• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to scan at turnstiles, rides, room access etc i can't see a lanyard working as you would constantly need to keep putting it on/taking it off. :(

We arrive the 2nd and I think we will get the old ones, which is fine with me although I have about 20 of them

We arrive on 2/5. I am sure we will get the new ones. I am worried about the size but I have a few old ones so I can always use though if it's too big.

If you have to scan at turnstiles, rides, room access etc i can't see a lanyard working as you would constantly need to keep putting it on/taking it off. :(

Ya that's true I guess there would be pro and cons for both
The icon/puck will fit in a lanyard pouch or it can be placed in a fob that attaches to the lanyard.

You don't have to remove your lanyard, you just have to lift the puck to the touchpoint at the park entrance, FP line, or the door mechanism.

If you're tall perhaps. We just got back from Uni and had express pass in our lanyards which worked great (although there the TMs have handheld readers). With the height of the touch points at Disney, I would think for most adults it's going to be a small bend to touch it.

The icon/puck will fit in a lanyard pouch or it can be placed in a fob that attaches to the lanyard.

You don't have to remove your lanyard, you just have to lift the puck to the touchpoint at the park entrance, FP line, or the door mechanism.
Ya that's what I am prob going to do we will see I thought about wearing the old one on a lanyard as will but was afraid it might fall off

Wow. They're really big. On me watches would always end up turning in because I have a skinny arm with a bony wrist. Drives me nuts. At least with the bands they had first the weight distribution was fairly even so they kept in place pretty well.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have "skins" in my Etsy cart waiting to be ordered. How will we know which ones we will be getting We arrive 1/19
We are going in March and I was going to order skins as stocking stuffers but I can't find any 2.0 designs on etsy yet :(

We are going in March and I was going to order skins as stocking stuffers but I can't find any 2.0 designs on etsy yet :(
I doubt the majority of Etsy sellers have access to the new ones yet. I bet we'll see more of that in January or so once people start getting them in the mail for resort stays.

We arrive January 1, and our Magic Bands came in the mail today :yay: They are the old style, which I am very happy about since we had already gotten skins for them!

I feel like they look uncomfortable because you just get the weird feeling of the big puck in the middle, but I didn't use it yet so let's see how it is once it's available!

I like them! At the very least, it's different (we already have far too many of the old style). I've heard somewhere (Disunplugged, maybe?) that they're thinner as well, which would be a welcomed change.

I like them! At the very least, it's different (we already have far too many of the old style). I've heard somewhere (Disunplugged, maybe?) that they're thinner as well, which would be a welcomed change.

They are thinner (half the thickness and the center isn't hard molded so it conforms to your wrist better). You can't tell from the below picture but you can lay them down almost flat.

picture is all 3 generations of MB. First clunky one (limited edition haunted mansion band), middle is a 2016 resort band with the higher powered radio and thinner, bottom is the destination d mb2.0

20161118_205904.jpg

Last edited:
They are thiner. You can't tell from the below picture but you can lay them down almost flat.

picture is all 3 generations of MB. First clunky one (limited edition haunted mansion band), middle is a 2016 resort band with the higher powered radio and thinner, bottom is the destination d mb2.0

View attachment 210192

Thanks for the picture! They look significantly thinner, and more comfortable as a result. I never minded the old ones, but I'm hoping we'll get the new incarnation in time for our trip!

I don't think you would have to remove a lanyard to scan at the turnstiles, room door or rides if you are wearing it around your neck.

i so hope we get the new ones for our trip end of January i would love to do a review video with both of them they do look thinner and more flexible should be better

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter