• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands and hearing aids

Mmfan4

Earning My Ears
Hello!
We noticed a note when we received our Magic Bands stating that they may interfere with hearing aids. Has anyone had a problem with this? If so, how severe of an issue?
Our daughter wears aids and we don't wish her to have a problem.

Thank you
Jen

I would personally check it will depend on the type and make of theaids I would ask for a card instead
jacqui

I would personally check it will depend on the type and make of theaids I would ask for a card instead jacqui

This is a good idea. I would not deactivate the band- if it does NOT interfere with her aids, then she can just use the band. If it does, then she will have the card. Have a great visit!
Sarah

I would personally check it will depend on the type and make of theaids I would ask for a card instead jacqui

Is it possible to have a card AND the band? I know she is really excited to use her band.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes you can have both on the same account. I wouldn't worry too much. That is a standard warning required because they didn't test the bands for compatibility. It doesn't mean that there will be interference just that they didn't specifically test for it. From a technical standpoint, I don't see much likelihood of an issue at all.

It strikes me that the band would probably have to get relatively close to the ear to potentially cause a real problem. If you were worried about her touching her hair or something while wearing it, she doesn't have to actually wear the band on her wrist. It needs to be somewhere where it can be scanned when needed, but that could be on a lanyard or bag or something that won't go close to her ears.

We aren't real concerned about any issues but I was just curious IF anyone had had problems.
Thank you all for your comments and info

DH has hearing aids and he had no issues at all. I don't remember seeing a warning. We were last there about 10 months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter