Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggimus

DIS Veteran
Mrs. Maggimus' Trip Report
Where Dreams really did come true...
(Sorry about the glare on the photos- it is because I didnt use my digital and had to scan them. They are brighter when scanned!)

November 12, 2006:

We woke up at 5 o'clock to make our 7am flight. We had Shane's brother take us to the airport from my moms house(which is 5 minutes away). We wanted to skip all of that unnecessary long term parking. We get to the airport and get our bags out of the car. Let me tell, the dress was heavy! Shane took 3 of our duffle bags and his tux while I had on my carry-on backpack and dress. I laid it sideways across my arms because I didn't want to drag it, and it is so much easier to carry this way! We got to the delta check-in and everything went smoothly. They oo'd and aww'd over us getting married and wanted to know what island we were going to :beach:. We said that there would be no island for us- we were going to Mickey Mouse's House :smickey:. They just couldnt believe it (it seems like an unreal dream to some). So we dropped off all the checkable luggage and go through the medal detectors. We had to take our shoes off (which is the part I hate) and I had to put my dress (In the bag) through the scanning belt. Luckily it didn't get very dirty or greasy. We get to the gate and I checked to make sure my AAA agent had applied our frequent flyer miles to this trip. It turned out she hadn't and the lady at the desk then noticed the dress. She told us that she wanted us to go ahead and board with zone 1 (the first to get on the plane). We had a seat at the gate and decided to rest a little (we are NOT morning people!) and talk about our excitement.
Day1.jpg

We boarded the plane and the flight attendant took our dress and tux and put it in the captains closet (what there was of one). We were flying a VERY small direct flight, but anything was better than holding it the entire way. The flight attendant was so nice. She was excited because she was soon getting married on a cruise ship. As we pulled into the gate in Orlando she made an annoucement about our upcoming wedding and everyone applauded :blush: .
Day12.jpg

We got off the plane and headed down the terminal (what there was of one) and headed to the monorail to take us to the Magical Express. Though we had road the ME before, it wasn't very well advertised as to which way to go when you got down the steps. A lot of people were following me (as if I knew where I was going) and I ended up leading us all out to the taxi cab's. :lmao: We turned around and got situated and checked in at the desk. The lady asked us if we wanted to check our bags early with the hotel for the trip back. We went and lined up for the Wilderness Lodge (the only people in line) and they put us on a bus with others going to other hotels. We watched the film on the bus and called all of our relatives to tell them we made it. They dropped off people at the Polynesian. Then they dropped off people at the Grand Floridian. Once we saw ourselves passing the WL a couple times, we started to wonder if he knew that we were going to the WL, especially since we were a last minute "throw us on whatever bus" kind of thing. So he mentioned that he was sorry and took us to the WL. They do not scan your ME tickets anymore like they used to, which also made me wonder if he even knew we were on the bus.
We got to the WL and were met by my lovely mom and dad. We checked in at the front desk. Shane, who has worked in sales all his life- a true haggler, noticed we hadn't got a room upgrade. He nicely states that he wondered if we could possibly get one considering we were getting married, etc (They are a sucker for that stuff!). She asked her manager and we ended up getting a better view, and it ended up that our room was ready!! We went ahead and put our bags up in the room and went back down to the Whispering Canyon Cafe and got a bite to eat for breakfast.
Day112.jpg

(this was the towel mickey that the maid made. I tried to piece if back together after my dad and Shane kinda moved it around and sat on it. HAD to get the picture though!)
Day13.jpg

(Did I mention we are not morning people??)
We didn't want the folks at WCC to know we were getting married just yet (we would be eating here a lot more and if you have ever ate there- you know why we wanted to keep it quiet). My mom and dad gave us the "just married" pins that they picked up for us. After that we decided to go over to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, this was the last day they were going to have it.
Day14.jpg

My mom and dad had went the day before (they checked in a day before us) but hadnt made it around all of the countries. There was a lot of good food there (this ended up being our lunch for the day).
Day15.jpg

(Shane and my dad)
Day16.jpg

Day111.jpg

(The man who balances on the chairs)
We walked and walked and walked until my feet were hurting so bad I could barely stand. I thought I had brought the right type of shoes (my workout shoes)- Boy, was I wrong! They weren't as broken in as I thought. We ended up walking around the entire world showcase, and then did a couple of things at the front, and then headed back (it was almost dark). We rested in our room for a little bit and then decided to get a bite to eat downstairs at WCC (something easy and simple) before calling it a night.

November 13, 2006:

We woke up bright and early to get to the courthouse to get our marriage liscense. We called down to the front desk and had them make sure there would be a cab there. We walked out front and the bellman hailed the cab.
Day220.jpg

He came up and was by no means from America and couldnt speak English. We tried talking to him but he wouldnt talk back. He kept looking every 5 seconds on the road, and then at the meter. At the road, and back at the meter. After a while Shane and I started wondering if we were getting ripped off. It was $2.00 as soon as you got in the cab, and then .25 for either every 1/8th of a mile or .30 seconds (whichever came first). Our tab once we got to the Osceola Court house ended up being about around $50.00 (we could have had a limo take us there, wait on us, and bring us back for less than we paid). We think he took us in circles for a little while, because the tab was so high!
Day213.jpg

(inside the cab)

We told the cab driver to go ahead and leave and we would call another cab.
Day216.jpg

(Osceola Courthouse)
We walked into the courthouse and had to stand in line for the metal detectors. The guy was asking all the men to turn their pockets inside out (They dont ask of this where I come from). We walked upstairs and went into the room where you apply for the marriage liscense. It was very simple (In fact you can get a copy and already have it filled out online). We filled it out and the lady was so nice and polite! We made immediate friends out of her. I filled out the form myself and in a hurry, I mistakenly put the year I was born on Shane's DOB- but she was laughing it off and fixed it. We swore to everything being correct. And we were done. Very simple.
Day215.jpg

She sent us to a lady in the hallway- very very polite- and had her call us a cab. She answered all of the telephones for the courthouse. Her phone was ringing non-stop so this very rough looking lady who was there for her court appearance decided to try and hand me her phone to call a cab. I politely refused. She then said if she was going towards Disney she would give us a ride. We again politely refused. He kept insisting that we use her phone, etc. We waited on the phones to stop ringing at the courthouse and the lady was so polite. She found us the best deal in the phone book. Allied Taxi Service- $25 dollars to Disney! She called them and they said it is an additional $9.00 for taxi's to get inside WDW so we agreed it was still cheaper than the previous taxi service, and jumped on it!

We went outside and waited on Allied Taxi Service. Took a few photos
Day218.jpg

and then this taxi pulls up. We were sure it couldnt be for us. He says "do you need a taxi".. and we told him we were waiting on Allied Taxi. He insisted that it was him. So we hopped in the car and got going.
Day219.jpg

He told us that his wife worked for Disney and he could get us around the $9.00 fee for taxis if we would let him stop at his house and get the pass from his wife. We definately refused on that deal! We said we would pay the extra money- just take us straight to Disney. This guy was so nice. He said he normally doesnt talk much because he doesnt speak good English. He told us about his hometown in Mexico, and the area of Orlando, etc. SO so nice- but still not nice enough for him to take us to his house- somewhere in who knows where.

We got to the gate at Disney and the guy working the booth was Latino as well- so he waved him on in. It was now only going to cost us $25.00. We got back to WL and gave him $40.00, a generous tip, and said goodbye. Very nice guy.

We went to the Roaring Forks to get a bagel to munch on for breakfast and headed over to the Animal Kingdom to meet my parents...

To be continued...

Yay, you started your TR! Great so far :thumbsup2 By the way, I love your hair, it's so pretty! I usually have short hair and am in the process of growing it out for the wedding and it's driving me nuts! Can't wait to read more :)

We got to AK and called my mom.
Day232.jpg

She said they were watching Festival of the Lion King so we decided to go over to the Greeting Trails and get a few photos with the characters (Makes for good scrapbooking).
Day221.jpg

Day222.jpg

Day223.jpg

Everyone saw our pins and went crazy. Cast members would jump out of hiding just to say congratulations. We hadn't even started wearing the hats yet and we had probobly heard congratulations over 100 times. The characters really made a spectacle out of the pins as well. We told them we were getting married at the boardwalk the following day and they just went crazy! The kids really had a time with it too!
We then headed over to get a bite to eat at Pizzafari. By far, IMHO, they have the best CS meal. Not even their pizza, but their Italian Sandwiches. It was really good, as you can see....
Day226.jpg

We stopped to watch a couple of people performing .....
Day227.jpg

....and then headed over to watch the trail runs of the Finding Nemo Musical. They havent officially opened this up to the public yet but are letting people watch them practice as though it is the real deal. We loved it.
Day230.jpg

Day231.jpg

You can't take flash photography during the show so I tried taking photos without the flash. The show was so good- I recommend it to all!
Afterwards we went through DinoLand and rode some rides.
DinosaurRide.jpg

(Disney gets credit for this photo- We bought it because of the look on my face on the ride- haha :rotfl2: Im a nut- and I really was frightened).

We did a lot of looking at pins throughout the parks. We are Uncle Scrooge fanatics and will buy anything scrooge. They only had one pin they were selling but we tried to trade for as many as we could find. We did some of this in DinoLand USA.

My parents had done quite a bit that morning while waiting on us to come over, and Shane and I were ready to head back- so we all went back to the hotel and rested for a while, before heading over to MGM for Extra Magic Hours.

We met back up and got there. Let me say- MGM is FAR better looking at night than it is during the day. It is beautiful the way everything just shines at night.
Day235-1.jpg

Day236.jpg

We rode some rides, went through the stores, and looked for a place to eat. They didnt used to be so particular about only taking reservation guests only. They were down right rude to us at The Hollywood Brown Derby.

We went over to 50's Prime Time Cafe where everything is always very relaxed. Shane made mention that we were getting married the next day and wanted to eat there- but didnt have reservations. They were so nice, they brought us right in, sat us down- and we had the royal treatment. We had a great waitress who really did a great job. They had everyone singing to us and whatnot. Shane didnt eat his hash (not sure exactly what it was, but didnt look or taste appealing) so when she brought him out his "dessert" she put hash on the bottom and whip cream on the top. Haha- serves him right! She was a real joy though and so very nice. We had a great time there. We really appreciated them letting us in without reservations!
Day238.jpg

Afterwards we rode The Great Movie Ride, and in the midst of the short line- I felt very very sick. I ran to the bathroom and left everyone behind. I think all the eating out had caught up with me. We cook nearly every night at home, and when you arent used to eating like that- the results arent pleasing. I felt better after a while and returned. We left after the Great Movie ride because we all needed our beauty rest for the big day! :woohoo:

I'm lovin' your trip report! :banana: Your pics look great! And I absolutely love your glasses! :thumbsup2 I've been looking for a new frame/style (I've got the old black-rimmed cat eye frames).

Thank-you Jen, Pixie, and thank-you Michelle!! I appreciate you all reading :thumbsup2. It is taking me a while to do this since I have to scan all of these photos. Keep reading- its boring now, but gets good once the wedding gets here. My wedding day is next, along with my YOMD's Dream :wizard:.

Congratulations!!! Thank you so much for starting your TR and sharing such wonderful pics with us!!! I can't wait to read the rest of your TR, especially about your wedding day!!! :goodvibes Ours is only 16 days away... we leave in 12!!! :woohoo: :banana: Keep it coming!!! :thumbsup2

Great TR Maggimus! You and hubby look so cute together. I can't wait to hear and see more of this wonderful TR. Great Pics!

Mrs. M, I've been waiting a WHOLE DAY for the rest of your report. This is cruel! More!! :hyper:

(Clearly looking forward to more....) ;)

~LJ

I love your report so far, and your pictures are really cute! I especially liked the story about the taxi driver trying to take you two to his house. How funny! You two must have made quite the impression on him! :rotfl:

Keep the posts coming :thumbsup2

Great report so far Maggimus. Can't wait to hear about your wedding day!

Mrs. Maggimus!!!! You are going to hold out on your dream aren't you!? :rotfl:

I can't wait to see your SBP pics!! That will be me in 3 months! YAY!

Mrs. M
Thank you soooo much for posting your trip report- I am excited to hear the rest. Your pictures are very sweet! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter