Magic Band Validity

Jyoti1

Earning My Ears
We have a upcoming trip in December of this year… the last time we attended was December 2019. Does anyone know how long on average magic bands stay valid/active for? The type of bands we have look like you can unscrew the back and add a new battery (but I haven’t opened it up to look at it yet).
Thanks

I don't think you can replace the battery. Nobody on here has ever mentioned being able to do that.

If you have one from 2019, you could unscrew the "puck" part and put it into a different band. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

People say the battery lasts for 2-3 years for long distance purposes (such as ride photos). For short distance things where you tap something (opening your room door, entering the park), they should still work even if they no longer work for long distance.

We have a upcoming trip in December of this year… the last time we attended was December 2019. Does anyone know how long on average magic bands stay valid/active for?
For any function where you physically have to touch the MagicBand to a reader (like park entry), it should work for as long as Disney supports the technology (basically forever).

The only function that will stop working is the automatic linking of ride photos. This function requires the internal battery which reported will last 2 to 3 years.
The type of bands we have look like you can unscrew the back and add a new battery (but I haven’t opened it up to look at it yet).
You can't replace the battery. The icon (puck) in the center of the MB is removable.

Ok thanks that’s what I am seeing that middle portion is removable. Thank you

Ok thanks that’s what I am seeing that middle portion is removable. Thank you
You can also mix and match colors if you're feeling jazzy.

20210926_100729-jpg.597091

We have a upcoming trip in December of this year… the last time we attended was December 2019. Does anyone know how long on average magic bands stay valid/active for? The type of bands we have look like you can unscrew the back and add a new battery (but I haven’t opened it up to look at it yet).
Thanks
If you’re logged in to MDE look under your profile- click on magic bands - athere should be something saying you have 1 magic band assigned to you - click that and if your magic band is listed as active, you’re all set. I’m sure my wording isn’t precise, but hopefully you can follow the steps. Our last visit was June 2019 & were heading back June this year.

If you’re logged in to MDE look under your profile- click on magic bands - athere should be something saying you have 1 magic band assigned to you - click that and if your magic band is listed as active, you’re all set.

Yes, that's useful to verify but doesn't mean a MB more than a couple years old will work for ride videos and other long-range purposes.

Virtually everything else is short-range and won't present problems as indicated in a prior post. You can still do the essentials like unlock room, room charge, park entry, etc. with an older MB.

Yes, that's useful to verify but doesn't mean a MB more than a couple years old will work for ride videos and other long-range purposes.

Virtually everything else is short-range and won't present problems as indicated in a prior post. You can still do the essentials like unlock room, room charge, park entry, etc. with an older MB.
Yes, as you said, a previous poster explained those points. Given that the person was ready to take his apart seemed to indicate that he had not checked its status in his account .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter