Magic Bands Upgrade

I “successfully” (BB-8 band, which showed up correctly on MDE, and Castle band, which showed up as grey on MDE, and “delivered” to our resort) ordered last Tuesday for the first part of our split stay. I was just able to order “successfully” for the second part of our split stay. I chose our bands (Dole Whip and a standard colour), entered payment info, and received a confirmation email. It seems things are back up and running? All bands that were initially available are available again. We shall see if they have worked out the kinks. :confused3

Was just able to order the upgraded ones. was having issues when trying to check out but I noticed two would stay and two others disappeared so trying changing those to families second choices and it worked. Glad its done now.

I made it to the payment page but after I enter a credit card or use the one on file I get the retry or dismiss options again. Multiple browsers tried.

I'm going to wait and do this in a month. Not going until August so I can wait. I don't want to get my bands early either. I love getting the magic bands in the mail as it's part of the pre-trip anticipation and them coming now with a few months to go seems wrong.

Just went in and tried to do it again. We have a party of 8 with a split stay (we're only going to upgrade one set) and it will allow 2 of us to select an upgrade, but not the others. Will try again later, What a mess!

It appears mine are ready to ship. I now have a tracking number. Screen still shows me with a gray band. Let everyone know what I actually received probably end of the week.

I'm wondering if when you get the "We are unable to complete your request, please try again or contact guest services" box it is there way of saying the band you chose is out of stock. Because I chose one of the TSL bands for my DS5, but it won't let me choose the other one for my DS9. I was able to order the castle one no problem (at least AFAIK no problem!). We are on different AP renewal cycles, so 2 different orders (they are together and I am alone).

I'm wondering if when you get the "We are unable to complete your request, please try again or contact guest services" box it is there way of saying the band you chose is out of stock. Because I chose one of the TSL bands for my DS5, but it won't let me choose the other one for my DS9. I was able to order the castle one no problem (at least AFAIK no problem!). We are on different AP renewal cycles, so 2 different orders (they are together and I am alone).
I think that's the case. I had that issue yesterday even with a solid blue band, but when I changed it to a red band, it was fine. I wish it would just say that it's out of stock.

I've been on hold trying to resolve the 7 dwarfs page that I'm getting for the past 20 minutes, and the "Discover Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, a new land, opening August 29th" announcement every 30 seconds is getting really old.

I think that's the case. I had that issue yesterday even with a solid blue band, but when I changed it to a red band, it was fine. I wish it would just say that it's out of stock.

I've been on hold trying to resolve the 7 dwarfs page that I'm getting for the past 20 minutes, and the "Discover Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, a new land, opening August 29th" announcement every 30 seconds is getting really old.
I agree, if it just said OOS I wouldn't keep trying and hoping LOL! Now I'm not sure if I should just pick another for him, or wait and let him pick later. Given the past, I suspect they will be gone if I wait. But if I get him one he doesn't care about, whats the point in paying even the $10. Oh well, not a big deal.

I am on hold now trying to resolve our first order, the same son didn't get the sorcerer mickey one he ordered on our resort order, and I'm hoping they will let me get it now that they are back (and they were always available through shopdisney >:(). I called the number on the invoice that came with the bands (800-328-0327),the recording said it was a MDE before putting me on hold. Someone on either this thread or one of the others about this suggested I call there. What number are you holding for?

Well now I'm getting that message with every band I try for him. Either they are selling out of them all quickly, or there is more to it. I'll try another browser while I'm on hold.

I agree, if it just said OOS I wouldn't keep trying and hoping LOL! Now I'm not sure if I should just pick another for him, or wait and let him pick later. Given the past, I suspect they will be gone if I wait. But if I get him one he doesn't care about, whats the point in paying even the $10. Oh well, not a big deal.

I am on hold now trying to resolve our first order, the same son didn't get the sorcerer mickey one he ordered on our resort order, and I'm hoping they will let me get it now that they are back (and they were always available through shopdisney >:(). I called the number on the invoice that came with the bands (800-328-0327),the recording said it was a MDE before putting me on hold. Someone on either this thread or one of the others about this suggested I call there. What number are you holding for?
I'm on the general 407-737-4357 line for IT because I haven't been able to even access my magicbands page (when I click "edit order," I get a 7 dwarfs "we're working on it" page) to see what they think my order is (I have the confirmation email, but we know that doesn't mean anything), so I was thinking I needed to go with IT, but I'm starting to think I should go with your number instead and just give them my confirmation number and see what they say.

Lol me too!! I am able to add the customized magic bands but when I go to complete the order and checkout, it gives me an error message!! Been trying since 6:00 AM central time!! Spoke to IT help desk and she suggested trying again in a month. :(

I'm on the general 407-737-4357 line for IT because I haven't been able to even access my magicbands page (when I click "edit order," I get a 7 dwarfs "we're working on it" page) to see what they think my order is (I have the confirmation email, but we know that doesn't mean anything), so I was thinking I needed to go with IT, but I'm starting to think I should go with your number instead and just give them my confirmation number and see what they say.
I had never thought to call this number, I assumed it was a shopdisney number, but someone in one of these threads said they called and were able to order a band they got that came incorrect for the $10 price through shopdisney after calling, so I figured I would give it a try. I've been on hold for almost 35 min, though! Initially I called DSS since we're staying CL, and they said someone would contact me about it but it's been 3 days and I am getting impatient LOL! Our trip is coming up, and I figure they will sell out before they contact me for sure.

Lol me too!! I am able to add the customized magic bands but when I go to complete the order and checkout, it gives me an error message!! Been trying since 6:00 AM central time!! Spoke to IT help desk and she suggested trying again in a month. :(
That's some great advice there LOL - a month! I guess if your trip is far away it might actually be good advice, but not what you want to hear when you call for help :-).

^^ This is the number I called (The one on the packing slip) The very first person I got was able to help me and ordered one off shopdisney for the $10 upgraded fee to fix them sending me the wrong one.

I had never thought to call this number, I assumed it was a shopdisney number, but someone in one of these threads said they called and were able to order a band they got that came incorrect for the $10 price through shopdisney after calling, so I figured I would give it a try. I've been on hold for almost 35 min, though! Initially I called DSS since we're staying CL, and they said someone would contact me about it but it's been 3 days and I am getting impatient LOL! Our trip is coming up, and I figure they will sell out before they contact me for sure.
Well, IT just said that on their end it shows that I haven't customized bands at all, they don't know why I'm getting 7 dwarfs, they don't know how to fix it, they can't submit an order for me, and I should call shopdisney since I have a confirmation number from them. Also "upgraded bands are available again today but guests have been having a lot of trouble with them, but you can always try that." Well, actually, no, I can't because I keep getting 7 dwarfs, but thanks?

ETA: I should say that she was really nice about it as she told me she had no idea and there was nothing she could do, lol. I'm calling the 800 number you're on hold with now. She gave me a couple of other numbers to try but said that she just got them from the website, so...

I don’t understand how if I actually get s chance to order, it will for sure be the right one when my trip comes around in October. How do they guarantee that. Do they literally keep it at resort until then or ship it more likely 10 days before arrival and hope it’s in stock?

I waited 30-40 minutes when I called to finally speak to someone but she was able to fix it asap. Calling IT or the main DIsney number just got me someone who took my info and said someone will call me back. Definitely call the number on the packing slip. There is probably a wait because of so many calling. She said it was the only call she fielded yesterday.

Well, IT just said that on their end it shows that I haven't customized bands at all, they don't know why I'm getting 7 dwarfs, they don't know how to fix it, they can't submit an order for me, and I should call shopdisney since I have a confirmation number from them. Also "upgraded bands are available again today but guests have been having a lot of trouble with them, but you can always try that." Well, actually, no, I can't because I keep getting 7 dwarfs, but thanks?
Nice (heavy sarcasm) :sad2:

I've been on hold 43 min now.

I don’t understand how if I actually get s chance to order, it will for sure be the right one when my trip comes around in October. How do they guarantee that. Do they literally keep it at resort until then or ship it more likely 10 days before arrival and hope it’s in stock?
So far people have been getting them as soon as they order, even if their trip is far away. I suspect that isn't the long term plan, since somewhere it says they will be shipped 10 days prior to the trip, but that's been the case so far. In the long run I assume they will make them to order closer to your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter