• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Made it to California! A bit of testing and traveling info for my fellow Canadians!

When I have needed a US billing address I have temporarily changed my billing address (for my card) to my package express (cross-border pickup) address.

(It doesn’t really matter what your billing address is when you receive your CC bill online, of course.)

We are sitting at LAX and waiting for our flight back to Toronto! We arrived at 6:30 and there were few people in line for checkin and security. I was concerned that the verification of the many documents would slow us down and create long lines. The checkin process went very smoothly. The agent verified our vaccine papers and test results. I strongly suggest having paper copies.

We had a wonderful vacation and are so glad we made the decision to visit L.A. and Disneyland!

While DL is much smaller than WDW, it has charm and unique attractions that were a pleasure to discover! We also spent our last day walking along the beach from Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier. A very different scenery than our home in Ottawa! ⛱

We are sitting at LAX and waiting for our flight back to Toronto! We arrived at 6:30 and there were few people in line for checkin and security. I was concerned that the verification of the many documents would slow us down and create long lines. The checkin process went very smoothly. The agent verified our vaccine papers and test results. I strongly suggest having paper copies.

We had a wonderful vacation and are so glad we made the decision to visit L.A. and Disneyland!

While DL is much smaller than WDW, it has charm and unique attractions that were a pleasure to discover! We also spent our last day walking along the beach from Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier. A very different scenery than our home in Ottawa! ⛱
Did you have paper copies of your test results? I thought they emailed them?

Do you know by chance where we can get some groceries ordered from for delivery to Disneyland resort? We just want some bottled water, milk and cereal etc. Tried Vons, it directed me to pavilions and turns out you need an American credit card as it will only accept a zip code for billing address.
We are sitting at the airport now leaving shortly… thought maybe I give it another try.
Use Uber eats or postmates!

Dumb question!
For the Covid test coming back to Canada, do we have to get tested & the results back within 72 hours of our flight?
So any time within the 3 days before the flight I could book a test that would get me results would work?

Has anyone tried to book online for testing at Anaheim City Hall?

Trying to figure out the logistics of this. Am aching for a trip either in September or November...it's been to long :'(

Dumb question!
For the Covid test coming back to Canada, do we have to get tested & the results back within 72 hours of our flight?
So any time within the 3 days before the flight I could book a test that would get me results would work?

Trying to figure out the logistics of this. Am aching for a trip either in September or November...it's been to long :'(
Tests are easy to book through City Hall online. Your test must be done at the earliest 72h before departure... your results need to be received before you fly out.

We arrived in Toronto. My husband surprised me with First Class seats using e-upgrades. 🤩 On the ground and in the plane. Those with connecting flights have been deplaned. The rest of us have been told it would be at least one hour before they let us out. They also mention something about groups of 50 being let out with 10 minutes between. Interesting change in procedures...

Last edited:
We arrived in Toronto. My husband surprised me with First Class seats using e-upgrades. 🤩 On the ground and in the plane. Those with connecting flights have been deplaned. The rest of us have been told it would be at least one hour before they let us out. They also mention something about groups of 50 being let out with 10 minutes between. Interesting change in procedures...

Many stories on Pearson being a real horror show the last few weeks

I was surprised at how much I liked DL! Living on West Coast but had always gone to WDW until a few years ago when we added DL trips and really love DL.

We printed them at the hotel lobby. We could have shown a digital copy, but it was much easier to hand over passports and paper vax records and test results.
Wish I would have askEd front desk to print them. You’re right, would have been easier. Email was weird. One page had our names and birthdates, other page had date of test. I thought they needed name and birthdate but then had to scroll around to find page with date of test. Next time I’ll know to print both.

That is odd. Why would they hold you on the plane for an hour :-0 at least you were in 1st. It’s a long enough flight. Another hour of sitting in those economy seats would be torture.
Our connection in Seattle was slow going checking everyone’s documents. One man got turned away.

We are heading to DL for our next trip. It is much closer and in our time zone, too! i hope you don’t mind me asking what hotel you stayed at? Would you recommend it? How far away from the parks was it? I have not been to DL in over 30 years!

I was surprised at how much I liked DL!

That is odd. Why would they hold you on the plane for an hour :-0 at least you were in 1st. It’s a long enough flight. Another hour of sitting in those economy seats would be torture.
Our connection in Seattle was slow going checking everyone’s documents. One man got turned away.

Same here! We were concerned about comparing WDW to DL and being disappointed. We were not at all!

From speaking to the flight attendant, this is relatively new procedure for when customs gets backed up. There simply is nowhere for people to queue. It took us 2h30 from gate to exit.

We are heading to DL for our next trip. It is much closer and in our time zone, too! i hope you don’t mind me asking what hotel you stayed at? Would you recommend it? How far away from the parks was it? I have not been to DL in over 30 years!
So much will have changed since your past trip! How exciting!

We stayed at the brand new Element Hotel Anaheim using points. It is about a 15 minute walk or 7$ Uber ride from the Parks. We loved the decor, the kitchenettes and the free hot breakfasts. Would we be traveling with our daughters we would pick another hotel since the pool is quite small. A nice size for a refreshing swim as an adult, but not much room for splashing around!

There are so many new hotels close to Disneyland. Our criteria was a place within 15 minutes and with free hot breakfast.

Happy planning!

You didn’t ask me but we stay at The Anaheim Hotel, on S. Harbor and Disney Way. It’s very close to the entrance, a block away. It’s an older hotel that’s been updated. Lots of gardens around hotel and huge pool. Room entrance is outside but windows face the other side of room so nobody is walking by and looking into your room. Rooms have microwaves.
pizza press off lobby.

Dumb question!

City Hall booking is easy. You can book online with no problems. Just need to know what test you want to take. We chose the 1hr results and got them back within 45mins. It is expensive but we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Talked with lady who did her testing at LAXthe morning before her flight. They turned her results around in 2hrs or so and cost $139. A bit of a risk to test so close to flight time (more time to possibly catch Covid), but it worked.

You can buy antigen rapid tests from Walgreens or CVS to test yourself along the way if you like. May give you peace of kind until the PCR or NAAT you take that counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter