• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic bands swapped serial numbers

luckydriver

Earning My Ears
i ordered the bands after booking my vacation thru disney, they give great discounts on their site.

doubt this matters for many people but when i got home and looked at the bill i discovered all the things my gf bought were on my band and vice versa. CRT was a prepaid dinner and my gf got a glass of wine and that 20 bucks was on my band and i bought something in AK with my band and it was listed under her name. no biggie cause we are bf/gf but to some people it may matter for accounting purposes. so be warned

im assuming i could have unlinked and linked numbers if i actually checked the serial numbers in my profile before i went on vacation.

im assuming i could have unlinked and linked numbers if i actually checked the serial numbers in my profile before i went on vacation.

I don't think this is true - if you unlink from yourself, it just disappears from their database - you can't relink it to a different person.

Sounds like the credit cards were linked to the wrong MBs. Did you link them via MDE app or website or at resort front desk?

we ordered them from disney. i never did a thing to link them and my gfs CC is the only one on file

when i made the reservation you had to pay down 1 out of 4 nites. that cc was on file. we booked the room then waited a few days and decided to order MB thru them. great discounts. was like 20 off the ones we picked.

doubt this matters for many people but when i got home and looked at the bill i discovered all the things my gf bought were on my band and vice versa
Are you sure the bands didn't get mixed up? Like you picked a blue band and she picked a pink one, but the original order had them mixed up? That's what it sounds like. Your blue band was assigned to her in MDE and her pink band was assigned to you in MDE, but you wore the colors you each picked out and therefore all the charges were listed by the other person.

i went on the disney site. its my name and serial matching what is on the band. also i distinctively remember you have to pick a user profile then what band they want. but since my name and serial matches what is on the site it's def a screw up. also on the phone app it lists the number that is on my band.

We were told that all room MB charges by room occupants would be on the cc of the lead name and there's no way to change it. The billing summary reflects the name of the person who tapped the MB. Doing a mobile order would charge the cc of the person doing the ordering. We've found this to be true every trip I can recall.

MB charging in a room charge, not a charge to a CC. If you visit Disney for the day you can use your MB for park entry/fp (if they ever return) but it can't be used for charging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter