• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic bands AND a card????

stretch828

stretch
My husband and I are heading down to Disney in Sept. We currently have 2 reservations- 5 nights with free dining and 2 nights room only. Our 5 night reservation has a 7 day park hopper to cover us for the whole week.
So because we have 2 seperate reservations, we have 2 sets of magic bands - which I totally understand. I logged on to MDE this evening, and I see my 2 sets of magic bands and now all of a sudden I also have a card attached to my name... Just me, not my husband. Is this by chance the memory maker card? There is an ID # attached to the card, but that number doesn't match the MM confirmation #. I just want to make sure I don't have some other ticket floating out there that I shouldn't have.
Thanks!

Well I'm not a DVC member so it can't be that. I can see my 7 day hopper tix and they have a totally different ID # than what this card does.

My husband and I are heading down to Disney in Sept. We currently have 2 reservations- 5 nights with free dining and 2 nights room only. Our 5 night reservation has a 7 day park hopper to cover us for the whole week.
So because we have 2 seperate reservations, we have 2 sets of magic bands - which I totally understand. I logged on to MDE this evening, and I see my 2 sets of magic bands and now all of a sudden I also have a card attached to my name... Just me, not my husband. Is this by chance the memory maker card? There is an ID # attached to the card, but that number doesn't match the MM confirmation #. I just want to make sure I don't have some other ticket floating out there that I shouldn't have.
Thanks!

This is normal. ;) It is just the way their system is set-up at the present time. They apply different numbers to Magic Bands than they do tickets. Mine looks like that, too and has since the first trip I have taken to Disney using a Magic Band.

Ok, but my husband doesn't have a card....just me. And it's only in my name. Should he have one too??

We are going in August. Also 2 separate reservation. MDE has shown Magic Bands and Cards for both. While it does show a card for each of us, we received our Bands (for first part) today and no cards. It seems the cards would be redundant but figuring they will be given at check in. Not worried because it is Disney! Does your husband show as guest on MDE? Does he show on FP+ and dining reservations?I In our case my wife made the reservation but I opened the MDE account. so we are both on the MDE account. To be at ease I would suggest you call Disney and bounce your situation off a CM. Have a great trip!

Yes, he has a MDE account and shows as a guest on the room reservations and ADR's and shows that he has his own magic band. I just wish there was some type of description instead of just an alpha/numerical number.
I'm still thinking it might be the MM/PP card since that is only linked to my name. I'll probably call a CM and have them look into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter