Magic Band with Annual Pass and MVMCP

midaroco

PumpkinKing
Hello! I am hoping that someone may be able to assist me in answering my inquiry or providing some guidance. I have an upcoming trip at the end of the month - Nov 30 - Dec 7. We are DVC members and have annual passes that we renewed, but will not pick up until we get to the parks on Nov 30th. Additionally, we have tix to the MVMCP for 3 nights - two nights are will call - we will pick up the tix when we arrive at our resort and the third night are hard tix that I have with me. I've been reading on the boards not to link the party tix to my magic band and am wondering two things:

Will this be an issue for me since I am an annual pass member ?

Will I even have the option to not link the will call tix to the magic band?

Any wisdom that can be shared is greatly appreciated!

Lastly - we are staying at SSR and I'm wondering how this resort is for the holidays and if there are any tips I should be aware of for a couple with no children?

Thanks so much !!!

The warnings about linking party tickets to magic bands only applies to people with daily tickets. The problem being that if you enter the park before the official party start time a day off admission will be used. Since you have annual passes you need not worry about this. We linked our Halloween party passes with no issues.

I don't have any specific recommendations about ssr without kids only to say that we LOVED it. The slide at the paddock pool is very fun.

Thanks so much for the information regarding the bands and the party tix - that definitely cleared things up for me.

Likewise, appreciate the tip about SSR! This is our first time staying at that resort, having stayed at BLT, AKL, and Contemporary prior.

If you have a chance request the grandstands as it is the first stop for going to the parks and is less crowed and you will get on. I always request this ever stay. Close walk to the main building where the restaurants are as well. golf course is around here so quieter as we'll.

I know peoples experiences differ with the magic bands so I want to let you know that we had the opposite experience with magic bands, annual passes and MNSSHP tickets. We could not link our annual passes to our magic bands because our MNSSHP were already linked. This caused us to need to spend an hour at the entrance to the MK trying to get it sorted out. That's not to say they haven't resolved the problem since...but my advice would be to link the annual passes and not the party tickets just in case...good luck!

We had AP at will call and linked them to our Magic Bands. When we got here we purchased MVMCP tickets and they automatically linked to our bands and we had no problem at all. Hope you enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter