Magic band plus question

emmakatbaby

Proudmomof3
Question about pairing the magic band plus. We have a party of 4. 3 of us have a regular magic band. My daughters boyfriend has a magic band plus. Should it be paired with my MDE account and his phone ?

I'm a little confused on what you're asking ... who "owns" his MDE profile? In order for any magic band to work for park entry, lightning lane, etc. it needs to be paired to that person's MDE profile. Which is essentially pairing it to that person's phone, if they are logged into their MDE account. They then would be able to go to the app and change the light up theme, settings, etc.

It is just a light up MB, he can use it just like a regular MB to get into the parks, etc. Just needs to be added to his MDE account and/or you need to make sure he is on your friends and family list with that MB. Now, if he wants the light up features, interaction with the statues, etc. He needs to make sure the battery is charged then pair it to his phone. He will need to charge that battery nightly for the "cool" stuff but it will work like an old MB without the battery working.

Question about pairing the magic band plus. We have a party of 4. 3 of us have a regular magic band. My daughters boyfriend has a magic band plus. Should it be paired with my MDE account and his phone ?
If you manage his account, he might want to link it out to his email address and have MDE on his own phone. It’s pretty easy to do.

It is just a light up MB, he can use it just like a regular MB to get into the parks, etc. Just needs to be added to his MDE account and/or you need to make sure he is on your friends and family list with that MB. Now, if he wants the light up features, interaction with the statues, etc. He needs to make sure the battery is charged then pair it to his phone. He will need to charge that battery nightly for the "cool" stuff but it will work like an old MB without the battery working.

So I'm considering a MB+ purchase for our trip in May. My son is only 8 and doesn't have a phone. In the past, his regular MB worked because he was managed on my phone as part of our group. For MB+ interactions to work, does he have to be paired to his own device or, can my phone be paired to both his and mine?

So I'm considering a MB+ purchase for our trip in May. My son is only 8 and doesn't have a phone. In the past, his regular MB worked because he was managed on my phone as part of our group. For MB+ interactions to work, does he have to be paired to his own device or, can my phone be paired to both his and mine?
Not 100% sure but I think you can pair it to yours if he is on your friends and family list. I've seen some children using them and it didn't look like they had their own phones. I'm not even sure what the interactions will be at that time. The statues were supposed to be for the 50th, I'm sure the Star Wars game will still be there and it will vibrate and light up when you scan it in and during FWs. Personally, I only bought one because I wanted the style on the band. I did play with the statues but otherwise, it was just a regular MB for me.

I paired my daughter's MB+ with mine. She only got an MB+ because she really wanted the Orange Bird one because "he's super cute"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter