Magic band + falling off?

chrizzymac

Earning My Ears
Will be using the magic band + for the first time on the next trip. And watching an ear Scouts video it was mentioned they may fall off easier than the regular magic bands. I can’t seem to find the link he mentions about purchasing something to help them stay on. Has this really been an issue for a lot of people?

That is definitely not our experience at all. We haven't noticed any difference among any of the three generations of MB. They are all susceptible to coming loose if the end of the strap catches on something etc. But for us MB+ has been just the same as the other two generations that came before it.

I had let my daughter know about silicon bands that are sold at a number of places that act as 'sleeves' of sorts to hold the band on in case the connection comes loose. She hadn't thought about it, but was VERY happy she got some as their magic bands came loose more than once on their trip to Disneyland a couple weeks ago.

Her husband's in particular kept opening up, and by the last day even the silicon band didn't help and he lost it. Fortunately it was their last day - she removed the band from their account to prevent unauthorized use and they finished their trip without it.

I will say she was surprised to hear from Disney that they had the band (either found by a castmember or turned in) and they were shipping it back to her.

I purchased some additional “loops” on Amazon to use with ours. Basically like the extra piece on a watch or belt that you use to secure the excess. We have the basic MB and mine comes undone occasionally, but my kids are worse about theirs. I found them helpful especially for the kids.

Thank you. He mentions they are a little stiffer and people have had them pop off on rides!

I purchased some additional “loops” on Amazon to use with ours. Basically like the extra piece on a watch or belt that you use to secure the excess. We have the basic MB and mine comes undone occasionally, but my kids are worse about theirs. I found them helpful especially for the kids.
Ok I think that’s what we was referencing to purchase in the video as a precaution.

I had let my daughter know about silicon bands that are sold at a number of places that act as 'sleeves' of sorts to hold the band on in case the connection comes loose. She hadn't thought about it, but was VERY happy she got some as their magic bands came loose more than once on their trip to Disneyland a couple weeks ago.

Her husband's in particular kept opening up, and by the last day even the silicon band didn't help and he lost it. Fortunately it was their last day - she removed the band from their account to prevent unauthorized use and they finished their trip without it.

I will say she was surprised to hear from Disney that they had the band (either found by a castmember or turned in) and they were shipping it back to her.
Seems like luck of the draw based on your response and others. Seems like silicon bands are the way to go.

Thank you. He mentions they are a little stiffer and people have had them pop off on rides!
Lol. That is the exact opposite. I just went and compared all three generations of MagicBands and each generation is less stiff than the previous one. There is a significant and noticeable difference. So the current MB+ is much more supple and curves to your wrist better. Now, the tap part is bigger, so if you have a smaller wrist (or a child), then it won't hug the wrist as tightly. But still, we haven't had any persistent issues.

I have all the generations of magic bands and can't tell the difference as far as any staying on or coming off. I've had one come off occasionally if I didn't pop it in as tight as possible, but haven't noticed a difference in the new one as opposed to the older ones.

Will be using the magic band + for the first time on the next trip. And watching an ear Scouts video it was mentioned they may fall off easier than the regular magic bands. I can’t seem to find the link he mentions about purchasing something to help them stay on. Has this really been an issue for a lot of people?
We have 1 magicband+ and yes it fell off a few times where our regular ones almost never do. Having said that it's not all the time and we never lost it but it doesn't fit as well as the others.

Our youngest daughter lost hers within minutes of our first park day. We bought the little plastic, loopy protectors from Amazon, and those solved the problem. They're super inexpensive and definitely worth the peace of mind.

My MB+ opened several times during my January trip. It came off somewhere in the Emporium. I had to immediately disconnect it for fear of someone having a shopping spree.

I reported it missing and received a voucher for a replacement. It never turned up.

My Magic Band+ kept falling off. I lost it the first night, but luckily I noticed it right away and someone turned it in. After that I was hyper aware of it every time it came undone. My husband's fell off a bunch, and my kid lost his in the pool, but we found it.

We found 3 Magic Bands (not +) on the ground that we turned into cast members. Funnily enough every time it was a pink glitter one.

We had some stiff new MB2s one trip. After 1 popped off and got lost (and found actually) we started storing them closed on the tightest latch so it was in a small circle. Helped a bit on that trip and a lot by the time the next trip rolled around.

We bought a magic band + at the rollout for our daughter. Hers fell off multiple times and our friends daughter lost hers without noticing at all. Luckily I was trailing behind and put it in my pocket.

I am still using old villains mb and will continue to do so. We were early in the game but I didn't find the features of the plus worth an upgrade. The tiny hair bands is a great idea! We will try that on hers next trip.

I've had them pop open multiple times. Once on Expedition Everest and it almost went flying but I was lucky enough to catch it. Another time it fell off at a breakfast buffet. I realized when I left the restaurant and went back and got it later. My neice also lost hers last year. I now always wear one of those little rubber circles...I have the AP one and an older DVC one, and I bought an extra packet on Amazon for everyone else.

I bought the Food & Wine limited edition one in October last year and had it snap open and fall off a couple times on a couple of rides and nearly ended up losing it completely getting on the moving walkway on The Little Mermaid ride at MK. Never had that happen with any of my older ones so I was hyper aware of making sure it was still fastened properly throughout the day because it came off getting on Slinky Dog one time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter