Magic Bands fitting properly/ do you carry hard ticket back up

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip using magic bands. We purchased the 2.0 as we are staying at Swan/Dolphin. I tried them on and I have a small wrist and need to really pull it tight for the band to feel comfortable. I am somewhat surprised that there is nothing to secure the band other than the 2 small points. anyone purchased those bitbelts to slide on and secure the band, not sure these would be comfortable but I am also going to be bringing my confirmation codes to my tickets so I can get hard paper tickets as a back up. some of the reviews for the bitbelts I see on amazon say that they are too small for the MB 2.0. any advice? I'm sure people have lost bands before. Just trying to prevemt it happening for us. Also, does any MB stuff have to be taken care of IN the parks as we are staying offsite? does Swan/Dolphin have any Disney CM's on property?

We used the rubber watch band holders last trip and they worked great. But this time around we are going to use the puck holders I bought on Etsy with a pull key holder. This way they will he clipped onto our pants and u can just tug in it to scan where ever.

Staying at swan and dolphin it will be only your fast passes on on them anyway.

The Swan/ Dolphin do have Disney ticket desks if you have any questions or concerns for them. Saw multiple people stopping by during my stay at Swan last week.

We used the rubber watch band holders last trip and they worked great. But this time around we are going to use the puck holders I bought on Etsy with a pull key holder. This way they will he clipped onto our pants and u can just tug in it to scan where ever.

Can you recommend a brand? And were your bands 2.0?

The Magic Band also will serve as their park admission (to enter the parks) and will put their Photopass photos into their MDE account. It will not work to open Swan/Dolphin room doors.

OP, maybe you know that if you turn the MagicBand over so that you are looking at the back (grey) side, you can see where you can pull off part of it to make it into a smaller band. That's too small for me, so I just take a pair of scissors and cut off part of the end which does not have the two prongs. It could still pop open, but it's more comfortable than having a huge amount of band.

Disney sells MagicKeepers which you can put on a lanyard. You take the "puck" out of the Magic Band and put it into the MagicKeeper. https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-magickeepers-lanyard-medal-1428100

I, personally, do carry my tickets as back-up. That's not because I assume the Magic Band will pop off my wrist and get lost. It's because I don't trust Disney IT.

I think I have small wrists? I just measured and it is exactly 6 inches around and my Magic bands fit great. I just pull off the extra backing so it's child size, but I did use Bit Belts as well. I bought them on Amazon and they will say if they fit 2.0 or if they're smaller. I got the glow in the dark kind :)

Since we went I bought an Apple Watch so I bought a puck holder off Etsy so I don't need the band anymore.

Etsy has the band locks for the Magicband 2.0. I was just looking at them for our upcoming trip. They get many good reviews.
I've had a trip where I lost a Magicband and then on my last trip it came off me several times but I was aware, so I want something that will help secure it for sure.
Even so, I always carry a hard copy of my tickets since we did have an issue once with them not reading from the Magicband.

Etsy has the band locks for the Magicband 2.0. I was just looking at them for our upcoming trip. They get many good reviews.
I've had a trip where I lost a Magicband and then on my last trip it came off me several times but I was aware, so I want something that will help secure it for sure.
Even so, I always carry a hard copy of my tickets since we did have an issue once with them not reading from the Magicband.
Thanks for the tip! I’m a hard core Amazon user and the ones on amazon had mixed reviews! I just ordered off Etsy and should be here before my trip!!

I take the grey part off every time. I've only lost one band (in a lot of trips...we make Christmas tree Garland out of MBs) and my kids and dh have never lost any. It was a torrential rain poncho day. I just went to guest services and got a replacement.

I always take the gray part off. I also have small wrists, and it fits fine this way. OP, if your wrists are small, you should just take that part off. You won't need to put it back on.

I also remove the dark outer part and it fits fine. I have small wrists as well.

OP--I forgot to address the potential for losing the band. If you're careful about fastening it correctly, it's very unlikely you'll lose it. However, if you're not careful and only one of the two points is engaged, that's another story. My DH lost his band once at DAK. We went to Guest Services and, amazingly, someone had turned it in! So we got it back. But since the tickets don't take up much room, why not just have them as backup just in case? Can't hurt. At the very least take a snapshot of them so you'll have the info on your phone if anything happens . . . which it probably won't!

A small piece of duct tape, 1/4 inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long, wrapped around the secured Magic Band will prevent it falling off. We always carry a roll of duct tape with us in our luggage when we go to Florida. It comes in handy for numerous 'quick-fix' uses and only costs a few dollars, plus it's available at WalMart, Target, etc. in different colors if you're picky about the visual aesthetics of using it.

I went on a 6 day trip in March of 2018. The weather was very pleasant, not hot or humid at all and I never lost my magicband which I wore everyday. During the following June when it was very humid and hot, I started developing an itchy rash under my band so I started wearing it more loosely, not enough to fit over my hand but enough so that it wasn't wrapped right next to my skin. On that 6 day trip I lost at least 2 magicbands, maybe 3 and so resorted to using my ticket. I had gotten a bitbelt type thing from Disney since I had an annual pass but had forgotten all about it and ended up ordering the bitbelts from Amazon. They work well enough - haven't lost a magicband since using them. The fasteners on my band do come apart and loosen but the bit belt kept it on when that happened. I press as hard as I can on the fasteners so not sure why I have problems.

Removing the grey outer part will make it more comfortable for small wrists to wear. But regardless of the size, as long as you firmly press the band closed, it should not come off. Neither my son or I have had one come off yet (knock on wood). Using a bit belt is a good extra for ease of mind though, so if you are concerned I would use one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter