Magic 7 day April 26, 2015

I could use some help regarding Formal Night & Semi-formal Night on the cruise.

First, what nights are they? I've tried to find the information on the DCL site but to no avail.

Also, does anyone know the dining rotation schedule. For both Formal Night & Semi-formal Night, I'd prefer to not wind up in Animator's Palate, if possible. I just don't know what dining rotation schedule to request to reach those goals.

Thanks!
I have been told that the dining rotation and schedule are not finalized until the day of departure. On that day a CM will assign seating and rotation after they have a complete list of all passengers. They have to consider many things such as special request, age of passengers, etc. Hope this helps. I happened to come across a section on the DISboard about what to expect for Formal and Semi-formal Nights. It stated that the Day at Sea nights you should expect to have those as the Formal or Semi-formal Nights.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to lose a family from our Mickey FE group but thrilled with how much the Minnie group has grown!
So exciting since we are only 7 weeks away! EEK! :stitch::maleficen:goofy::donald:

H,
We just book our first Disney Cruise and we just found this web site. So I am totally new. Is this FE free? What type of gifts do we bring?
Kaybeth and John and our daughter Nyla 6 and Jacob 4 .
HI Kaybeth! Are we adding you to the Minnie group for the FE? It is free to join, as Dolores said, but you have to purchase or make the little gifts you want to give to the other cabins in your group.

Here's a little bit of interesting news. We'll be at sea on May 1st, which also happens to be the release date for:

MV5BMTQ1MjE2NzEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA4ODk1NDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Marvel is a Disney-owned company and this is a HUGE film for them. You can pretty much guarantee that this will be premiered onboard. The nice thing about this is that May 1st is our day-at-sea. So, we'll be able to attend the midnight premiere....and get to sleep in that morning!

Two years ago, we were onboard the Fantasy and were able to attend the premiere of "The Lone Ranger". Because this was another Disney movie premiering on a Disney property, I expected a big event; perhaps some Premiere Night souvenir or something. All we got was to see the movie...that's it. I was a little disappointed. I mention this because, although "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is a MUCH bigger movie than "The Lone Ranger", I wouldn't be surprised if there were no mementos of the evening.

Still, if you have kids, they might get a kick out of dressing up as their favorite Avenger for the premiere!

We just booked this cruise today and are so excited to be onboard with all of you!!! This looks like a great group! I'm a little sad that it looks like we missed the FE deadline :( Please let me know if there is a group or any way that we can join the FE as late comers. Thank you!

Hey!
I just stumbled across this website and had to see what this FE was about. It's been about 10 years since our last DC trip and I don't remember seeing anything like this back then.

We're going for my sister's (40th) birthday - April 29th - and her daughter's high school graduation. My mom and I are also going along. It'll be my sister and my niece's first time on a cruise.

This is really neat - we'll keep it in mind for our next cruise!

Last edited:
We just booked this cruise today and are so excited to be onboard with all of you!!! This looks like a great group! I'm a little sad that it looks like we missed the FE deadline :( Please let me know if there is a group or any way that we can join the FE as late comers. Thank you!

Hopefully you can still join since it is only one day after! Are you all from Colorado??

Hi,
Can we still join an FE group?
Kaybeth, my husband John and our children Nyla (6) and Jacob (4). It seems like so much fun.

Thank you!

Yes, we are from Colorado. YAY, we can still to the Fish Extender!!!!! :)

I am willing to create a group website & even facebook group if anyone is interested. Here is the page that I created for our, very active, cruise group on The Fantasy's first Halloween Cruise (This page later turned into a trip report from the original group information page): http://fantasyhalloween2012.tradingtales.com/ This was an easy way to keep track of FE information & have printable lists available to everyone etc...

I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to join FE! It'll be so nice for you to get away from all the snow we've been having these past few weeks!

I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to join FE! It'll be so nice for you to get away from all the snow we've been having these past few weeks!

Are you from Colorado too? It would be neat if we could visit for a bit on or before the cruise. Things may be a bit hectic for us. We are traveling with both my parents & my DH's parents. I still would like to meet some of you if possible.

I want to know more about the recipe exchange. Sounds interesting. I'm soooooo excited!!!!

Here's a little bit of interesting news. We'll be at sea on May 1st, which also happens to be the release date for:

Marvel is a Disney-owned company and this is a HUGE film for them. You can pretty much guarantee that this will be premiered onboard. The nice thing about this is that May 1st is our day-at-sea. So, we'll be able to attend the midnight premiere....and get to sleep in that morning!

Two years ago, we were onboard the Fantasy and were able to attend the premiere of "The Lone Ranger". Because this was another Disney movie premiering on a Disney property, I expected a big event; perhaps some Premiere Night souvenir or something. All we got was to see the movie...that's it. I was a little disappointed. I mention this because, although "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is a MUCH bigger movie than "The Lone Ranger", I wouldn't be surprised if there were no mementos of the evening.

Still, if you have kids, they might get a kick out of dressing up as their favorite Avenger for the premiere!

My boys are going to be thrilled about this!!!! They will totally want to dress up. I haven't looked to closely at the itinerary yet, but hopefully this is not pirate night. Anybody else think they might want to dress up as the avengers for the movie premier?

Are you from Colorado too? It would be neat if we could visit for a bit on or before the cruise. Things may be a bit hectic for us. We are traveling with both my parents & my DH's parents. I still would like to meet some of you if possible.

I want to know more about the recipe exchange. Sounds interesting. I'm soooooo excited!!!!
The recipe exchange works a little bit like the FE. You sign up with your cabin number and then you give a recipe to everyone in the group and they leave one for you.

Yay! Thanks Dolores for keeping us up to date on this page! I'm trying to keep up on other spots too!

Has anyone made any reservations for post adventures yet? What did you reserve? What are your plans while we are in port?

We have not made any reservations yet. I think that we will just walk around in Key West & we will decide other things later on. We also plan to visit Kennedy Space Center after the cruise. I haven't been since I was a child so I am excited to take my boys.

Hello everyone! I have been lurking for well over a year and yesterday we booked a VGT for this cruise! First time cruising and first time Disney anything so I'm beyond psyched :) It will be me, Deniz (44), DH Selim (45) and our twin girls (6.5) Melis & Pelin. I saw that there's two more sets of twins so that'll be fun. I am feeling overwhelmed so will not join the FE this time and will check with hubby about the mixology class. I would love to try to make it to the meet and greet, though. It will also be a surprise for the girls, they think we're going to FL for a conference for daddy. We are from Canada. This is wayyyy too exciting for me, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you hopefully!

Welcome everyone! :cool1::cool1::jumping1:party:More people!!
Steph03anie we will put you in either the Minnie FE or a last minute group!

Otten, I feel like your daughter!

Deniz, we are happy just have you guys in our group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter