Magic Bands Upgrade

I did just get an email that said "Estimated delivery 10 business days prior to your vacation." at the bottom. :)

My email said the order was in the works and had the same note near the bottom saying estimated delivery 10 business days prior to your arrival. I want to say past resort stay magic bands arrived about 30 days prior, but it's been a couple of years.

I wasn't as excited about the assortment as I'd hoped, but looking at the "full" inventory available at full price, I didn't really see any that did there either. In the end I went with one to match my wife (Donald and Daisy). It was that, Pirates, or Thanos. My son took Thanos, and Pirates needed a little bit more color. Still, for $10 it's a nice upgrade, especially if you already have several of the solid color.

kinda underwhelmed at the selection. It feels like it a clearance rack of magic bands.

Looking on the website, I only see 63 in the magicbands collection. doing a search, I only get 69. I thought there were more than that. I guess they cycle them in and out?

Looking on the website, I only see 63 in the magicbands collection. doing a search, I only get 69. I thought there were more than that. I guess they cycle them in and out?

With limited editions, anniversaries, movie release tie-ins I think there's always some coming and going.

Example, I think they still sell some Solo - A Star Wars Story (Enfys Nest, Lando, etc.) ones online and in parks, but you're not going to see them ongoing for an upgrade. Not going to see the 35th Anniversary Epcot bands with Figment, etc..

Yeah they definitely do. Ive bought several of ours from eBay NIB to get the discontinued ones we wanted.

So I was curious about the overlap of availability and created a spreadsheet of all the MagicBands with what's available on ShopDisney and what's available for upgrades. Unfortunately it does not appear that I can upload an Excel spreadsheet here. I'd convert it to a PDF, but I'm also not very good at the sorting/filtering on Excel, so I'm having a hard time sorting it to something that looks better/is easier to read. I just went through the MBs on each site and listed them, so there's very little rhyme or reason to the order (since ShopDisney appears to have no rhyme or reason at all to its order). If someone else is good at that part of it, I can send you the spreadsheet and you can fix it up. Otherwise, any suggestions?

I am interested in upgrading, I wish they had the other colours available. My trip isn't until August though so I think we'll wait a bit (also in Canada so will have to pick them up at the front desk). Kiddo says he wants a black panther one but he's never seen the movie and it's a strange choice for him so I want to give him some time to figure out what he really wants. I had already bought decals for our plain bands, I may put those on our bands from last year that are still plain and have two to use this trip. Either way, it is a fun option!

I am interested in upgrading, I wish they had the other colours available. My trip isn't until August though so I think we'll wait a bit (also in Canada so will have to pick them up at the front desk). Kiddo says he wants a black panther one but he's never seen the movie and it's a strange choice for him so I want to give him some time to figure out what he really wants. I had already bought decals for our plain bands, I may put those on our bands from last year that are still plain and have two to use this trip. Either way, it is a fun option!
I almost got the Black Panther one but the design and color combo on the Pirates really won me over.

Did anyone else notice that there are some bands that were there yesterday that are NOT available today? For example, the Mickey It's My Birthday band is no longer available. :(Also, the castle one is no longer there or the women villain band.

Fingers crossed they add more!

Did anyone else notice that there are some bands that were there yesterday that are NOT available today? For example, the Mickey It's My Birthday band is no longer available. :(Also, the castle one is no longer there or the women villain band.

Wow, I also noticed the Ariel one is no longer there. I hope they add others.

So here is the spreadsheet, unsorted, that I made about an hour ago. 12 MBs have dropped off in just the last hour.

Attachments

• MagicBands.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 41

THANK GOODNESS I got the birthday for my daughter and the castle for me when I did!

So . . . the following were there after 12:00 but are now not available:

Ariel
Castle - Most Magical Place
Disney Snacks
Donald
Genie
Thanos
Mickey Birthday
Minnie - "All in the Bow"
Pirates of the Caribbean
Sorcerer Mickey :(
Spaceship Earth :(
Purple Villains

Sorcerer Mickey and Spaceship Earth were the two I was going to get. I didn't realize there'd be that much of a rush to do so, but was going to tell my wife we should make at least one round of suggestions (we've got a split stay in August, then another long weekend in October that right now is a split stay but are waitlisted for other DVC rooms). Hopefully they re-stock.

wow. everything is disappearing. I tried to book ours and it kept giving me error to say to call in. refreshed and all the ones I wanted are gone. I'm assuming that they will have to restock every once in a while so I think I'm going to wait. No way I'm paying for one that I don't want!

anyone else order them and they are not showing up in the magic band section? Keeps saying Edit then I edit and the page crashes to the seven dwarfs error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter