• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Band issues

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
My friend is at Disney and every time they use their bands it’s a trip to guest services. It’s been two days and she’s about to lose her mind. Anyone know if there’s some glitch going on or is she just unlucky?

Well, if she can actually GET to Guest Relations, then it must be HER party's MBs that are the problem.
If it was a totally widespread MB glitch, in general, Guest Relations would be overrun and unapproachable.

Ha ha, true! It’s just their second full day and they will not work.

How many MBs does she have in her account? We had issues with MBs - one of us would not be able to open doors, etc. Problem got fixed after I called IT and had them delete all but 4 MBs. She may have to call IT and have them delete (not just make inactive, but delete) all but the ones from the last couple of years.

Sorry to say, they are just having a run of bad luck. So it's everyone in the party with any and all bands they have? I've found personally that some bands just have a harder time working than others. But my issues are always related to the door and never tickets or FP.
Just fyi, your Resort concierge can also remove MagicBands from your MDX account.
The best thing to do in this case, or easiest at least, go in and deactivate all the bands you don't want to use and then tell them to remove those. So much easier than any other way. I've had great success with it

My son had this happen. They cycled him through three new magic bands and each one failed to work (each with a 45 minute trip to guest relations). Guest Relations couldn't identify the problem--some sort of issue with his MDE account. They could see his park ticket, but somehow the part ticket was refusing to link up with any magic band. It did work with a ticket card, but we really wanted the magic band to work as we had paid for a custom one with his favorite character that he was really excited about.

Technology is great until it isn't. Sorry for your friend--that is super frustrating.

Sounds like it's their bands. We've only had problems once and it was at the resort and it was my own fault. It was a last minute trip that I had booked under 60 days and changed the resort 3 times ( I know - usually I'm not like that but we upgraded from Value to Moderate and then I got a bonus so we splurged on a Deluxe ). We couldn't get into the room and when I spoke to the manager who helped me rebook my band I asked if that was why and she said most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter