Magic Bands and Gift Cards

rileyreese

Mouseketeer
I am sure this has been asked and answered before but I just do not know where.

Can I buy Disney gift cards and apply them to MY magic band? Like if I take multiple children can a $50 card be added to each of theirs and they only spend that?

I don't think so, however I think you might be able to limit the amount that can be spent on any particular MB, presumably at check in or at hotel desk. Someone correct me if I am wrong -

There must be a credit card on file backing the MB charges. You can then take the gift cards to the front desk and pay it down each evening or before the charges go thru. But you cannot just put a gift card as backing to the MB charges. I know adults can set-up to have a different CC, but I don't know about the kids. You can ask the front desk about limiting each child's band, but again it would have to be a credit card likely tied to an adult's account.

Enjoy your vacation!

No.
You'd be charging back to your room reservation which you can then go to the front desk and pay down with gift cards before it goes on your credit card.
Personally I'd just get gift cards and use them like gift cards.
If you want your kids to be responsible for them you could get them a lanyard to put them in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter