Magic Bands... do you arrive in them?

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
Arriving at WDW on Wednesday (arriving by plane). Should we all put them on at home? So we arrive in them?

Not sure I want to walk around with it on before we get to the world.....

What does everyone do?

We are going in 2 weeks and we are planning on wearing them on the plane. From what I have read it may help at the Magical Express check in and even the resort check in.

Some people do, some people don't.

I wouldn't wear them on the plane, but I would make sure that they were in my carry on and not in my checked luggage.

Oh yes,I definitely wear mine on the Plane-I consider it a "status symbol" that shouts-"I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!" to everyone on the flight!lol:)

Also,if you're registered for DME,the MagicBand is all you need to board DME at OIA!:)

Oh yes,I definitely wear mine on the Plane-I consider it a "status symbol" that shouts-"I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!" to everyone on the flight!lol:)

Also,if you're registered for DME,the MagicBand is all you need to board DME at OIA!:)

Love it!

We packed ours in our carry-ons and then put them on in the airport right before going through the DME line.

Arriving at WDW on Wednesday (arriving by plane). Should we all put them on at home? So we arrive in them?

Not sure I want to walk around with it on before we get to the world.....

What does everyone do?

When we road the bus to Disney, most everyone in line had them on back in Dec! We put ours on there because we got them when we checked in right before we got on the bus (we didn't even attach the tags to our luggage, yup we were that family not ashamed to admit it!) so we will probably put them on while on the plan.

You do need them for the Magical Express. We put ours in our carry on luggage and put them on once we got to the airport.

We drive, but will probably wear them in the car on the way...that way I'm sure we didn't forget them!

I carry them (all of them......like the color variety) with me in the bag with my book, Kindle, snacks, etc

I am so excited that I put mine on once I am past security at my airport. For starters you need it to board Magical Express but having stared at it for awhile I want to put it on ASAP!

I am so excited that I put mine on once I am past security at my airport. For starters you need it to board Magical Express but having stared at it for awhile I want to put it on ASAP!
We put ours on as we are walking towards the Magical Express area.

We are in Canada! And yours can't be mailed to us. We get them at resort when we check in. So I'm assuming we don't need them for magical express???

I also wear my Magic Band on the plane so that I am all set to board the Magical Express :yay:

I am from Canada also and when we went to WDW in Oct 2013, the bands were still in the testing phase. We did have a voucherr booklet that had our ME info in it. It also had our hotel voucher (booked through DU). We picked up our bands at the hotel.

We are in Canada! And yours can't be mailed to us. We get them at resort when we check in. So I'm assuming we don't need them for magical express???

You should also still get the paper document in your travel paperwork which can be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter