Magic bands and extras for passholders?

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
We just purchased the pirate passes. I used to be an passholder before covid and remember getting magic bands and magnets for my car. Are these no longer offered?

They send out magnets occasionally, and every now and then they’ll have one you can only pick up in person at DS. When any passholder MBs come available, you’ll have to purchase that yourself; they aren’t given as freebies.

Back in 2019, I picked up a magnet in Epcot, but I'm not sure if they are going to have them there.

WDW also sells some items only Passholders can buy, but I don't think I have bought any. They are usually items like pins, and the prices are pretty high.

There are also sometimes 'exclusive' snacks and drinks only passholders can buy, but again, they don't generally appeal to me/impress me, and they aren't free. IMO, not much of a perk. I think they are only at limited times of year.

One of the better passholder perks are the rare new ride preview opportunities. The DISboards usually has information when they are going to happen.

Another is the food and merchandise discounts in the parks. They are listed on the WDW website. Food discounts tend to be 10% off table service meals, and 10% off merchandise, but not every location, and often you have to ask for it. Some CM's are very nice, others very strict. One made me show my pass- in MDE, plus an ID. She would not even accept my plastic passholder card at all, but made me call it up in MDE. And get this- I was ONLY buying a $5 reusable shopping bag, so we're talking 50 cents.

I think the magic bands for APs are offered at a discount, like the ones with a hotel stay are now done.
Just looked back, and the free bands were discontinued as of August 2021.

WDW currently has a few of the plain bands for $10, some at $14.99.

They also have the new plus for -I think- $24.99 and $34.99.

(I was just looking at it a moment ago, and I'm surprised they still have any of the $10 bands. )

I think the options/choices still vary from day to day. Sometimes they offer special passholder exclusive bands. I have not bought any though, so I don't recall the details of how to buy them.

I think the magic bands for APs are offered at a discount, like the ones with a hotel stay are now done.
They are. Exact same pricing structure as the ones you can buy for a resort stay and the exact same selection available at a given time. (I checked because we still can buy them for our YC stay.) Which is how it was before when they got rid of the free ones. I don’t know if they still give you the sliders though, I suppose I’ll find out. I still have my old one.

I haven't gotten a slider the last two times I had an AP. I let mine expire last year, which was a huge mistake that I fixed last Thursday. I also have not had a magnet sent to me in years, I did pick one up at Epcot last April when I had an AP. I didn't see anywhere in the parks with signs for them last week. Most of the time I didn't even have to show my card to get the discount and when I did, I did not have to show an ID although I did have both out and ready just in case. I didn't try to buy anything outside of Disney owned stores or eat anywhere other than Disney owned restaurants last week but in the past I've rarely been able to use it where I eat or shop. I used to buy a mask in Italy every year and that is not a Disney owned store so no discount. I also never got a discount at the restaurant in the Mexico pavilion because it was not Disney owned.

I got a slider with my July 2019 AP when I got the free MagicBand. That’s the last time I did. (I know I got one with 2019, because that is when I first got my AP - prior to that I only had one in the 2014 year, that slider says 2014 - the 2019 one has no year)

Now you just get discounted MB and often your AP discount is better just to use on a MB in store unless you want one of the exclusives.

I never get the magnets in the mail ..Canadian 🤪 My friend got two last time so she gave me one. I have on occasion been lucky enough to have a trip coincide with when they are giving out magnets on-site.

We have blue sliders that have 2014 on them & orange sliders with no year. I know those were after the blue ones but not sure what year we got them, probably 2016 or 17. DS & DDIL got them in 2018 or 19 but even tho we had APs, we didn’t get them. I remember they were out of them at some point. Some people posted about picking them up in person, don’t remember if that was 2018 or 19. They definitely never went out after Covid.

Last edited:
I got a slider with my July 2019 AP when I got the free MagicBand. That’s the last time I did. (I know I got one with 2019, because that is when I first got my AP - prior to that I only had one in the 2014 year, that slider says 2014 - the 2019 one has no year)

Now you just get discounted MB and often your AP discount is better just to use on a MB in store unless you want one of the exclusives.

I never get the magnets in the mail ..Canadian 🤪 My friend got two last time so she gave me one. I have on occasion been lucky enough to have a trip coincide with when they are giving out magnets on-site.
I always get two magnets - don’t know what’s up with that, and my son gets two. I usually give at least one away to someone who laments they didn’t get one!

I always get two magnets - don’t know what’s up with that, and my son gets two. I usually give at least one away to someone who laments they didn’t get one!

I haven’t had magnets mailed to us in years. We have picked up the limited time ones in Epcot, but we seem to have fallen off the mailing list for the routine AP ones.

I got one in 2019 purchasing a band after when I renewed that year. It came with it in the mail.

I think that was the last time they were sent. My son & DIL got them that year but we didn’t, even tho we renewed too. I think that is the year they “ran out” & a lot of people didn’t get them. We know what happened after that. 😂

So I guess I should say not sent consistently since before Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter