Magic band + shipping

Mine have made it to Anaheim. Apparently they wanted to see Disneyland before they arrive after the stop in Vegas. Lol! But that also means they are about 30 minutes from me. No update to an arrival day but should be this week. have 11 days to get to me.

Yesterday mine moved from Anaheim to Santa Ana (so about halfway between Anaheim and where I live) and updated to deliver on Friday by 9 PM. Walking the entire way would get them here sooner. Was pleased to see that this morning that they are in my city and now showing as out for delivery so should arrive today!

Surprised to find out the economy band that Mrs. wabbott ordered (light navy blue) is NOT rechargeable.

Two MagicBand+ ordered on August 2 via MDE. Departing September 10. Check in on September 17. Order status as of September 6: In Progress. Welp, there's some money down the drain.

Last edited:

I woke to an email this morning, “Your Magic Bands are on the way”, Yay!

It felt like watching water boil, but they have been shipped. I ordered on 7/31 at 10:36 PM. Our check in date is 10/22.

I never got an email that mine shipped, just noticed the charge on my credit card. They've been sitting in York Pa since 9/2. Hopefully they actually start moving toward NJ soon.

I ordered two plain ol magic bands on 8/23/2022 we are leaving Sunday- still shows in progress - oh well do they have any at the resorts? Or do I just ask for a refund at check in I can guarantee you they aren't going to make it to SC in time

So are these new MB+ worth the hassle and cost? I'm thinking of only getting 1 instead of upgrading all 4 of our bands since I've been seeing a lot of reports of issues with pairing, charging, and just a general lack of excitement about the new features. I'm sure all these shipping delays don't exactly help to make a good first impression.

So are these new MB+ worth the hassle and cost? I'm thinking of only getting 1 instead of upgrading all 4 of our bands since I've been seeing a lot of reports of issues with pairing, charging, and just a general lack of excitement about the new features. I'm sure all these shipping delays don't exactly help to make a good first impression.
that is up to you. the price is not that high IMHO specially after I got the resort discount. I am getting mainly because my bands were old. If you don't care about the games, and don't care about collecting disney stuff, don't get it

Surprised to find out the economy band that Mrs. wabbott ordered (light navy blue) is NOT rechargeable.
All previous versions before the new MagicBand+ have never been recharageable.

But they work fine for all touchpoint scanning even if the internal battery dies, which typically happens in 3-5 years. The only functions that will not work when that happens are the long range RFID detection, namely automatic ride photos and effects.

that is up to you. the price is not that high IMHO specially after I got the resort discount. I am getting mainly because my bands were old. If you don't care about the games, and don't care about collecting disney stuff, don't get it
I think the cheapest MB+ is $25, so my dilemma is whether to just update one of our bands or all four ($25 vs $100). Just curious if the new features are worth it for all of us to have a MB+ (to justify the extra $75), or if we can pretty much get mostly the same experience with just one.

I think the cheapest MB+ is $25, so my dilemma is whether to just update one of our bands or all four ($25 vs $100). Just curious if the new features are worth it for all of us to have a MB+ (to justify the extra $75), or if we can pretty much get mostly the same experience with just one.

I don't think the features are really "shareable" in a sense. if you are an adult and don't care about the new features, don't upgrade. Kids usually like the new features, so you might upgrade jus theirs

For those in the Midwest awaiting theirs I ordered our MB+ on 7/28 at around 8:00AM for our spring break trip in early March. I also have a trip 9/18-21 but I ordered regular bands for that trip. Ours arrived today:
MB.jpg

Here is the travel history for those interested:

September 8, 2022, 4:37 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAINT PAUL MN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 7, 2022, 11:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

September 7, 2022, 9:45 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Destination Facility

September 7, 2022
In Transit to Next Facility

September 6, 2022, 8:52 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
SAINT PAUL, MN 55131

September 6, 2022, 2:17 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139
Shipping Partner: OSM WORLDWIDE

September 6, 2022, 9:21 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139

September 3, 2022, 3:45 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL, GA 30168

September 3, 2022, 2:29 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
AUSTELL, GA 30168

September 1, 2022, 5:20 pm
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
DAVENPORT, FL 33897

I ordered about 3 weeks ago..reg not + bands and I got a ship notice last week. My trip is not until December! they used to hold off and ship just before. Obviously they are working through the issues. Order early!

Last edited:
I used my MB+ for the first time during a firework show the other day. It was fun to watch the colors change during the show.

But charging my MB+, keeping its charge, and pairing to my phone have been nothing but a hassle.

I wanted to update the Everything MB thread to include MB+ and have been taking video of it, but my band isn’t cooperating.

My dh and son didn’t get one, so I don’t have any others to play around with.

I used my MB+ for the first time during a firework show the other day. It was fun to watch the colors change during the show.

But charging my MB+, keeping its charge, and pairing to my phone have been nothing but a hassle.

I wanted to update the Everything MB thread to include MB+ and have been taking video of it, but my band isn’t cooperating.

My dh and son didn’t get one, so I don’t have any others to play around with.
Yeah that's the other aspect I don't fully understand quite yet. If they have to be paired to a phone, does that mean my two young kids can't even have one since they don't have their own phones? From an outsider's perspective, sure seems like Disney launched these when the concept was still half-baked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter