Magic Bands and the Fort

wdw_dine_junkie

DIS Veteran
First stay at the Fort with our fairly new travel trailer, coming up in a few weeks. Just got the magic bands in the mail. This is our first stay on property in years, first with the Magic bands. We live close and have APs, usually just make day trips from Tampa area. Do all the charges made throughout the parks post to the card as one total charge at the end from Fort Wilderness? Or do they all post individually from each merchant to the credit card? Reason I am asking is that my credit card gives 3x points on hotel charges, but 5x on dining and only 1x on regular spending. Answer might change my decision on what I use the band on or if I should swipe the card for. Hope that made sense.

My experience has been that anytime you use your magic band to pay for dining, souvenirs, etc, its shows up as an item on your room, or in the case of FW, site statement, like room service would at a hotel. Whether your CC company would see FW as a hotel would be the question. If you use your magic band to pay for things in the parks or the resorts, think of it as a room charge. At the end of your stay, your CC on file will be charged the balance owed. So, if you use your magic band, it's all one charge from FW rather than each item being a separate dining or other purchase. Hope this helps.

My experience has been that anytime you use your magic band to pay for dining, souvenirs, etc, its shows up as an item on your room, or in the case of FW, site statement, like room service would at a hotel. Whether your CC company would see FW as a hotel would be the question. If you use your magic band to pay for things in the parks or the resorts, think of it as a room charge. At the end of your stay, your CC on file will be charged the balance owed. So, if you use your magic band, it's all one charge from FW rather than each item being a separate dining or other purchase. Hope this helps.

agree with tcu4me, They ask you at check in if you want to use the card you made the reservations on, or a different card. All charges with MB are billed to the room. You do get an itemized bill will all charges.

That helps! If it's anything like the deposit, it shows as Disney Resort Reservations, which was 3x points. So any dining I'll use the card directly and any merch I'll use the band. All the points help :)

Here is what happened to us:
My bank showed a hold for the full amount of the room PLUS the $100 deposit the day of check in. The next day, it was gone and most of the charges were billed to the "room (or magic band really) and were posted to my bank 4 days after check in and again on check out day.

There were some charges what went right to my bank and were not held by the room, like Ray's and Rosies and a few carts in Magic Kingdom though.

You also can see a run down of the charges accumulating by using the MDE and clicking on your "hotel". I loved being able to calculate our balaalce without having to go to the Outpost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter