Magic Band Shipment

Barney Fife

Mouseketeer
We got our Magic Band shipment email last Saturday. I still haven't seen them so I decided to look further into the email and I got the tracking number. USPS Parcel Post shipment.

The bands are traveling from Memphis, Tn. to Garner, NC. A typical two day shipment time.

November 10: Leaving Memphis
November 14: Arrive Bensenville, Ill. :rolleyes1
November 15: Leaving Bensenville, Ill.
November 16: Arrive York, Pa. :sad2:
November 16 afternoon: Arrive Harrisburg, Pa.
November 16: at 11:08pm: Leaving Harrisburg, Pa.

As far as I know, they're on their way here. Or they may show up in Oregon next week. Has anyone had any similar experience with Magic Bands. I just wonder if the way they are shipping them, do they go through a totally different method to save costs or is this just one bumble after another by the USPS.

Reactions: TAK
USPS parcel post is the slowest method possible. They wait until the truck is full before they leave where they are at. My magic bands stayed stuck in PA for a week this past August. However the shipping tracking never updated when they finally left PA until they were delivered. The funny part was that they shipped my sisters bands UPS 2 day. So she got hers in 2 days and I got mine after about a week and a half for the same trip dates. They will eventually show up, be patient (I know it's hard!).

It looks like our Magic Bands shipped the same day, but yours are making better progress on their sightseeing tour than mine are. Ours are traveling from Memphis to East Tennessee:

November 10 - Leaving Memphis, TN
November 13 - Arrive Bensenville, IL
November 14 - Depart Bensenville, IL

From my past experiences, this is completely normal. It always seems like they just sort of appear one day.

:rolleyes:

Oh well. Thanks for the replies. I'm totally fine with it if this is normal. I was just wondering if I needed to call Disney soon. To me, it appeared the label must have gotten messed up and they were trying to figure out where they go. Hopefully the next tracking number scan shows up somewhere between here and Pa. :snail:

I think there are some issues with that Memphis distribution center. Mail normally takes a day to get to me in Northeast MS from Memphis, two days tops.

Mine finished out like this:

Nov 4 - Memphis, TN
Nov 7 - Bensenville, IL
Nov 10 - Memphis, TN
Nov 12 - Delivery

So 8 days, or 7 active mailing days to travel what should have only been 100 miles and 2 days at most.

I feel you, my friend! My bands shipped around the same time as yours and no sight of them. But I take a lot of trips, so I'm more than used to Disney's snail mail. Hoping you get them soon :)

Totally normal. Mine go from Memphis to the Atlanta area and they sure do take some strange routes to get here, but they usually do arrive within 7-10 days.

We got our Magic Band shipment email last Saturday. I still haven't seen them so I decided to look further into the email and I got the tracking number. USPS Parcel Post shipment.

The bands are traveling from Memphis, Tn. to Garner, NC. A typical two day shipment time.

November 10: Leaving Memphis
November 14: Arrive Bensenville, Ill. :rolleyes1
November 15: Leaving Bensenville, Ill.
November 16: Arrive York, Pa. :sad2:
November 16 afternoon: Arrive Harrisburg, Pa.
November 16: at 11:08pm: Leaving Harrisburg, Pa.

As far as I know, they're on their way here. Or they may show up in Oregon next week. Has anyone had any similar experience with Magic Bands. I just wonder if the way they are shipping them, do they go through a totally different method to save costs or is this just one bumble after another by the USPS.
Not with magic bands but I had a package shipped PRIORITY and it went to Memphis ( I live in middle TN, 5 hrs from Memphis)-- sat there for days with no movement. I called USPS with tracking # bc it was items I needed to make a large shirt order. They found package and released it, so I thought I should get by next day......nope. From Memphis went to Cincinatti......then to Wisconsin.....then to FL......and finally to me a week later. (So I got package about 2 weeks after it shipped out.) I could've driven to Memphis and picked it up faster than that lol

Ours also took the Memphis to Bensenville (near Chicago) route on the way to St. Louis. I was wondering why they would go right past St. Louis to Chicago and then back, but it looks like that's the norm.

Unfortunately the USPS is awful!! Even when you have tracking on a package and request quicker service they still screw it up. We mailed our DVC resale payment and the other party received it yet days later the tracking info was still saying it was in transit. Just ordered something from Amazon and it was shipped USPS -- item never arrived even the tracking info couldn't find the package (thankfully got a refund). So moral of the story is if you don't receive them in the time frame noted then you will have to do some investigating or call disney to track them down.

This was my recent shipment!
November 14, 2016 ,
10:14 am

Out for Delivery

EAST ROCKAWAY,
NY 11518
November 14, 2016 ,
8:44 am
Sorting Complete

EAST ROCKAWAY,
NY 11518
November 14, 2016 ,
7:17 am

Arrived at Post Office
EAST ROCKAWAY,
NY 11518

November 13, 2016 ,
5:44 am
Departed USPS Facility
WESTERN NASSAU,
NY

November 12, 2016 ,
2:37 pm
Departed USPS Facility
FLUSHING,
NY 11351

November 12, 2016 ,
10:08 am
Departed USPS Facility
BROOKLYN,
NY 11256

November 11, 2016 ,
3:40 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
BROOKLYN,
NY 11256

November 9, 2016 ,
3:49 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HARRISBURG,
PA 17107

November 9, 2016 ,
7:32 am
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
YORK,
PA 17402

November 8, 2016 ,
9:14 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
BENSENVILLE,
IL 60106

MEMPHIS,
TN 38118

ONE STOP MAILING

A group of us who are going the week after Thanksgiving noticed the same problem. Some of us had our MagicBands ship from FL and they arrived very quickly (I was one of those, phew!). Others had theirs ship from Memphis and I'm pretty sure every single one of those packages took the scenic route to its destination and took significantly longer to get there in the process. I do believe Memphis is the problem, or at least something along that route.

Am I sick in the head that I'm enjoying this illogical, completely crazy shipping? The cities they're going to make no sense. And somehow it's so wrong that I love it.

I've actually got 2 MB shipments on the way right now. The first one arrived in Illinois today. I live near Seattle, so I'm really interested to see how much of the country my MBs get to visit before they make it to me.

Well. Our magic bands finally arrived the other day safe and sound. Not the most direct route from Tn. to NC but they did get here. I think we're all set for December 9!

Am I sick in the head that I'm enjoying this illogical, completely crazy shipping? The cities they're going to make no sense. And somehow it's so wrong that I love it.

I've actually got 2 MB shipments on the way right now. The first one arrived in Illinois today. I live near Seattle, so I'm really interested to see how much of the country my MBs get to visit before they make it to me.

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious if you remember...after they reached Illinois how long did they take to reach you? I'm hoping they didn't take some crazy, loopy path through USPS hubs before they reached you? Just researching similar experiences to mine, as my bands left FL, traveled to IL, and I'm in LA. It's taken them a week to reach IL from FL.

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious if you remember...after they reached Illinois how long did they take to reach you? I'm hoping they didn't take some crazy, loopy path through USPS hubs before they reached you? Just researching similar experiences to mine, as my bands left FL, traveled to IL, and I'm in LA. It's taken them a week to reach IL from FL.
my MB left Fl and is now in IL so the funny thing is I live in FL. I expect to have my MB around Monday just going off the fact that I go to Disney a lot.

Reactions: TAK
my MB left Fl and is now in IL so the funny thing is I live in FL. I expect to have my MB around Monday just going off the fact that I go to Disney a lot.

I consistently try to talk my husband into moving to FL so we can be closer and visit WDW more often! So far, he's not going for it!:confused3

I too am expecting around Monday. Our last two sets of bands were quicker, but I'm seeing many reports of longer shipping times courtesy of OSM (shipping partner), parcel post shipping practices, and the spread out USPS hubs. I'm just eager, but was trying to pinpoint a day-days they might get here.

For our Thanksgiving 2016 trip our MB story goes like this. It was routed all the way to our hometown (Baton Rouge)and was out for delivery. After getting off from work that day I couldn't wait to get home and open my box of new MBs!!! No box. Next day no box. I checked the USPS tracking and for some reason the package had been sent back. I had to call Disney to see what do to do. They recommended that they send the MBs to our WDW resort. This sucked because I had to wait in line to get them and there were no baggage tags. Sort of killed the intent of online check in.

Bensenville, IL is basically around the corner from us, not a particularly large post office that I know of. But, it's right next to O'Hare airport.
I got the notification that ours shipped last night from FL. Wonder what route they will take?

We live in GA. Ours now go from FL to IL to ATL to Macon GA to our local PO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter