Magic Bands? Are these useful?

I have a MB+ from my last WDW trip. I’ll probably just register it to DL. I don’t think I’ll buy one.

Then again I always say I’m not buying a new MB and yet somehow I end up with one 🤣
When shopping for my DL MagicBand+ last week, I was told by the cast member in World of Disney (who checked with "higher ups" before divulging this info) that the WDW ones won't work in DL, but the DL ones will work in WDW. I cannot verify this myself, but it's worth looking into ahead of time if you plan to use your WDW one in DL. Just a heads up!

When shopping for my DL MagicBand+ last week, I was told by the cast member in World of Disney (who checked with "higher ups" before divulging this info) that the WDW ones won't work in DL, but the DL ones will work in WDW. I cannot verify this myself, but it's worth looking into ahead of time if you plan to use your WDW one in DL. Just a heads up!
I believe they might have been referring to Magic Band vs Magic Band +. The plus works at both parks. The regular MB do not work at Disneyland.

FWIW we had no problems taking our WDW MB+ to DL last summer, but when we brought them back to WDW things got grumpy. It took a couple of trips to the concierge to set them back up for WDW.

Thanks. I’ll check.

The original MBs won’t work at DL but if you link the MB+ in the DL app, they work just fine at DL. Between my husband and myself, we took 6 MB+s with us to DL and were able to use all of them last month.

That’s nonsense. My WDW MB+s all worked at DL last week.

whoever told you that is confusing the WDW MB+’s with the old MBs and MB2s.

That’s nonsense. My WDW MB+s all worked at DL last week.

whoever told you that is confusing the WDW MB+’s with the old MBs and MB2s.
That's what I suspected might be the case (original and second version bands versus the plus versions), but I was in no situation to push him on it, as he didn't seem especially knowledgeable. Just wanted to mention it in case it was an accurate statement. I've seen stranger things.

Will my Magicband+ bands that are linked to my WDW account automatically work for my Disneyland account? If not, can I link the same band to both accounts or will I need a new Magicband+ linked solely to my Disneyland account? I don't want to mess up the bands in my WDW by tooling around before I know what I'm doing. Thanks.

Will my Magicband+ bands that are linked to my WDW account automatically work for my Disneyland account? If not, can I link the same band to both accounts or will I need a new Magicband+ linked solely to my Disneyland account? I don't want to mess up the bands in my WDW by tooling around before I know what I'm doing. Thanks.
It was fairly easy for us to link from WDW to DL, but going back was more problematic. CMs should be able to help you though if you are afraid to do it on your own and don’t want to buy a second set of bands.

It’s not automatic.

At Disneyland the bands are linked to a ticket and can be unlinked and then linked to a new ticket. You will have to do the linking though in the Disneyland app.

At WDW the bands are linked to a person and can never be unlinked.

A band can be linked and unlinked from Disneyland tickets infinitely regardless of its WDW status. The name on the WDW account can be different from the name on the Disneyland ticket. It acts as if they are completely separate systems managed by the same band.

You shouldn’t have any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter