Made FP+ 60 days out but left son off by mistake

Belle5

DIS Veteran
For most of our trip I got our party of six FP+ together. Then, my DIL's parents were added to the equation for three days and on the first of those days (when I should have been selecting 8 different icons) I only selected seven people, leaving one of my sons off of the FP+ for Spaceship Earth. I just noticed this the other day. I have been trying non-stop to find him a FP+ during that time (9:45-10:45) but the closest I have come is an 11:20-12:20. I will keep trying until the last minute. If I explain at check-in this week at SSR what happened, do you think they might be able to give me one FP+ for him so that he is not left out? Of course, DH or I would likely just swap magic bands with him...but really we just want our whole party together.

For most of our trip I got our party of six FP+ together. Then, my DIL's parents were added to the equation for three days and on the first of those days (when I should have been selecting 8 different icons) I only selected seven people, leaving one of my sons off of the FP+ for Spaceship Earth. I just noticed this the other day. I have been trying non-stop to find him a FP+ during that time (9:45-10:45) but the closest I have come is an 11:20-12:20. I will keep trying until the last minute. If I explain at check-in this week at SSR what happened, do you think they might be able to give me one FP+ for him so that he is not left out? Of course, DH or I would likely just swap magic bands with him...but really we just want our whole party together.
By showing his 11:20 FP when at the Attraction, the CM will more than likely allow him to enter with you...especially because it’s Spaceship Earth and you’ll be using the same amount of ride vehicles.

It should be no problem at the fast pass entrance. My partner and I went with a friend who didn't have a FP for space, we explained the situation and the CM was understanding and let her on with us. It's way more common than you'd think. Their goal is to keep everyone happy at the parks, I can't see them turning him away.

It should be no problem at the fast pass entrance. My partner and I went with a friend who didn't have a FP for space, we explained the situation and the CM was understanding and let her on with us. It's way more common than you'd think. Their goal is to keep everyone happy at the parks, I can't see them turning him away.

Maybe it depends on the ride, but CMs were absolutely turning people away at Everest last week. As they should. If they just let anyone into the FP line, that defeats the whole purpose of FP.

For the OP, I would recommend keep trying the night before/morning of. I completely appreciate how stressful that can be, but that is when people are changing their plans and you will see FPs pop up.

Just keep trying refreshing the one you have for him to look for any time that overlaps with your time until you come up with one and then ride during the overlap. I can't imagine that SSE is in such demand that you wont' find something :) Good Luck -

Maybe it depends on the ride, but CMs were absolutely turning people away at Everest last week. As they should. If they just let anyone into the FP line, that defeats the whole purpose of FP.

For the OP, I would recommend keep trying the night before/morning of. I completely appreciate how stressful that can be, but that is when people are changing their plans and you will see FPs pop up.

Turning away one child in a party when the rest of the party has FPs on a Tier 2 ride is not the same as an entire party showing up at FOP with a claim that their FPs “disappeared”. I agree that the OP should continue to try the night before and day of to move the FP but in a limited case like this I think it’s reasonable that the CM may make an exception. And OP has a plan B if they don’t.

For the OP, I would recommend keep trying the night before/morning of. I completely appreciate how stressful that can be, but that is when people are changing their plans and you will see FPs.

As a former attractions CM, it's really luck of the draw with the ride, time of day, CM, supervisor on duty, etc. When I was trained I was told to enforce the FP times but of course also that our job is to make magic for guests. With that in mind, I tried my best to be accommodating. If our line wasn't out the door and there was an extra person, or they were 5 min late, I would try to be flexible. However, I had coworkers who were STRINGENT and would never, ever accommodate someone who was outside of their window or had extra people.

I agree that if you try morning of you will most likely find something.

Are you trying to add him to your party or just find a single fastpass for him? I would think finding just one FP may be easier than trying to add to your party, if that is even possible.

We were there just a few weeks ago on Presidents Day Weekend and final weekend of Art Festival. A friend who lives locally joined us last minute and didn't have any FP+ reserved (purchased ticket at gate). I checked the App and of course there was nothing available in terms of getting same FPs as my Wife, Daughter, and I. So we went to Guest Relations, and explained to them our issue. With no questions asked they assigned all 3 of the same FPs and times as us to his ticket. So basically what I'm saying is, if they were able and willing to do that for us, I'm sure you won't have an issue.

I bet you will have good luck asking a CM (whether you phone today, or ask at GS, or ask at the FP line) - because its Spaceship Earth. (If it was FOP I'd be prepared for one person to sit out.) I'm sure you will be allowed to let him ride.
But do keep trying - just this morning I saw Earth come and go for 11am, 11:10am, 11:20am (I'm 45 days out). I'd keep trying, and phone - I bet they'll set you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter