Magic band?

momz

DIS Veteran
We are visiting the world in early March. there are 4 of us. I have only 2 of our magic bands from previous trips. The other two got destroyed...has something to do with a teenager. Anyway, do I understand correctly that magic bands are no included when you book a trip, and we will need to buy them this time?

You are correct that they are not provided free anymore. If you book with Disney, you can still get discounts on them. I think the basic colors with no print cost around five dollars last I checked.

You would not need the magic bands since you could also use your phone or you can get a card at your resort if staying on property.

The positive I see with bands comes from ease of just tapping your band to the scanner. Especially at photo pass areas and ride kiosks.

I am wondering if we can buy them at Disney World for less money than the $30 magic bands on ShopDisney. We just wanted a plain purple one for my son's trip, but cannot find the plain colored bands. I would be willing to wait to link the band to everything if I knew we could buy them at the park itself.

I am wondering if we can buy them at Disney World for less money than the $30 magic bands on ShopDisney. We just wanted a plain purple one for my son's trip, but cannot find the plain colored bands. I would be willing to wait to link the band to everything if I knew we could buy them at the park itself.
This is a photo of the bands available at the Screen Door store on Boardwalk. Looks like the plain ones might be $20, but I’m not sure!! https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-boardwalk-inn-information-questions.3344344/post-63745126 Thanks to BlueSkies!

We just wanted a plain purple one for my son's trip, but cannot find the plain colored bands. I would be willing to wait to link the band to everything if I knew we could buy them at the park itself.
We are in the midst of a global shortage of computer chips that's affecting the supply of all kinds of products that contain computer chips. This ranges from vehicles all the way down to MagicBands. As noted, you can purchase MagicBands at many locations across WDW, but be warned that availability there may also be somewhat limited.

We have 2 guests coming with us that do not have magic bands. However, I have a few old ones I not longer use. Is there any way to just get those reassigned to them?

We have 2 guests coming with us that do not have magic bands. However, I have a few old ones I not longer use. Is there any way to just get those reassigned to them?

unfortunately not. They can’t be transferred to another person.

Any idea how long it normally takes to get the magic band upon ordering online?

Any way to tell if you old ones still work? ours are about 7 years old - assuming they no longer work?
They’ll work indefinitely for Mickey-to-Mickey touch points to enter parks and Lightning Lanes and to open resort room doors. It’s highly unlikely that they’ll work to link photos, such as on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I have some very old bands as well. I read the battery only lasts about two years but thought I'd bring them and maybe they can check at the resort.

I have some very old bands as well. I read the battery only lasts about two years but thought I'd bring them and maybe they can check at the resort.
No way for the resort to tell if the battery is dead. Even with a dead battery, it should still work at the front desk for them to access your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter