magaritaville questions

addot

Earning My Ears
I am considering a meal at Magaritaville, at Universal Studios (we are traveling
with my sister-in-law who is a serious parrot-head). I looked up several web
sites and got several reviews and descriptions. Is there an on-line menu?
Any personal experiences? Are reservations/PS possible/necessary? Does the
live band only play late? Will I have to pay for parking? Would be traveling the
second week of June. Would probably go here for dinner on a Friday.

Thanks.

We went to Marguaritaville on a Tuesday, Jan. 8th, 2002. It was the highlight of our trip! My husband and I are nearing 50, the "kids" are 23, 21, and 13. We all loved it! We aren't even Parrot heads at all. I found the atmosphere fun and refreshingly different from Disney. A young man was skating from table to table making balloon creatures for everyone to wear on their heads. We were anticipating the Volcano that we had heard so much about. When it went off, it was very cool and exciting. My 13 yr. old was chosen to wave a huge salt shaker around in front of the crowd while everyone sang to the Jimmy Buffet song, "Searching for the lost shaker of salt." We just loved it. I'm so glad we listened to everyone on this board. We did call ahead of time and get a reservation, probably 2 weeks in advance. Our ressy was for 7:30, but the band was just setting up when we were leaving. We could hear 1 song as we were going out. I would make the ressy for 8 p.m. and then you'll get to see some of the band maybe. Call and ask. Pomcoach:bounce:

You can find the menu at margaritaville.com. We ate there in July for my DD's 16th birthday. It was awesome. The menu has a wide variety from sandwiches, to full meals and even vegetarian selections so there is something for everyone. The prices aren't bad either our bill came to $110 for 7 adults. Make sure you have ressies the lines were LONG for those who didn't. My DD was immediately set upon by a man, "CC", making balloon sculpture for kids , she got a crown for her B-day. Then he paraded her around the restaurant (we were upstairs) and brought her to the balcony. He then had the whole restaurant wish her a happy birthday, to which she was expected to yell thank you. We got some great video footage of this since she kept saying it too soft and "CC" kept making her say it louder. It was alot of fun. Every hour the volcano inside the restaurant erupts and the diners sing along to The Volcano Song.

I think we'll go too, but try as I might... can't find the menu. I have found links that say "menu" but when I click on them- no menu. If anyone knows how to find a menu, please post :~)

thanks
Jenn

We ate here in 2000, and thought it was great! We did not have ressies and ate late... on our way out of the parks. We did have to wait a little while, but it wasn't that bad. While we wre there they had live music, a Jimmy Buffet cover band. It was very festive and fun, especially when the "volcano blows"!

Here is the website:

http://www.margaritaville.com/orlando/

You can check out their menu. I had the meatloaf sandwich (yeah, meatloaf..LOL), but it was delicious!

jdm.........I see what you mean. The menu icons don't lead to the menu! They did last year, we checked it out before we made our ressies. Maybe they're changing the menu and will repost soon....hopefully.

Just in case you don't get the menu up, it's typical fare. Burgers, fajitas, chicken sandwiches, coconut shrimp(my fav),shrimp pasta and more. The magaritas IMO are horrible! (too bad) NBA has the best! It's a fun place to eat & enjoy music, great atmosphere. There is also a AAA or Fan club discount.

you can find the menu at uescape.com...click on citywalk, then margaritaville!

This place is a blast...we love it!

See ya soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter