Magic Bands Questions

Ok so even if it is blank I will still receive it when I arrive?
Is this what it looks like?

If so, click the arrow to expand. You should see something like this. My account has two MagicBands on it, a 50th Anniversary band and a Big Thunder Mountain band. The Anniversary band is missing its image, but I can see the serial number for both of them.

If you see a serial number that's something like 12A3 4B56 C789, that's your band.

Yep that is exactly what it looks like! I'm now happy to know that I will receive the one I ordered on arrival then. I'm assuming I will need to go to reception for that. (was hoping they would put it in the room seeing as you don't really need to pass by reception anymore with the online checkin options)
Thanks for the effort!

Yep that is exactly what it looks like! I'm now happy to know that I will receive the one I ordered on arrival then. I'm assuming I will need to go to reception for that. (was hoping they would put it in the room seeing as you don't really need to pass by reception anymore with the online checkin options)
Thanks for the effort!
I'll tap out on answering further questions because I have no clue what you'll do as a European guest. So far what we've confirmed is that physical band was created and assigned to you. How you'll actually receive it is something I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for the effort!
Also can deactivate in MDE which puts into “inactive” mode. Reactivate each when hands on.

I have a magic band I used for our last trip. We have been trying to find my little granddaughter a magic band for the trip but the one she likes is mine and linked to me. Can I link it to her? I tried to do that through my MDE but can't figure it out. HELP!

I have a magic band I used for our last trip. We have been trying to find my little granddaughter a magic band for the trip but the one she likes is mine and linked to me. Can I link it to her? I tried to do that through my MDE but can't figure it out. HELP!
You see the little circle disc thing in the middle of the band? That's called the "icon," also known as the "puck." That puck is assigned to you and cannot be reassigned. However! I assume the part that your granddaughter actually likes is the bracelet part. What you can do is buy a new band in any color and assign that icon/puck to your granddaughter. Then take a small screwdriver, remove the back cover, and put your granddaughter's puck into the bracelet that she likes.

IMG_20190727_104349.jpg

You see the little circle disc thing in the middle of the band? That's called the "icon," also known as the "puck." That puck is assigned to you and cannot be reassigned. However! I assume the part that your granddaughter actually likes is the bracelet part. What you can do is buy a new band in any color and assign that icon/puck to your granddaughter. Then take a small screwdriver, remove the back cover, and put your granddaughter's puck into the bracelet that she likes.

View attachment 652816
Great news! Thank you.

Has anyone heard of the Magicband+? there was a mention of it a while back on the Disneyparksblog saying it would launch this year for the 50th. maybe that is why they are slimming down the choices? Big family trip planned in Oct. and half of our group does not have magic bands. some (like me) want to know when the new ones will be launched to decide if we want to get new ones. any input?

Has anyone heard of the Magicband+? there was a mention of it a while back on the Disneyparksblog saying it would launch this year for the 50th. maybe that is why they are slimming down the choices? Big family trip planned in Oct. and half of our group does not have magic bands. some (like me) want to know when the new ones will be launched to decide if we want to get new ones. any input?
No dates and no pricing, only a few concept designs. I think they're experiencing some major supply chain issues, both with the existing MagicBands as well as MagicBand+.

Thanks for the effort!
As Disney only ships the magic bands to US addresses, you’ll need to go to the front desk to pick them up.

Could anyone tell me exactly what "ordering" you magic band means now? I just logged into my account to check and see what MB are available and have the dark purple one picked for one of my friends. Its now saying that it is unavailable, so my question is it in some way still available and will ship once its time because I have already "ordered" it or if it is unavailable once the day comes it will make me pick something else? TIA

Could anyone tell me exactly what "ordering" you magic band means now? I just logged into my account to check and see what MB are available and have the dark purple one picked for one of my friends. Its now saying that it is unavailable, so my question is it in some way still available and will ship once its time because I have already "ordered" it or if it is unavailable once the day comes it will make me pick something else? TIA

did you finish the transaction and pay for the bands?
if so, you should get what you ordered.
If you only picked out what you wanted, and let them sit, than they could very well be out of stock- the inventory changes constantly.

did you finish the transaction and pay for the bands?
if so, you should get what you ordered.
If you only picked out what you wanted, and let them sit, than they could very well be out of stock- the inventory changes constantly.
Aah, I did not :/ but luckily its been popping up quite a bit so I'll do that. Thanks a ton!

How many years are Magic bands good for? Do we have a definitive number of years or just oh well they should work still as an answer? Since we want to take advantage of the extra evening hours as well as charging things to our room I want to make sure they aren't too old. I purchased some of them in 2019. And others in 2020; we used them in 2020. They are still activated on MDE.

Last edited:
can you bring two magic bands or more and have them linked?
Yes, you can have multiple MBs. As long as the code numbers on the back of them are shown in your list of MBs and Cards in MDE and are shown as Active, they’ll work interchangeably. Many people coordinate with their clothing each day.

Last edited:
How many years are Magic bands good for? Do we have a definitive number of years or just oh well they should work still as an answer? Since we want to take advantage of the extra evening hours as well as charging things to our room I want to make sure they aren't too old. I purchased some of them in 2019. And others in 2020; we used them in 2020. They are still activated on MDE.
The Mickey to Mickey tap functions - entering parks and LL, charging purchases, unlocking resort room door - will work indefinitely because they use power from the point they’re tapping. Long distance functions like linking ride photos require a working battery in the MB, and those last 2-3 years. However, linking your MDE account to Bluetooth on your phone can do the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter