Magic band was not ordered:(

HappyFairydust

Earning My Ears
So I’m on my way to WDW and I pre picked new magic bands and then I never had the time to recheck if the order was done (life and 2 small kids - was too busy)

And now I see “no mew magic bands selected for this stay”🤦‍♀️
I called disney and am on their “waitlist” but I guess they can’t accomodate magic bands orders in 1day…

I brought for myself and daughter a magic band from 2016.. are they still hood for checking in and getting the pictures(memory maker and ride pictures)?

or should i just bite the bullet and buy magic bands for double the price at WDW property?

The 2016 bands are still good for anything where you touch Mickey-to-Mickey, such as entering a park or tapping in for an LL or entering your Disney resort room or having the PhotoPass photographer scan when taking photos. They probably will not pick up long distance ride photos such as Seven Dwarfs. However, if you will always ride together in the same ride vehicle, you could buy just one new MB, and it will pick up the long distance photos - if someone rides alone, you could give them the new MB to carry for that ride. Having both an old and a new MB with you won't mess anything up.

The 2016 bands are still good for anything where you touch Mickey-to-Mickey, such as entering a park or tapping in for an LL or entering your Disney resort room or having the PhotoPass photographer scan when taking photos. They probably will not pick up long distance ride photos such as Seven Dwarfs.
Thank you so much for the fast reply! Good to know! Since my husband does not have a magic band (firat time visiting disney) I’ll probably just purchase one.
You mentioned the 7DMT, does Frozen ever after ride pictures also uses the long range bluetooth?

Thank you so much for the fast reply! Good to know! Since my husband does not have a magic band (firat time visiting disney) I’ll probably just purchase one.
You mentioned the 7DMT, does Frozen ever after ride pictures also uses the long range bluetooth?
Yes, I believe it does.

Thank you!! We’ve been on FEA but never were able to get a ride picture so I’ll take your advive and buy a new magic band or activate bluetooth.
Thank you for your reply and a happy new year!!
FYI in June we found that MDE Bluetooth didn't work very well for capturing photos and were glad that DH had a MB with him. Hopefully the Bluetooth functionality has improved since then.

FYI in June we found that MDE Bluetooth didn't work very well for capturing photos and were glad that DH had a MB with him.

oh😦 thank you for telling me this!
i think i’ll just bite the bullet and buy new magic bands for all of us or at least for my daughter and husband since we really want the pictures (paid for memory maker)

Sorry to ask a sort of on-topic question--do we still need magic bands? Hadn't planned on ordering them for our March trip since they are now an added cost but if we need them then I will bite the bullet. TIA.

Sorry to ask a sort of on-topic question--do we still need magic bands? Hadn't planned on ordering them for our March trip since they are now an added cost but if we need them then I will bite the bullet. TIA.
Please read Reply #2 above.
If you have older MBs, bring and use them.
If you have a recent model smart phone, you can use that.
If you want to use WDW plastic tickets for most functions, those are free and available at
all WDW resorts and parks.

Sorry to ask a sort of on-topic question--do we still need magic bands?

My last disney trip was 2016 so a looooong time ago but doing my research, you do not necessarily need a magic band. If you have the WDW app, you can use it to enter the parks, get rider swaps and lightning lane access. If you are staying at WDW resort hotel you can ask the front desk for a card key.

we just opted for a magic band cause with 2 small kidsit’s easier to just scan magic bands on our wrist instead of pulling out our phones.
And i wanted the ride pictures of Frozen Ever After.

My last disney trip was 2016 so a looooong time ago but doing my research, you do not necessarily need a magic band. If you have the WDW app, you can use it to enter the parks, get rider swaps and lightning lane access. If you are staying at WDW resort hotel you can ask the front desk for a card key.

we just opted for a magic band cause with 2 small kidsit’s easier to just scan magic bands on our wrist instead of pulling out our phones.
And i wanted the ride pictures of Frozen Ever After.
Thanks, and apologies again for jumping in with my question!

@GeorgiaHoo

no problem at all!
If you decide to order magic bands and you stay on WDW resort hotels, if you pre-buy them they’re almost 50% the original price - but I‘d double check if your order reeeeaaaaally went through (and not check last minute like me*facepalm*).
Or check the shop disney site because they do have 20% off (right now too!) of some of the bands!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter