Magic and Wonder dry dock changes?

KVH

DIS Veteran
So, while in Brest, it looks like the Magic was (and the Wonder now is) in dry dock.

Can I assume this is just maintenance and no major changes are occurring?

So, while in Brest, it looks like the Magic was (and the Wonder now is) in dry dock.

Can I assume this is just maintenance and no major changes are occurring?
They switched out over 2 weeks ago, the Magic has gone to Dover to wait, the Wonder entered Dry Dock, most likely for "refreshing" no major work was listed that I know of, but I do believe they'll conduct the out of water bi-annual check, then make the changes to the ship that are expected to bring it up to Covid-19 safety protocols, as has been listed in numerous other threads here.

The planned conversion for staterooms on the Magic Deck 8 in Cadiz, was cancelled earlier this year, the work in Brest for all the ships is Technical, adjusting and making Covid safe spaces, rearranging seating, installing sanitizing stations around the ship, reconfiguring installing better HVAC filtering systems, removing or converting food stations to no long be self service. Creating isolation spaces for quarantining guests and crew, updating and adding more comprehensive medical and testing equipment.

Reactions: KVH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter