Magic band plus- confirmed news from Disney.

I'm still undecided about MB+ at DLR. With the new 'Magic Mobile' (the smart watch thingy) there's nothing the MB+ would do (for me) at DLR that Magic Mobile wouldn't enable my Apple Watch to do. The DL version doesn't open doors nor allow you to scan your band to pay. I don't care about games or flashing lights during shows. So for me it's all about scanning in at the turnstiles and at the LL scanners.

My understanding is that the DL app, Magic Mobile, and my Apple watch will be all that I need at DL.

I'll be purchasing an MB+ (with the resort discount) for our WDW trip, but that's not until next Fall and I want to wait to see what designs are available closer to our trip. Not going to buy one now! I know WDW has Magic Mobile, too, but the MB+ has much more functionality at WDW. Once I have my WDW trip MB+, I'll probably use it at DL in the future.
Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing them announce that MagicMobile was coming to DLR/the Disneyland app. I've only seen announcements about MB+

Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing them announce that MagicMobile was coming to DLR/the Disneyland app. I've only seen announcements about MB+

You know, you may be right! I guess I just assumed it'd be part of the rollout of MB+ at DL since they'll be updating the DL app to make it MB+ 'compatible'.

So they will begin use on 10/19? If you bought one now, you could technically use it on October 19th? Or are you just able to purchase them beginning next week?

So they will begin use on 10/19? If you bought one now, you could technically use it on October 19th? Or are you just able to purchase them beginning next week?
No, launch date is 10/26. 10/19 is when they will begin selling them at DLR locations.

It is killing me that the MBs don't allow access to rooms and spending. I want one so bad but just can't justify it until they add that. I wonder how soon they'll add that.

This is really a head scratcher, honestly. The room doors already have the Bluetooth technology to open them with the app. How come the MB+ won't work? Makes no sense.

The tap to pay makes sense since the MB doesn't point to an account, but rather a ticket. They could still find a way to implement it, though. I suspect it will come for resort guests if anything.

Since they generally haven't put the Magic Key MB+ design in the direct social media posts:

mkmb.png

(I have to admit I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the first round of DLR MB+ designs.)

I am not going to lie-this was severely needed at DLR in my august/sept trip. While we really didn't use Genie plus or even DAS (if you read my trip report you know we probably should have applied for DAS), having to use my phone was chaotic for this. So this is a plus

I'm still undecided about MB+ at DLR. With the new 'Magic Mobile' (the smart watch thingy) there's nothing the MB+ would do (for me) at DLR that Magic Mobile wouldn't enable my Apple Watch to do. The DL version doesn't open doors nor allow you to scan your band to pay. I don't care about games or flashing lights during shows. So for me it's all about scanning in at the turnstiles and at the LL scanners.

My understanding is that the DL app, Magic Mobile, and my Apple watch will be all that I need at DL.

I'll be purchasing an MB+ (with the resort discount) for our WDW trip, but that's not until next Fall and I want to wait to see what designs are available closer to our trip. Not going to buy one now! I know WDW has Magic Mobile, too, but the MB+ has much more functionality at WDW. Once I have my WDW trip MB+, I'll probably use it at DL in the future.
Wait wait wait.

You can use an Apple watch as a magic band?! So like for photo pass, etc??
This is like the Droid app I just learned about, why doesn’t Disney advertise this?

Wait wait wait.

This is like the Droid app I just learned about, why doesn’t Disney advertise this?
No - they were mistaken - MagicMobile is a WDW feature.

If you use DLR's PhotoPass photographers a lot, you can theoretically screenshot your PhotoPass Code out of the app and set it as the background on your Apple Watch for them to scan, but that's (currently) about all you can do with an Apple Watch at DLR.

Wait wait wait.

If you're basing this off my post, sorry, looks like I jumped the gun. Mobile Magic for smart watches is available at WDW and I just assumed it would be part of the DL MB+ rollout. My bad.

But it does sound pretty cool:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-mobile/

so, just following along to see if it's worth purchasing for our upcoming trip in early December. I was reading about how to setup the band. Step 1 and 2, easy. Step 3, it say "follow the instructions in the app to link the MagicBand+ to your Disney account, assign to your ticket or pass and pair it to yoru smartphone". No explanation of the difference between the 3 options. Does anyone know what that might be?

so, just following along to see if it's worth purchasing for our upcoming trip in early December. I was reading about how to setup the band. Step 1 and 2, easy. Step 3, it say "follow the instructions in the app to link the MagicBand+ to your Disney account, assign to your ticket or pass and pair it to yoru smartphone". No explanation of the difference between the 3 options. Does anyone know what that might be?

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter