Magic Bands

pooh4me

DIS Veteran
When do the magic bands and the magic express come in the mail? Booked for Jan 25th.

You have until 30 days prior to customize, then they ship a day or two later (about 28 days prior). Depending how they are shipped and where you live determines when you'll get them. I've found I receive them about 3 weeks prior to my trip.

I received my magic bands today. They were shipped on December 16th. I fly out on January 14th.

As for the DME, I received a one page letter (without our baggage claim tags) after I called two days prior to add the service about a week and a half ago. I called to update the information, but didn't received anything. I called 2 nights ago and according to the Cast Member I spoke with (please take this with a grain of salt) they send out the letter about 30 days ahead of time to confirm details then 3 weeks ahead of time they send the Magical Express stuff. I pressed them on getting the information sooner/confirming that my information was correct (it wasn't the first time) and since I was "within 24 days" of my trip they would send the DME information and baggage claim tags out that day.

I received my magic bands today. They were shipped on December 16th. I fly out on January 14th.

As for the DME, I received a one page letter (without our baggage claim tags) after I called two days prior to add the service about a week and a half ago. I called to update the information, but didn't received anything. I called 2 nights ago and according to the Cast Member I spoke with (please take this with a grain of salt) they send out the letter about 30 days ahead of time to confirm details then 3 weeks ahead of time they send the Magical Express stuff. I pressed them on getting the information sooner/confirming that my information was correct (it wasn't the first time) and since I was "within 24 days" of my trip they would send the DME information and baggage claim tags out that day.
Even if you don't receive your DME packet you're still good to go. You'll just have to claim your baggage yourself at MCO, then hand it off to DME to get it delivered to your room.

Even if you don't receive your DME packet you're still good to go. You'll just have to claim your baggage yourself at MCO, then hand it off to DME to get it delivered to your room.

While I know this is technically true, that sort of removes some of the magic. I would like to miss the baggage claim if at all possible.

For my trip in November they shipped less than 2 weeks before the trip and it was booked for months. Got here in time.

They'll do it one step better. Just hand your airline luggage tag receipts over to the ME people and they will get and deliver your bags.

They ship about 30 days in advance (might be closer depending on how crowded the resorts are, this is in their official faq). You get them 10-20 days before your check in date.

Ok, so I might not get the new, wider bands? My trip starts 2/1.
I was reading on another post that as of 12/20 everyone is getting the new bands and the old style are only for purchase

Re-reading all the disney mentions of 2.0 and resort guests, it's a little vague and doesnt' say everyone. I would assume if you are a resort guest you are not getting them until the website shows 2.0 images when your customizing them.

If you are an AP holder, you can get them customizing your AP bands.

When do the magic bands and the magic express come in the mail? Booked for Jan 25th.

I would probably call about the DME tags. I arrive a few days after you and I have had mine for about a week. As for the MB, I can customize another day or so, so I doubt I will have them until a couple weeks out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter