Magic Bands... do you arrive in them?

I also put mine on once the plane lands or maybe on the MCO shuttle thing. I do want to have it secured by the time I get to DME.

We drive, and I always wear mine as I have multiple sets that I coordinate them now to what I wear. :) DH keeps his handy in his backpack. Like PP said, It's my status symbol that I'm going to the most magical place on earth! As I get closer to Disney, you also start to see others that are wearing them as they drive. :) It's become a game to find other people driving to Disney, lol.

LOL

New to Magic Bands and just made a reservation today...how far in advance do they mail the Magic Bands (my trip is end of August). Thanks!

I think its 30 days out. I'm headed there on 9/5 and we have 5 days left to customize. I'd log on to MDE tonight and check it out. You will get them if you have a reservation at a Disney hotel. They might all be grey.

I will wear them on the airplane next time. I didn't like fumbling with them in the airport on our way to ME.

I think its 30 days out. I'm headed there on 9/5 and we have 5 days left to customize. I'd log on to MDE tonight and check it out. You will get them if you have a reservation at a Disney hotel. They might all be grey.

I was able to pick colors and our names...good thing because DD would not have enjoyed the grey! Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it would arrive on-time...mine said, "shipping soon" or something to that effect.

Also FYI, if you book through Orbitz or similar check the address. My address was listed as another address, I'm assuming it is Orbitz' address. I was able to change it.

We put them on once we landed. We rode the Magical Express so they were scanned then. I saw some wore them on the plane.

We drive, and I always wear mine as I have multiple sets that I coordinate them now to what I wear. :) DH keeps his handy in his backpack. Like PP said, It's my status symbol that I'm going to the most magical place on earth! As I get closer to Disney, you also start to see others that are wearing them as they drive. :) It's become a game to find other people driving to Disney, lol.

LOL! Love it!
OK, we have our bands, but are staying at "another theme park" for the first part of the week. I plan on keeping our bands in our day bag upon arrival at MCO and then store them in the safe at the "other resort," but will our bands know we strayed? Just how far are we being "tracked" anyway? ;)

Does everyone in the party need to wear them to get on DME or can one person for all 3 of us?? TIA :)

We put ours on as we are walking towards the Magical Express area.

We did this as well. Just kept them in my purse on the plane. You'll need them on to be scanned at the Magical Express entrance, so you will want them with you in your carry on.

Thinking we will put them on either at the airport in Boston or on the plane. I can't see it being successful putting them on walking to the bus, we are usually WAY too excited:)

We packed ours in our carry-ons and then put them on in the airport right before going through the DME line.

This. And because I'm a profuse sweat-er (perspirer?) ESPECIALLY during most months of Florida weather, I either carry my MB in my pocket or around my belt loop. I only use my MB for park entry, FP+ and resort room entry so I don't need it around my wrist 24/7. I don't use it for charging expenses. Just works for me...

Canadians cant get theirs apparently until we check into the resort. :( So for us I guess at checkin!

My family is arriving on 5 different flights. Disney was going to send 11 bands to me but I thought it would be easier if they just held them at the motel, giving each party their bands as they arrived. The CM told me that they would still be able to ride the Magical Express without the bands. I believe I will call Disney closer to the trip just to make sure!!! We go Dec.13th-Dec.20th!!

Our plan is to put them on the morning we wake up to leave for the airport!

I put mine on when I get home after my last day of work (assuming I'm leaving the next morning!). I like some time to get used to it before I get there. I also don't want to forget to bring it. I keep it on the whole time I'm at Disney - again so I can't forget it!

I'm from Canada as well so we won't be receiving our bands until hotel check-in, however I have an old magic band from my trip in May, it is still activate. Will I be able to use that band to check in for magical express??

If we have a direct flight (it's rare), we put them on prior to boarding the plane, so we're not juggling through our stuff once we land at MCO prior to boarding DME. If we have a layover, we wait until we're about to board our last plane. It helps "set the mood" that we're about to start our vacation. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter