, Mushu and Warrior Mulan.

It's a bummer this is only offered M-Th, but if you can get there before it ends, it's a nice little Magic Key perk.
Oh man I didn't realize it was M-Th....did they say when it goes away?

Magic Key Q re Genie+: I know magic key holders are eligible for a discount when they purchase Genie+ on the day of their visit, but is there an option to add Genie+ in advance (and just pay full price for it) when you make your park reservation?

Magic Key Q re Genie+: I know magic key holders are eligible for a discount when they purchase Genie+ on the day of their visit, but is there an option to add Genie+ in advance (and just pay full price for it) when you make your park reservation?
With the Discount its day only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter