• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands - Different MDE Account

jen23il

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this should go here or Attractions board, however, we are mainly concerned with our hotel.

My extended family has been to Disney on my MDE with Magic Bands on my account and will be returning with me all in a 2bdrm villa at BC. However, this is the tricky part, before they join us there, they are staying with her in-laws at the Contemporary.
They went through a TA and the TA set up a whole new MDE account for my extended family, and their inlaws. They got new Magic Bands for that stay. So their magic bands (new ones) are tied to that MDE account, not mine that has the BC ressie.

My understanding is after their stay at the Contemporary we should take them off that other MDE account and link their magic bands onto my account so they can get into the new room at BC - Correct?

Does anyone see any issues with that? Or am I wrong about this?

For whatever reason, I was not able to get the new MB for the BC stay (could be we are checked in at BC before they come over in a standard room and then will move to the 2BDRM when they join us). In any case, can't just swap MB's.

TIA.

I think at this point the best thing to do is to have your extended family set up their OWN MDE account. Then both you and the inlaws can invite them as friends and family.

There would be no reason to take them off the other MDE account, that wouldn't make a difference. There would be no way to reuse those magic bands and put them on your account. You would have to order them new magic bands for your stay. According to the system, as of now they are two entirely separate sets of people. You could just leave both reservations as is and then just have them switch magic bands for the second half of the stay, but then you have to worry about a kid showing up to the park with the wrong band on and having to go back to the hotel, so I'd really just set them up on their own.

As far as customizing magic bands for the two bedroom stay, that's just an IT glitch that a lot of us are having. Just call IT and they will push some magic button on their end and the reservation will then show up to customize.

Thanks - I'll have them get their own MDE and I'll invite them onto mine.

Make sure your in-laws invites them too. Just an fyi, sometimes when linking MDE accounts it connects the primary account holder but not the spouse/kids. If you have an issue call IT and they will fix that too. Do you sense a theme??

ot sure if this should go here or Attractions board, however, we are mainly concerned with our hotel.

My extended family has been to Disney on my MDE with Magic Bands on my account and will be returning with me all in a 2bdrm villa at BC. However, this is the tricky part, before they join us there, they are staying with her in-laws at the Contemporary.
They went through a TA and the TA set up a whole new MDE account for my extended family, and their inlaws. They got new Magic Bands for that stay. So their magic bands (new ones) are tied to that MDE account, not mine that has the BC ressie.

My understanding is after their stay at the Contemporary we should take them off that other MDE account and link their magic bands onto my account so they can get into the new room at BC - Correct?

Does anyone see any issues with that? Or am I wrong about this?

For whatever reason, I was not able to get the new MB for the BC stay (could be we are checked in at BC before they come over in a standard room and then will move to the 2BDRM when they join us). In any case, can't just swap MB's.

Which MagicBands are holding the tickets? That is really important to know because those are the MagicBands that will get you into the park.

If your extended family's tickets are tied to the TA generated MB's, then it might be easier to change the guests on your BC reservation to the ones that the TA generated.

No tickets - they will be in the parks the week before these last few days are to enjoy the Beach Club pool. Well, and mom and dad want to go to Universal so we can watch the kiddos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter