Magic Band Question

Elle23

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW soon. I went to the list of my existing magic bands and there were a few that are active and a few that are not active.

Do I need to deactivate all but one magic band for each of us? I guess I’m not sure if having more than one of them active will confuse the system.

Thanks!

We are headed to WDW soon. I went to the list of my existing magic bands and there were a few that are active and a few that are not active.

Do I need to deactivate all but one magic band for each of us? I guess I’m not sure if having more than one of them active will confuse the system.

Thanks!
No, you can keep your bands active. I have about 15 and haven’t had trouble (so far).

No, you can keep your bands active. I have about 15 and haven’t had trouble (so far).

Yup, they are all interchangeable. I have heard the system can get overwhelmed if you have a LOT of active ticket media, but I think that takes a while. When they were giving out MBs with every resort stay, some of those hardcore visitors ended up with a bunch of them.

I have had some trouble at BCV when all my bands and cards were active. I had to go through and deactivate all the bands and cards I was not using on that trip. Mind you, BCV was the only resort where I had door access issues. YMMV.

I have had some trouble at BCV when all my bands and cards were active. I had to go through and deactivate all the bands and cards I was not using on that trip. Mind you, BCV was the only resort where I had door access issues. YMMV.

BC is notorious for this, as is YC. Resorts have the option of restricting access to only one band at a time. Generally, only YC/BC do this, and its related to SAB. The resort doesn't allow guests to give old bands to friends and family (and hence access to SAB) who are not staying there. In this case, it's not a glitch - it's an operational choice.

Steve

Sorry to piggy back off of this thread, but what are the alternatives to using Magic Bands? I know about the apple phone capabilities, but my husband is a droid user. Considering he doesn't really care about the fun magic bands we could buy him, I was wondering if they still send us hard cards that we could use to get into the parks, and as a fast pass swiper if that capability comes back.

Sorry to piggy back off of this thread, but what are the alternatives to using Magic Bands? I know about the apple phone capabilities, but my husband is a droid user. Considering he doesn't really care about the fun magic bands we could buy him, I was wondering if they still send us hard cards that we could use to get into the parks, and as a fast pass swiper if that capability comes back.

They will not send you cards, but you can get a card when you enter the park.

We have about 6 each. How can I tell which are working (have batteries that aren't dead)?

Is there a way to check the battery on a band before you go?
Nope.
And, really, there's no way to be sure, at WDW.
You just have to try and see if your Photos/Videos show up in your MDX.
(If they don't, it'll be too late for those you missed.)
Sorry.

I logged into the WDW website and went to tickets. You get the option of using old band or purchasing new ones.

So how do you get the bands for $5? I see them starting at $15 online...we are staying on site.

Many thanks!

From the MDE app, hit the 3 bars (bottom righthand corner), scroll down and click on My Profile, click on Magic Bands and Cards. You should see a button there that will guide you through the process of ordering them.

Steve

If you have a magic band that is less than 2 years old, I would take those. After 2 years, the battery that is used for on ride photos has generally worn out. The RFID for park entry, payment for purchases will still work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter