• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands 101

No, you aren't required to wear it, but you will have to get it back out everytime you use a FP or charge to the room.

Good to hear that. We did MNSSHP 2 years ago and MagicBands were in their infancy. So they just scanned your bands and gave the MNSSHP bracelets? That would be convenient for sure.

Yep, we just verified that the MNSSHP tickets were in our MDE account (which they were since we bought them from within our account) and that was it; scanned our bands then gave us the party bracelet and all was good with the world. I saw lots of folks with paper tickets however, so looks like a lot of folks are still going that route.

One word of warning. If you plan to enter a party before 7:00 with just your MB. It may use the wrong ticket. DH and I went in MK about 5 for the Christmas party this past December. It used a general park ticket, not our party ticket. I discovered it when checking on MDE the next day. We each had 3 one day PH tickets I had been given after an incident on a past trip. The next day after the party we only had 2 each. I got it straight but it took a lot of effort. We ended up getting yet another day free because of it all. I had thought all that was fixed but clearly sometimes it still uses the wrong ticket. If you go on and bring your paper ticket all problems like that are avoided

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter