Magic Band Expiration

3SpoiledPrincesses

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW for Spring Break. I have 3 UNOPENED magic bands that were bought online at the Disney Store in December of 2016. What are the chances that they will still work? We always stay at SOG so we will not receive magic bands. We are a family of 5. I need to order 2 more before our trip. I'm trying to decide if I should order 2 more or just go ahead and order 5. DH and I would use the new ones and the kids would use the 3 that I have. Thoughts?

We are going to WDW for Spring Break. I have 3 UNOPENED magic bands that were bought online at the Disney Store in December of 2016. What are the chances that they will still work? We always stay at SOG so we will not receive magic bands. We are a family of 5. I need to order 2 more before our trip. I'm trying to decide if I should order 2 more or just go ahead and order 5. DH and I would use the new ones and the kids would use the 3 that I have. Thoughts?
The old MBs will work for park entrance and FP lines.

As long as a person with a new MB is always in the ride vehicles with the rest of the group, ride photos and videos will link up to your MDX account.

Thanks for responding!! I knew that the bands would still work inside the parks as long as the batteries are still good. Do you think the batteries are still good in them? I was thinking that its worth a try. If the batteries don't work, we can always buy the bands inside the park (our first park is Epcot).

The battery in the band is expected to last for about two year, but that is only used for long-range features like automatically linking ride photos. Any contact-based use will work indefinitely because it does not require power.

We just used our 2016 bands over NYE week and they worked fine for rides, FP and for ride photos where you tapped for the picture - the only thing that didn't work were the auto ride photos or the ones where they capture videos. It was a bummer but we kinda knew going into it that would most likely be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter