"Made By" Tags

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I finished a baby quilt for my neice... who's only 2.5 months old now... this is the first and last quilt I'll ever finish late.

Anyway, so I go to my sewing kit to get a "Handmade by" label and they were all gone! ARGH!!!

I must have used the last one on my nephew's quilt.

I've searched on ebay and google and I can't find what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions or know where I can get some?

What about printing one? You can iron freezer paper or wax paper on the back of the material to make it sturdy enough to go through your printer. Of course I would test it to make sure it will wash. Not sure what the ink will do when washed. I would think that photo ink would work well.

I saw these at Joanne's in the notions area. They had the generic ones that said mom, grandma, etc but I'm pretty sure I saw something about ordering them as well. I know I packed some of the mom and grandma (ok THAT is planning ahead) ones from my mom's stuff when I cleaned that out a few weeks ago. I'd look for the brand for you but not even sure which of the half dozen boxes I brought home they are in. You might check Joannes online?

Deb

P.S. I just went into the Joann's site and at this link
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82284&PRODID=47444

they had the Handmade by with a blank oval for putting your name in with a fabric marker. They were on sale for $1.59. Made by Loveables. I tried to search that brand name but you don't want to know the sort of site it brought up! :eek:

The craft section of my Walmart carries them. Although, you could use an iron on transfer. That would be cute. You know, buy the transfer paper for your printer and reverse the image to print, then iron it on. I have never really like the tags, because you just have to write or sew your name on them and it just doesn't look right to me. But if you did an iron on, you could design one that went with the quilt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter