? magic band / genie plus when adding additional guests to existing room while at Disney

msec

Mouseketeer
Good Morning!!

I need so help with rooms and magicband and genie plus/lighting lane - not sure what is the best plan... We are heading down in the fall and have 2 rooms booked:

Romm 1 - Yacht Club - Club level Suite - 4 Adults - (Sister, Brother In-law, My Dad and Niece)

Room 2 - Boardwalk - 2 Adults (Me and My Daughter) - we are staying here as we got a good discount on room and can't afford club level anyway :rolleyes:

We are all checking in on Thursday but on Sunday AM - 3 of us (Me, Sister, and Brother in-law) are heading to Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise and 3 of us (daughter, Niece and my dad (their grandpa) are staying at Disney for another night and heading home on Monday.

The 3 remaining at Disney will need a room for Sunday night. They will need to checkout of club level at Yacht Club as none of the remaining 3 want to spend that much for the 1 night (it's a suite so it's a lot of $$ for the 1 additional night).

Option 1 - I can add a night onto my reservation and just have my Dad and Niece move to the Boardwalk Sunday AM and then I can go down to the front desk that AM and add them to my room for that 1 night and pay the additional adult fees. I don't think I want to add them starting on Thursday night because they are staying in my sister's room starting Thursday night and I do not think they can be listed in 2 seperate rooms at the same time - I would think it would mess up their magic bands/genie plus etc????

Option 2 - they just book new room reservation for just the 3 of them (at a Disney resort) and then I don't have to worry about adding people to an existing reservation Sunday AM,,

My question is - if I do option 1 - will their magic bands / genie plus info automatically update to Boardwalk when I add them Sunday morning ?? I don't have much faith in Disney IT so this makes me a little nervous...

Is there anything else I am not thinking of that would make one option be better than the other?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Michele

Good Morning!!

I need so help with rooms and magicband and genie plus/lighting lane - not sure what is the best plan... We are heading down in the fall and have 2 rooms booked:

Romm 1 - Yacht Club - Club level Suite - 4 Adults - (Sister, Brother In-law, My Dad and Niece)

Room 2 - Boardwalk - 2 Adults (Me and My Daughter) - we are staying here as we got a good discount on room and can't afford club level anyway :rolleyes:

We are all checking in on Thursday but on Sunday AM - 3 of us (Me, Sister, and Brother in-law) are heading to Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise and 3 of us (daughter, Niece and my dad (their grandpa) are staying at Disney for another night and heading home on Monday.

The 3 remaining at Disney will need a room for Sunday night. They will need to checkout of club level at Yacht Club as none of the remaining 3 want to spend that much for the 1 night (it's a suite so it's a lot of $$ for the 1 additional night).

Option 1 - I can add a night onto my reservation and just have my Dad and Niece move to the Boardwalk Sunday AM and then I can go down to the front desk that AM and add them to my room for that 1 night and pay the additional adult fees. I don't think I want to add them starting on Thursday night because they are staying in my sister's room starting Thursday night and I do not think they can be listed in 2 seperate rooms at the same time - I would think it would mess up their magic bands/genie plus etc????

Option 2 - they just book new room reservation for just the 3 of them (at a Disney resort) and then I don't have to worry about adding people to an existing reservation Sunday AM,,

My question is - if I do option 1 - will their magic bands / genie plus info automatically update to Boardwalk when I add them Sunday morning ?? I don't have much faith in Disney IT so this makes me a little nervous...

Is there anything else I am not thinking of that would make one option be better than the other?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Michele
I’d go with option 2. It’s just you need to buy genie early so you would have to get up early and run down to do the name add ons. Who wants to do that?

It’s fine for them to move because they will still have lounge access ALL DAY even if moved to a non cl room. They may be able to get a late check out as well.

It will be less stressful for you and with Lounge access it will be ok if they have to wait for a room.

I would do option 2 as well and, if it's in the budget and there is availability, I would try to book a regular room at YC. That way everyone can just store their luggage with YC bell services until the new room is ready (your daughter could have her luggage transferred or simply lyft/uber or even walk over if she doesn't have a lot of stuff). And as PP noted, they can use the CL lounge all day. It will be so much easier than completely switching resorts.

Thank you both for your replies - I did not realize that my Dad and Niece would have all day access to the CL Lounge - I never stay Concierge so I had no idea :)

I will take your advice and go with Option 2 - I'll recommend they try and get a room at YC - that looks like it will be the easiest option for my Dad especially :)

Have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter