~~~~magic bands delivery lost!!!~~~~

Patrickprincess

faith trust and pixie dust
Okay so I get my email about my MB having shipped great I say. Then I look at the tracking number and it isn't ups. Okay I call Disney and ask about the tracking number they tell me on the first call (I had to call two more times.) It was delivered to my post office. I get my mail from a PO Box.(I HATE HAVING A PO BOX) Any way called my Post Office they tell me they haven't got it. So I called Disney and very politely explain the trouble. After 30 minutes the CM told me the package had been lost. So I had to reorder the band. When I ordered the band I changed my Post Office box to my real address. So now I have to wait and see if the darn thing shows up. If it doesn't then I will have to reorder and then have it shipped to my resort. This is not magical. At this point I'm about ready to cancel the band.

How on earth would any of that be Disney's fault? They're letting you reorder the bands, that's the best that they can do.

I thought UPS wouldn't deliver to PO Boxes. Why not ship it to your house in the first place?

Doesn't sound like a Disney problem, sounds like a USPS problem.

I wasn't blaming Disney. I know that Disney is doing everything they can. I'm just saying there has to be a better way of tracking. I was just wondering why my other address wasn't used. I know that UPS doesn't deliver to POST OFFICE BOXES.:confused3

I wasn't blaming Disney. I know that Disney is doing everything they can. I'm just saying there has to be a better way of tracking. I was just wondering why my other address wasn't used. I know that UPS doesn't deliver to POST OFFICE BOXES.:confused3

Your other address wasn't used because you didn't change it. My bands would have been shipped to my travel agent had I not changed my address when I customized my bands. That would have been my fault.

Okay so I get my email about my MB having shipped great I say. Then I look at the tracking number and it isn't ups. Okay I call Disney and ask about the tracking number they tell me on the first call (I had to call two more times.) It was delivered to my post office. I get my mail from a PO Box.(I HATE HAVING A PO BOX) Any way called my Post Office they tell me they haven't got it. So I called Disney and very politely explain the trouble. After 30 minutes the CM told me the package had been lost. So I had to reorder the band. When I ordered the band I changed my Post Office box to my real address. So now I have to wait and see if the darn thing shows up. If it doesn't then I will have to reorder and then have it shipped to my resort. This is not magical. At this point I'm about ready to cancel the band.

So, you changed your address on the first order or the re-order? This says you changed it on the re-order. If you know that you can't get packages to your PO Box, you should have changed it in the first place. I get that its a bummer, and this might serve as a warning to others to be sure they change their address the first time, but I still don't get how it has anything to do with Disney itself.

If its coming USPS and you do not get delivery at your house they may return it. Unless the carrier or the mark up clerk recognizes the name and knows you have a PO Box it will bet returned. Also if Disney has the package marked do not forward they can't put it to the PO Box.

Good luck. I hope you get them.

I'm sorry if I confused any one. Here's the deal I changed my address on the first order. I live in very small town. My house is on a busy highway and sometimes FEDX misses the house. Perhaps I should have ordered the band over the phone.:confused3

Now I am confused....you've mentioned UPS, FedEx and a PO Box???
I too live in a very small town, get my mail at PO where my very good friend is postmaster but even he cannot intercept unless the PO # is on mail. Most items delivered free anymore come UPS dropped of at Post Office for USPS to finish delivery (per another close friend working UPS). Unless you have BOTH addresses on them it can get real tricky. Actually the tricky part is getting the package to contain both addresses as most companies do not allow that!!!!
Ok my rant is done but I made sure both my addresses were on my MB order!

I'm just saying it's' been a hot mess. I have learned a lesson. Lesson learned make darn sure of my physical address. Again sorry if I confused anyone. I was just saying that maybe ups had delivered to the po box like FedEx had a couple of times. I called Disney after a got a email this afternoon from them. The CM was nice and understanding. She put me on hold for a few minutes anyway she told me they can now ship to po boxes. So if everything goes right I should have them by next monday

I have a question.

Why is everyone so intent on having the MB shipped to their home just to have to pack them up within a few weeks for vacation? If you opt for resort delivery it's one less thing to remember IMO.

This is not at all meant to be snarky. I truly don't understand the urgency to have the bands "in hand" before arrival?

From my understanding if you have ME booked through Disney then you can you use your MB to ride the ME bus.

From my understanding if you have ME booked through Disney then you can you use your MB to ride the ME bus.

Correct. From the Customization screen:
Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets" and Disney Resort hotel room "keys." Be sure to pack your MagicBands in a carry-on bag so you'll have them available upon arrival.

After several phone calls my original MB was located . The band had been delivered to my resort. This was after I reordered my second MB. Make a long story short I have my second MB.

I have a question.

Why is everyone so intent on having the MB shipped to their home just to have to pack them up within a few weeks for vacation? If you opt for resort delivery it's one less thing to remember IMO.

This is not at all meant to be snarky. I truly don't understand the urgency to have the bands "in hand" before arrival?

1) its just fun to have them (I know I really needed mine! :lmao:)
2) if you have the infinity game, you get special stuff if you have a band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter