Made my ADRs. What do you think?

jbthi

DIS Veteran
Today was the first day I could make my ADRs for November. I got all the restaurants I wanted but I had to change the times for a couple of them. That surprised me since this was day #1.

Sunday nite is Alfredos. Never been there before.
Monday nite is Kona. Been 3 or 4 years since we've been there.
Tuesday nite is Spoodles. We eat breakfast there, never dinner.
Wednesday nite is Coral Reef. Several years since we've been there.
Thursday nite is LeCellier. My favorite. We eat there at least twice a year.

What do you think of my choices? Should I do something different? This will be my first (and probably last) time on the DDP. I'm really looking forward to it but I am afraid we will eat way too much. I'll keep telling myself I don't have to order dessert just because I can.

I can't comment on all of your ADRs, as I haven't eaten at all those places, but here are my thoughts.

Alfredos - My DH liked it much better than I did. I thought it was okay - typical Italian food, nothing special. I thought the tables were very close together and it made me a bit uncomfortable. If I were craving Italian at WDW, I would head over to Palio at Swan or Dolphin (not sure if it's on the DP - but the food is very good and ambience wonderful!)

Kona- We were going to do Kona on my birthday last year and I was looking forward to it. When we got there I saw the ambience and my heart sank. I couldn't believe it looked more to me like a cafeteria than a restaurant with nothing but a railing separating the dining area from the lobby. I've heard great things about the food, so maybe someday I'll give it a try. But since you've eaten there in the past you already know about the atmosphere. (Sorry about the rambling... :blush: ) ETA: We ate at 'Ohana instead.

Spoodles - We ate at Spoodles Dec 03 and it was great! We were really looking forward to it when we went back last time and it was horrible! Food had gone way downhill for us and we won't go back.

Coral Reef I did once as a kid - don't remember it.

And last but certainly not leaset - Le Celier :goodvibes

Le Celier is definately a must! :thumbsup2

ETA: Don't forget you can always get dessert to go and save it for later in your hotel room! :cool1:

Cassie, thanks for your reply.

Alfredos doesn't appeal to me very much but my husband has been wanting to try it. Didn't realize about the crowded seating though.

I know Konas doesn't have much ambiance, but DH loves it and I like it pretty well.

We're usually in a rut and do the same ones over and over, such as LeCellier and I wanted to make sure we weren't missing something special.

June

I like Bomas, we eat there about every other trip. I thought we would try restaurants we haven't eaten at often (other than LeCellier).

We'll be going back in January and I doubt if we get the dining plan again. I thought it would be best to try the more expensive restaurants while we are on it.

We've done Coral Reef on our last two trips and both times were excellent.

We did Kona twice several years ago and both the Dinner and the breakfast were terrible. I had the worst Eggs Benedict at Kona. Dried out, horrid. When I told the mgr that they were terrible, he didn't understand what was wrong with them. That was our last try at Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter