• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands Upgrade

Am I missing something here? I have logged in multiple times in the last few days and I am still only seeing the 8 solid colour options. Is there something I need to do in order to get access to the expanded options?

Am I missing something here? I have logged in multiple times in the last few days and I am still only seeing the 8 solid colour options. Is there something I need to do in order to get access to the expanded options?

At 7am EST Sun only the 8 solid bands are available. But, availability seems to fluctuate many times daily. Just keep checking in and if you see what your party wants, grab it. It may be gone 2 mins later. It’s crazy!!

At 7am EST Sun only the 8 solid bands are available. But, availability seems to fluctuate many times daily. Just keep checking in and if you see what your party wants, grab it. It may be gone 2 mins later. It’s crazy!!

It really is crazy

This is something Disney voluntarily launched and we are all spending way too much time and effort just trying to give them money we likely would not have

It shouldn't be this hard!

It really is crazy

This is something Disney voluntarily launched and we are all spending way too much time and effort just trying to give them money we likely would not have

It shouldn't be this hard!

I've worked in IT for 20 years. While there have been lots of advances, many things have slid backwards. We have outsourced so much to $5.00/overseas coders without sufficient QC/QA testing. Stuff like basic searching we could do in the 90s doesn't work as well anymore. Code gets dumped half baked without thinking through different scenarios. It's really not a surprise - what is surprising is that Disney tolerates it and lets it be released to the public.

I mean honestly, they should allow make a decision to which bands will "always" be in stock for at least the next year. Then just take back orders and give the customer an expected lead time. This way you can always order them and just wait for them to come back in stock.

It's so simple. I refuse to purchase these things now. The website is crap, I just went to reconfirm my solid color choices and when you click to review your order all the people in your part do no have any selections. So you have to go through each person and re-add them just so they are confirmed. Then the page sometimes auto-refreshes.

I have a split stay so I could have two sets and it's tough to differentiate between the two "orders".

I mean honestly, they should allow make a decision to which bands will "always" be in stock for at least the next year. Then just take back orders and give the customer an expected lead time. This way you can always order them and just wait for them to come back in stock.

It's so simple. I refuse to purchase these things now. The website is crap, I just went to reconfirm my solid color choices and when you click to review your order all the people in your part do no have any selections. So you have to go through each person and re-add them just so they are confirmed. Then the page sometimes auto-refreshes.

I have a split stay so I could have two sets and it's tough to differentiate between the two "orders".

especially when you see bands disaapear and then come back. So clearly even if they are "out" of the Dole Whip one (for example) right now, if I try to buy it just put me on the "waitlist" and when it comes in, send it out - and if it never comes in before the date they need to ship them out then let me know to pick another one or something

I've worked in IT for 20 years. While there have been lots of advances, many things have slid backwards. We have outsourced so much to $5.00/overseas coders without sufficient QC/QA testing. Stuff like basic searching we could do in the 90s doesn't work as well anymore. Code gets dumped half baked without thinking through different scenarios. It's really not a surprise - what is surprising is that Disney tolerates it and lets it be released to the public.
I blame Agile more than outsourcing. It's used as a whip to make the coders jump, and to commodlitize them regardless of what country they're in. The business people have always hated the tech people. Yes outsourcing is a factor, but don't underestimate the social politics and managemement tactics.

There is no way this happens and I'm sure if they ever did there would be no card as a free option.

I just saw a message on the Magic Band page that makes it seem like all upgradeable Magic Bands are out of stock. Not the exact phrasing of the message, but it's the general gist. I x'ed out of it not thinking and now can't get it to come back. Something about no longer being able to choose upgradeable bands for now.

Last edited:
I just went in and while there are only solid bands available, I still see the message before each of my reservations that premium bands are available to be purchased. When I went to order, ‘theme’ was also displayed which is one of the ways that premium bands (when available) can be accessed.

I just went in and while there are only solid bands available, I still see the message before each of my reservations that premium bands are available to be purchased. When I went to order, ‘theme’ was also displayed which is one of the ways that premium bands (when available) can be accessed.
I could just be reading it wrong. I got the message again. It says “upgradeable magic bands are temporarily unavailable...We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to bring back these options as soon as possible.” It seems to imply all upgradeable magic bands are currently unavailable.

I could just be reading it wrong. I got the message again. It says “upgradeable magic bands are temporarily unavailable...We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to bring back these options as soon as possible.” It seems to imply all upgradeable magic bands are currently unavailable.
You’re right. It sure sounds like that! Yours makes more sense than mine that said there're an option...but nothing is showing!

just checked. 6;20 a.m. est. jack and sully upgraded mb on there. just one mb upgrade from the colors.

just checked an now the only one is a Jack and Sally one (first time I have seen this one - it's different than the other TNBC band I have seen up there)

Hope they get it together soon - we only have 8 days left to customize our bands

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter