Made Fp+ March 3rd for trip 30 days out...not happy

Just wondering if more are released each day or should I just make my plan using what I have & save my sanity for the next 30 days.
If park hours are extended then there would be a drop of more FP options, but this might be if the park was originally closing at 9pm and now will be 10pm - FP would be available between 9-10pm.

just keep checking. People make changes to their plans all the time. My last trip during a "slow week" I could not get SDD, FOP nor 7DMT and this was at 60 days. I would check periodically when i thought of (probably obsessively daily) and I eventually was able to get 7DMT and FOP. SDD I gave up on and just booked an EMM for that.

Even keep checking once you are there. Stuff opens up and there really is no rhyme or reason to how it happens

I never have luck changing my FP before I get there. But once you are actually there try refreshing. I find on the day people are changing their plans around a lot so there is a better chance of you finding something.

The FP+ system becomes very "fluid" on the day of. You can try doing it before, but your odds may be small. From tons of experience booking at either 30 days or 6 days out, I can tell you that best bet is to grab whatever is available and then modify day of. You'll be surprised what you can get.

I'd be real cautious relying on those 3rd party websites that try to tell you what FP+ is available. They wouldn't know what's available real time, since it's constantly changing.

The FP+ system becomes very "fluid" on the day of. You can try doing it before, but your odds may be small. From tons of experience booking at either 30 days or 6 days out, I can tell you that best bet is to grab whatever is available and then modify day of. You'll be surprised what you can get.

I'd be real cautious relying on those 3rd party websites that try to tell you what FP+ is available. They wouldn't know what's available real time, since it's constantly changing.
I feel like you always have good advice, and I agree 100% with this. The day of is when refresh really works and comes into play. Having an annual pass and doing 30 days out personally, I can attest to all of this.

We stayed offsite last year and will from now on. My original times weren't quite as bad as what you have, but they weren't what I wanted. I checked a few times a day and was able to move most of them around close to where I wanted them. Watch for park hours to extend and then start looking. That is how I got 2 sets of FoP and 7DMT.

There's always RD! We had success rope dropping SDD last trip, same with FOP.

We went in July 2017. At 60 days I booked FP and got almost nothing we wanted and times that weren't ideal. I was disappointed. But within 24-48 hours I was able to amend just about everything and got almost everything we wanted. Definitely worth it to keep checking.

No they don’t release new ones each day so don’t waste your time setting an alarm and checking at 7am. People switch their plans around at any time of day so a casual stalk may benefit you, but the best strategy is usually day before/day of when people are actively changing and canceling plans.

Thank you!! I'd been looking for this info all over the place! We got SDD but not until an hour before closing which locks us out of doing 'same day' FP+ for our entire day. I was hoping that they held some back so it would be worthwhile checking and rechecking. But it sounds as if it's a 'lightning strike' situation to be on just as someone cancels. Oh well. I'll start really checking closer to the day.

I'm used to DL, where if you pull a MaxPass you can get another one after 90 minutes as long as the window hasn't opened for the one you have. Wish WDW did similar!

Thank you!! I'd been looking for this info all over the place! We got SDD but not until an hour before closing which locks us out of doing 'same day' FP+ for our entire day. I was hoping that they held some back so it would be worthwhile checking and rechecking. But it sounds as if it's a 'lightning strike' situation to be on just as someone cancels. Oh well. I'll start really checking closer to the day.

I'm used to DL, where if you pull a MaxPass you can get another one after 90 minutes as long as the window hasn't opened for the one you have. Wish WDW did similar!

SDD and FoP are the two hardest FP+ in WDW, so you may have a hard time with modifying your SDD. However, don't lose hope. As I mentioned, the day of is when things really start moving around. You may get lucky.

Never been to DL, but you may find you like FP+. With limited exceptions, it's possible to hop from FP+ to FP+ with no wait.

I thought that I was a veteran after fifteen years and at least that many trips ( most recently last month) - but I can’t for the life of me figure out was SDD is! Please help!
( maybe I just haven’t had enough caffeine this morning - I DID stay up late to watch “Bad Moms” last night.)

I thought that I was a veteran after fifteen years and at least that many trips ( most recently last month) - but I can’t for the life of me figure out was SDD is! Please help!
( maybe I just haven’t had enough caffeine this morning - I DID stay up late to watch “Bad Moms” last night.)
Slinky Dog Dash

SDD and FoP are the two hardest FP+ in WDW, so you may have a hard time with modifying your SDD. However, don't lose hope. As I mentioned, the day of is when things really start moving around. You may get lucky.

Never been to DL, but you may find you like FP+. With limited exceptions, it's possible to hop from FP+ to FP+ with no wait.

This is our second trip. I do like FP+ (don't tell my DL crew!) but it would never work at DL. It's nice knowing you'll be able to ride your favorite or new rides (assuming you get FP+ ressies) especially when you're not a frequent visitor. I was really lucky and managed to get my three FP+ ressies for the rides I wanted and back to back for every day except our day at DHS, as mentioned in my post.

I get motion sickness on certain rides so didn't even try for FoP. There have been such differing reports from people with MS from 'I didn't bother me and I get sick on <insert ride>' to 'I've never been sicker in my life' so I didn't want to waste the selection. I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to chance it so I figure we'll see what happens when we're there. If it's meant to be, it'll work out.

SDD stands for Slinky Dog Dash. FoP/FOP is Flight of Passage, and SDMT is Seven Dwarves Mine Train. You may have already known those, but they're the most talked about rides lately. I too consider myself a veteran, but sometimes all of these acronyms get me so confused! lol

if someone else is seeing SDD as available, it should be available for you too. Do you have a different TSL FP booked? No availability for 7 full days doesn't sound right.
When i travel with my brother we don't do sit downs or tours, but the group I'm going with now, we have reservations and such so our days that we can do HS is pretty limited. But it's fine. We have done it in the past and I'm sure it will be there in Jan when we go back. So for me. It's really ok. Plus it leaves the FP out there for people who really love the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter