Magic band + shipping

Ours showed up today, just in time for us to leave tomorrow. The weird part is that when looked in MDE, it’s showing duplicate bands for each of us, with one set marked as lost…and those are the ones we got today. When I called in about them last week, the CM told me she changed it to “ship to front desk” but now I’m wondering if she didn’t just put in a whole sep order… really weird to say the least. If they are at the front desk as well, I guess we each get a backup band..

Wow! Woke up today to check the status of our MB+ for a 9/10 check-in that is 11 days from now and surprise, surprise... still in progress.:sad1: 1 phone call, 1 online chat and 2 emails that were no help. At this point I've given up hope that they will get here before we leave, so, I guess my first stop upon arrival will be the front desk of our resort to see what kind of resolution they can offer. At least, I will be able to talk to someone face to face. Come on Disney, I believe in the magic. I know you can do better than this.

Wow! Woke up today to check the status of our MB+ for a 9/10 check-in that is 11 days from now and surprise, surprise... still in progress.:sad1: 1 phone call, 1 online chat and 2 emails that were no help. At this point I've given up hope that they will get here before we leave, so, I guess my first stop upon arrival will be the front desk of our resort to see what kind of resolution they can offer. At least, I will be able to talk to someone face to face. Come on Disney, I believe in the magic. I know you can do better than this.

I called and had 5 transfers before being told there wasn't anything they could do. 9/9 arrival, 8 bands ordered. They said they're shipping by resort reservation priority, but seeing people with later visits get theirs already, it seems the system is flawed. (ordered launch day)

Hoping there's a change before Thursday/Friday else I got to call and reroute for resort...

Got the shipping notice today for check in 9/16. Ordered on 7/27. Gives them 2.5 weeks to get all the way across the country to the west coast. Should be able to make it.

I called and had 5 transfers before being told there wasn't anything they could do. 9/9 arrival, 8 bands ordered. They said they're shipping by resort reservation priority, but seeing people with later visits get theirs already, it seems the system is flawed. (ordered launch day)

Hoping there's a change before Thursday/Friday else I got to call and reroute for resort...
I'm still waiting on mine for 9/9 arrival also. Still in-progress. I talked to someone today who said once they have shipped I can call back and have a new set ordered and routed to my resort. I don't know why they can't just do that now?

Got the shipping notice today for check in 9/16. Ordered on 7/27. Gives them 2.5 weeks to get all the way across the country to the west coast. Should be able to make it.

We ordered a plain white and plain blue band on 7/26 (right when went live PST). We live in California *west coast also* and ours finally shipped last Wednesday. They have been on quite the adventure. Started in Davenport, FL (8/24)...then Austell, GA (8/26) and they seemed to have a good time there because they didn't leave until 8/29! ...when they headed to Las Vegas (8/29). Only one night there before arriving in Los Angeles at 12:30 today and then up I5 to Santa Clarita by 2:35.... So maybe they will arrive to my home tomorrow or Thursday (we live in Central Valley of Calif).

I followed the shipping tracking via text and decided to pretend my bands were taking an adventure of their own before getting to me.

Sorry for the long text but based on my tracking you will hopefully get yours!

Email notification of shipping just hit my inbox. I had ordered on 7/27/22 and my credit card was tagged at that time, also. Mrs wabbott ordered a light navy plain band, and I opted for the 50th anniversary "partners" band.

Notification over night says I will be receiving our MB+ by 9:00 PM tonight!

Got notice the ones I ordered for grand kids shipped this morning :yay:
I ordered the morning of July 27 for an Oct. 2 stay.
Now we'll see how long before they arrive ;)

Ordered 7/27 for a trip starting 10/21. Got our shipping notification last night 8/30. Seems like they are making progress.

We ordered a plain white and plain blue band on 7/26 (right when went live PST). We live in California *west coast also* and ours finally shipped last Wednesday. They have been on quite the adventure. Started in Davenport, FL (8/24)...then Austell, GA (8/26) and they seemed to have a good time there because they didn't leave until 8/29! ...when they headed to Las Vegas (8/29). Only one night there before arriving in Los Angeles at 12:30 today and then up I5 to Santa Clarita by 2:35.... So maybe they will arrive to my home tomorrow or Thursday (we live in Central Valley of Calif).

I followed the shipping tracking via text and decided to pretend my bands were taking an adventure of their own before getting to me.

Sorry for the long text but based on my tracking you will hopefully get yours!

Good to know! Mine have made it to Austell GA. Let's see how long they stay there. Mine need to get to OC (Orange County) so other direction from LAX as you. Mine have always taken an adventure in the past, so not surprised if they do this time!

I was notified of a charge to my CC this morning and the bands have shipped. I am two weeks out (arriving September 13), so they should have plenty of time.

Just received my shipping email. Our trip isn't until 11/12. That was a pleasant surprise this morning!

I never got any notification emails at any point, but I was using MDE to monitor the status.
7/27 - Ordered, for a stay booked for 11/1 (has since been moved to 12/1, but the change is recent, so I knew it wouldn't affect the order).
8/24 - Status on the website changed from "In Progress" to "Shipped"
From the tracking info on the USPS website:
8/25 - Picked up by shipping partner, Davenport, FL
8/27 - Arrived Austell, GA, then sent to Cincinnati, OH
8/29 - "Accepted" in Cincinnati, then shipped to Dayton
8/30 - Delivered to my house in suburban Dayton

UGH! Just back. We had a TERRIBLE time with these bands! Simply, THEY DID NOT WORK as they were supposed to work, and we tried everything. Maybe they work with Apple, but they did not work with Android devices.

We wasted over 2+ hours in guest services trying to get them to work with the help of a GS CM. We were told with Android devices they have to be fully charged. In short, that didn't matter. After two hours only one band was fully linked. Later in teh trip, one or two would bands intermittently work and pair properly for a few hours (though not that day), then it would randomly stop working.

The traditional bands features mostly worked, but we took to wearing our old bands PLUS the new ones.

They would sometimes light up randomly. They would sometimes work to make the statues sing. But then after we collected a bunch of statues, all the ones we collected would disappear after a day or two. Some of the statues did not work. We got Pinocchio to sing, but we could not collect credit for him.

We tried everything, and since we were told bands had to be fully charged- of course we lost time trying to pair them early in the MORNING while ALSO trying to get G+, get ready, eat breakfast, and get to the parks.

On top of THAT the bands kept popping off our wrists- like no bands ever did before. To charge them you have to take them off frequently, but even right from day 1, they just would not stay clipped. Prior bands sometimes popped off, but not nearly as often as these do. So we were constantly worried we were going to lose them for good.

On top of THAT, prior bands we put on at start of visit and took of on last day. These you have to remember to babysit. The nightstands were a mess of cables every night with our phones, M+ bands, and now powerbanks to recharge. On prior trips, I maybe used a power bank once or twice. On this trip, we needed them every day.

So we talked to CM's a second time, and the second visit was worse than the first. The CM kept giving us canned responses like, "Did you try turning it off and back on?" UGH! This, after we told him we'd already spent 2 hours trying everything with a CM at GS. We weren't willing to lose another 2 hours, but neither did WDW offer to replace them or anything even though they appear to be completely defective.

I would not buy these again. Buyer beware!

Aw, man. I came to this thread to excitedly celebrate that my bands are arriving TODAY! But this makes me genuinely worried and disappointed. I've already been kicking myself for spending more money on these than just getting regular Magic Bands. I have no regular Magic Bands so nothing as backup. :sad1: I wonder if I should order some and spend even more money.

It's super disappointing that they didn't offer to replace them. I would try CS again over the phone and see if they will. Hopefully you just got bad ones, but that sounds really wrong and not just randomly defective.

Saw a pending charge on my CC this morning and went in to check MDE. Mine are labeled shipped and have a tracking number as of today. Surprised that mine are being shipped out for a January 20th arrival date, but I'm glad I don't have to wait much longer. Does anyone know if you can get everything pre-synced with MDE and your Android device BEFORE you go? I'd like to set it up in advance so that I don't have to worry about it when we get there based on other's negative experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter