Magic bands at Alauni

I don't think so, at least that's what I read about 2 months ago. It would be nice if magicbands can be used there though!

What could you use them for? Room key? payments everywhere? towels? Where could you not use them?
Thanks for the info.

We are going in October so looking forward to knowing a definitive answer on how they can or cannot be used at Aluani. We are stopping at Disneyland for a couple days prior to Aluani, will they work at DL too?

I read a couple of PlanDisney's responses from earlier this year, and the panelists did say some people had tried using the old magicband (not Magicband+), and they worked for their doors. However, they said it is still official that magicbands aren't being used at Aulani. If you have the older bands, perhaps you can bring them and try.

We were just there in July 2023. Our magic bands worked great for our room key, getting the daily wristbands at the pool and for towels, and charging at gift shops or at dinner. We found them very convenient! The CMs said if they have been linked at WDW they tend to work well, but are more finicky if they were originally activated and linked to DL. We had used ours at WDW in spring and I just packed them to bring along this summer! The CMs at the front desk were able to code them to work at Aulani upon our check in.

Does all this apply for Magic bands bought at Aulani? And would these work at the park? I know nothing about the bands. I’ve only been to Aulani and Disneyland.

Also can you use the bands to get your towels and pool bands for the day?

Like others, we used the MagicBands (not the plus ones) at Aulani with no problem as a room key, for getting pool wristbands, and buying food. It's really nice since we can leave the purses and wallets in the room and just use the MagicBand to go from the room into pool, get some food, back into pool, and then up to the room. No need to worry about stuff being stolen while in the water and no need for pockets on swimwear!
I would imagine that MB's from Aulani work like MB's from anywhere as long as they are paired with the resort you happen to be at. We use the same MB+'s at DL/DCA, WDW, DCL, and other Disney properties with no problems.

Like others, we used the MagicBands (not the plus ones) at Aulani with no problem as a room key, for getting pool wristbands, and buying food. It's really nice since we can leave the purses and wallets in the room and just use the MagicBand to go from the room into pool, get some food, back into pool, and then up to the room. No need to worry about stuff being stolen while in the water and no need for pockets on swimwear!
I would imagine that MB's from Aulani work like MB's from anywhere as long as they are paired with the resort you happen to be at. We use the same MB+'s at DL/DCA, WDW, DCL, and other Disney properties with no problems.
Do you just need them linked on MDE, like would be used at WDW? Or is there a way to link them to Aulani (maybe on their website)?

For us, MagicBands did NOT work in March 2021 or May 2022, but they did work this year in June/July 2023...

I swear, every time I come back to this board there is a new thread asking whether Magic Bands work at Aulani and a bunch of people insistent that they do not work. They DO work. This is official as of around August last year. We went in October, you just need to link your Aulani booking to the same Disney account as your Magic Band and My Disney Experience app and you can use for room key and charging purchases. Aulani is a perfect use case for Magic Bands since it allows you to hit the pools with no wallet / purse. Enjoy!

They DO work. This is official as of around August last year. We went in October, you just need to link your Aulani booking to the same Disney account as your Magic Band and My Disney Experience app and you can use for room key and charging purchases.
This is exactly our experience. Yes, MBs do work at Aulani as long as your Aulani reservation is on your MDE account. Nothing else required.

At Aulani now…Magic Bands work for purchases at restaurants and shops and to open doors. Had front desk sync them…been wearing them in pools and lagoon!

Did you need to enter the aulani reservation in your MDE account. We tried and seems to only take WDW reservation.

We managed to use our older (Magicband 2.0) Magicbands a few weeks ago. The CM at check in said that as long as your Aulani reservation is linked to your MDE account you should be good to go. She linked all of our bands to our reservation and we were able to use them in lieu of room keys all week. Definitely very helpful with how often you’re in and out of the pool and/or sea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter