Magic Bands at Disneyland?

I think they are all on sale, company wide, right now. We bought them in DCA, at a gift shop. There weren't any signs or anything, but they rang up $10 off, except the one limited release one we got. I got my 20% AP discount on top of that. Total with tax for 3 bands was just over $90.
Nice. Loved the ones I bought for us.

As @DLgal and others said, no MB+ needed (MB won't work). The DL App works extremely well for scanning the tickets and even faster than the MB+ method. You scan DAS holder first, turns blue, let the CM know DAS holder and if stairs are okay or not, then scan the remaining tickets. You don't even need to take the phone out the the slot, just cycle through the tickets quickly. The paper ticket that they give at the turnstiles does NOT have RFID scanning like WDW tickets; so only used at the turnstiles. DLR also default takes your picture instead of the finger scanners.

The DAS signup and advanced selection process also is a little different online, IMHO it's easier with DLR.

I can confirm that using the magic bands makes scanning in for DAS rides take longer. When you tap the band, there is a lag of about 2 seconds before it lights up, then another 2 seconds while it cycles before you can tap the next one. When you use the phone, you can just swipe through the tickets much faster and the system reads them instantly.

I can confirm that using the magic bands makes scanning in for DAS rides take longer. When you tap the band, there is a lag of about 2 seconds before it lights up, then another 2 seconds while it cycles before you can tap the next one. When you use the phone, you can just swipe through the tickets much faster and the system reads them instantly.
Thank you for confirming this. So you just scan your park tickets at the ride and the DAS are linked to the park tickets? And you can scan them all from one phone as long as the DAS holder’s ticket is scanned first?

Thank you for confirming this. So you just scan your park tickets at the ride and the DAS are linked to the park tickets? And you can scan them all from one phone as long as the DAS holder’s ticket is scanned first?

The app will show the DAS return time on the home screen and once the time has arrived, there will be a button that says "Redeem". When you click on that, it launches the barcodes for everyone with a photo of the ride underneath. The DAS holders barcode will say (Registered) under the name. You have to swipe to the DAS holder's barcode first, yes. At Disneyland, you insert your phone into a slot, barcode at the top. The phone only goes in halfway. Once you have scanned in the DAS holder, you leave the phone inserted and simply swipe through the rest of the barcodes. I prefer to use these specific DAS ride barcodes to the ticket barcodes in the app. They read easier in the machines.

You can also use physical tickets, but that gets cumbersome.

The easiest way is to load everyone's tickets on everyone's phones OR just have anyone with a phone just log into the app with your credentials (that's what we do in my family). This way, everyone's app shows the same stuff.

The app will show the DAS return time on the home screen and once the time has arrived, there will be a button that says "Redeem". When you click on that, it launches the barcodes for everyone with a photo of the ride underneath. The DAS holders barcode will say (Registered) under the name. You have to swipe to the DAS holder's barcode first, yes. At Disneyland, you insert your phone into a slot, barcode at the top. The phone only goes in halfway. Once you have scanned in the DAS holder, you leave the phone inserted and simply swipe through the rest of the barcodes. I prefer to use these specific DAS ride barcodes to the ticket barcodes in the app. They read easier in the machines.

The easiest way is to load everyone's tickets on everyone's phones OR just have anyone with a phone just log into the app with your credentials (that's what we do in my family). This way, everyone's app shows the same stuff.
Thank you so much, this was so helpful!!

We've made one adjustment to our scanning method as DS LOVES his MB+ and loves to tap/scan in with his MB+ being the DAS holder.

So this is what we do.
DS with DAS taps in with MB+
He's practicing to let the CM know that stairs are okay.
While I have phone ready at the other scanner and start scanning in the remainder of the party once his scanner turns green.
Then while the party enters, I grab the next DAS time that he's already chosen.

We have a single username/email for the disneyland app. Keeps it easy for ordering QS too as one grabs the food while others hunt for seating. We can have party separated in three different parts of the park before getting together for food. Makes it really nice when one party at DCA and another in DL coming over and want to grab a quick pineapple Dole Whip on the way over. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter