Magic Bands Upgrade

Agree .. if I have to keep checking back and constantly worry the bands I want may be "out of stock" .. I'll just order colored ones again.
Would be a lot easier if they just give you a $15 gift card for every band you opt out of. Then just buy them there on-site. Not as magical as getting them in the mail, but at least they wouldn't have to deal with this "sell out".

My main issue is .. when do I "check back" to see if the bands I originally ordered (last Tuesday) are back in stock.
At this point .. I guess I just wait until my vacation is closer and worry about it then.

DW and I were talking about this the other day when all the issues arose at the beginning. It'll solve all their supply issues if they just gave a exchange certificate if you decide to opt out of a colored magicband. This way it's up to you to go to a store at WDW and get your graphic magicband. It wouldn't be customized, but would solve their supply issues.

Just got this email:
I also just got this email. Maybe they're finding all of the "lost" orders from those of us who ordered last week and were getting the 7 dwarfs error? I do still get 7 dwarfs now, but maybe they really are going to eventually process my order at some point? (Dare I hope for them to fulfill it with the ones I ordered? We'll see...)

Just got this email:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, fulfillment of your order has been delayed. Thank you for your patience; we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we want to make sure your vacation planning stays on track. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Sincerely,
Guest Experience Team
Magic Kingdom, Inc.
I received this same email. I have no idea what to do - call? wait? My trip is July 12th. I find it incredible (and kind of funny) that everyone has so many different difficulties. Different error messages, inconsistent appearances of magic bands (some with coloured circles, some blank, some have none at all), etc. Chaos.

I received this same email. I have no idea what to do - call? wait? My trip is July 12th. I find it incredible (and kind of funny) that everyone has so many different difficulties. Different error messages, inconsistent appearances of magic bands (some with coloured circles, some blank, some have none at all), etc. Chaos.

I'm going to wait it out, but I have other bands to use.

Mine currently says no results. Apparently I can’t even pick colors. Thankfully my trip isn’t until September so I’ll just keep watching and waiting and hoping they get it together. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well I ordered my custom bands on 5/21 and got a confirmation email but nothing else - I also kept getting the seven dwarfs- so I called after a while of checking I was told my order was canceled because the bands I picked were out of stock- they told me to look on shopdisney and pick new ones and they’ll change them to the $10 cost - I was able to get two that I originally ordered but had to also pick 2 new ones - they also can’t be personalized- and need to be linked - we’ll see if they show up in the next week or so/
The phone number I was given is a number handling all the magic band upgrade questions
1-800-328-0327

My trip is July 6, and I am waiting a little while before following up. From talking to ShopDisney today, it sounded like my order hadn't been processed at all yet, but now they've at least acknowledged that it exists, so that's a step in the right direction, right? Plus this email almost makes it sound like MAYBE they could start filling orders in a logical order (like fill the ones for the earlier trips first, then restock as needed to fill later trips), so I'm going to give it a while to see what happens.

Well I ordered my custom bands on 5/21 and got a confirmation email but nothing else - I also kept getting the seven dwarfs- so I called after a while of checking I was told my order was canceled because the bands I picked were out of stock- they told me to look on shopdisney and pick new ones and they’ll change them to the $10 cost - I was able to get two that I originally ordered but had to also pick 2 new ones - they also can’t be personalized- and need to be linked - we’ll see if they show up in the next week or so/
The phone number I was given is a number handling all the magic band upgrade questions
1-800-328-0327
I called that number this morning and they told me that the shopdisney warehouse had nothing to do with theirs, and they could get me ones they had in stock but not ones only shopdisney had. It's irritating, because the one my son really wanted was in stock on shopdisney and not with MDE. All I ask for is consistency! (well, maybe I actually ask for something to work when they roll it out, but consistency would be nice also). Now that this thing called the internet exists, people find out when you are told no and someone else is told yes!

1-800-328-0327
Who said it was canceled? The 1-800-328-0327 number or WDW GS? I was having the same issue, and WDW GS told they had no record of my order, so it may not have actually gone through or may have been canceled until I reminded them that I had a confirmation number, and then they said that there's no way for them to see anything on their end until it's marked shipped by distribution and to call the 328 number. That number could pull it up with the confirmation number and confirmed that it was not canceled; it just hadn't been processed yet. They pushed it through to distribution but weren't sure what would happen next and basically said it's a waiting game because none of the systems communicate, so you have to get the right department on the phone at the right stage of the process to get an answer (and then repeat that process at the next stage).

I don't understand how they thought this would go smoothly if their systems don't communicate, but okay...

Just got this email:

We are so excited for your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World® Resort! We hope you are enjoying the planning experience and looking forward to vacationing with us.
We are reaching out about the recent MagicBand order you made through My Disney Experience. Due to strong popularity, fulfillment of your order has been delayed. Thank you for your patience; we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible.

Also got this email...but I received a tracking shipment number this morning and when I go to MDE and look at My MagicBands and Cards it shows the new bands...specialty castle for DD and plain grey for mine with their unique ID numbers. So wondering if those are on their way and then I will get another with the correct specialty that I ordered for me later? 🤷‍♀️ I'm glad DD got hers so if I'm stuck with plain grey so be it...anyone know of a good Etsy site so I can bling mine up?

You should still have plenty of time to get upgrade ones for an August trip! It's those of us with June trips that are up against a time crunch. I would think by your deadline they should have finally ironed this out and we'll know how it's going to work for the foreseeable future.

I understand that but I'm just tired of the frustration and wasting time trying. I'm just going to settle for solid colors and hope that when I go to order in Septmber for my December trip things are running smoothly by then.

Is anybody else getting "Access Unavailable: You do not have permission to access this page." when trying to edit or choose a band? I added a night as a separate reservation for my November trip and went to select a color and it's not letting me edit or view for any of my reservations. Was like that all day yesterday, and still is.

Now this is one of the first things regarding this whole debacle that makes sense! Instead of sending something random, put it on backorder - and let people know what's going on! Hopefully they are also filling orders for people with upcoming trips sooner than those with trips in months, regardless of ordering time.

Unfortunately they aren’t or weren’t. I’ve seen several people who have trips 6+ months from now receive their MBs. They are essentially shipping them when they are purchased. To me that makes no sense, they should have the same timeframe as always for MBs, shipped 30 days before your trip or for Canadians/International the 11 days before your trip since they are picked up at the hotel. By doing this I bet the stock would t deplete so quickly. It would also be nice to even get the opportunity to purchase one, I’ve been trying since 7am of the first day and keep getting errors.

Is anybody else getting "Access Unavailable: You do not have permission to access this page." when trying to edit or choose a band? I added a night as a separate reservation for my November trip and went to select a color and it's not letting me edit or view for any of my reservations. Was like that all day yesterday, and still is.
I got this when the upgrades first became available. An incognito window allowed me to get passed it.

This has been my case since the beginning. You have to open the link in incognito mode.

Also got this email...but I received a tracking shipment number this morning and when I go to MDE and look at My MagicBands and Cards it shows the new bands...specialty castle for DD and plain grey for mine with their unique ID numbers. So wondering if those are on their way and then I will get another with the correct specialty that I ordered for me later? 🤷‍♀️ I'm glad DD got hers so if I'm stuck with plain grey so be it...anyone know of a good Etsy site so I can bling mine up?

I was going to order decals before I heard about the upgrade. Check out ShopEmilyG on Etsy. They have some really cute decals/ skins, cheaper than the $10 upgrade cost anyway. Reviews seemed good.

So my experience... for what it's worth.

I had picked out our magic bands when they first opened it up... but I didn't complete the order as I thought that I had plenty of time (our trip is in Sept).

After I saw the reports of the upgrades not being available, I checked the status on the 27th. I saw that my choice had been removed but both my DW and DD still had their choices listed.

Not being sure what would happen, I chose a solid band for myself and completed the order. I received an email stating that it was confirmed.

Last night I got a confirmation email that my order was being shipped, with expected delivery on Saturday. MDE shows the correct three that I ordered. I'll provide an update on if we receive what we actually ordered.

This is what I get when I go to either Edit an existing order for Magic Bands, or choose our solid color ones for our trip in August. So it's not even letting me pick a solid color Magic Band at this time. Not sure if this was already mentioned in pages previous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter