Maddie Makes a Wish

Day #20: Maddie: "I want to watch a swimming movie in the pool"

Six weeks from today, we will be waking up at GKTW, and probably eating ice cream for breakfast!

Feeling sad and overwhelmed today :(

Maddie had two more medical appointments today and will have one more on Wednesday. Nothing major - just a few medication changes/additions, a 10 day course of antibiotics, and directions to wake up her at night to feed her (for blood sugar issues). Ok ... maybe that all adds up to enough to be overwhelmed about! I just want to be a mom and not a nurse, not have to worry about missing something vs. overreacting to something, not have so many medical issues and no clear answer. We've been defying medicine since the day she was born, so I shouldn't expect anything less. And I know we're dealing with a progressive illness; I'm not naive. It's just that some days the reality hits harder than others. I guess that's why we're on the MAW boards!

Hi .. I'm Michelle :wave2:

Following along on your PTR ! :cool1:

My son, Jayden had his wish trip last April and I'm so excited for you guys to be able to experience one too (and yes, reality can really be harsh).
Just hang in there and enjoy your trip !

Maddie had two more medical appointments today and will have one more on Wednesday. Nothing major - just a few medication changes/additions, a 10 day course of antibiotics, and directions to wake up her at night to feed her (for blood sugar issues). Ok ... maybe that all adds up to enough to be overwhelmed about! I just want to be a mom and not a nurse, not have to worry about missing something vs. overreacting to something, not have so many medical issues and no clear answer. We've been defying medicine since the day she was born, so I shouldn't expect anything less. And I know we're dealing with a progressive illness; I'm not naive. It's just that some days the reality hits harder than others. I guess that's why we're on the MAW boards!

I'm so sorry you're having a rough day. Totally understandable. Lots of hugs heading your way :hug:

Very sorry to hear ... keeping your family in our thoughts & prayers. :grouphug: And hoping that you all experience a lot of pixiedust: on your upcoming trip!

Day #20: Maddie: "I want to watch a swimming movie in the pool"

Six weeks from today, we will be waking up at GKTW, and probably eating ice cream for breakfast!

Yay! :cheer2:

Sending lots of hugs & prayers. :grouphug: Glad there was nothing "major", but sorry there's so many things becoming overwhelming. The seemingly never-ending "minor" things always seems to get to me the most. Hoping you have a much better week. :hug:

Day #21: Maddie: "Can we get lots of autographs? I want an autograph book, Mommy."

::yes::Check out Kenny The Pirate site, it well tell you where the characters are in every park. It is hard to get them all though!
I took foam crowns & stars that I got at the craft store & a large marker for them to sign. I am going to frame them with pics or put them in a scrape book.
DD had a regular autograph book we bought at GKTW the first time we went.

Hugs!!! I hope everything is better today!

I hope she gets lots of autographs. :) Are you making her a book? I hope they add Sofia before your trip. I read that she's only in puppet form at Playhouse Disney. We've done a lot of character "hunting" on our trips.

I hope she gets lots of autographs. :) Are you making her a book? I hope they add Sofia before your trip. I read that she's only in puppet form at Playhouse Disney. We've done a lot of character "hunting" on our trips.

Puppet form?!? So there's no way that we can actually meet her? I looked into making a autograph book for her, but don't think I'll have much time to do it well. I'm searching etsy for something that I like. Worst case, I'll just buy a blank book and decorate the cover with scrapbook stickers or something. I am so NOT crafty :rotfl:

As of now, no. :( I forgot it's called Disney Junior now, but I checked, and yes, she's only a puppet there. There's been rumors that she may get a M&G, or be added to H&V, but so far she hasn't.

Hope you find something you like on etsy. If not, you don't have to be "crafty" to make one. :) We didn't "make" Angel's autograph book, we just put a sticker or clipart of each character on the corner of eack page. You can find character pages on the DISigns forum that you can print out, if you want to make a book. Some of them are really elaborate.

Day #22: Maddie: "I want to do pins ... when I take pins away from nice people and they take them away from me"
Mommy: "Pin trading?"
Maddie: "Isn't that what I said?"
Mommy: "Close enough!"

Day #23 - Maddie: "I want to see the big ball in Epcot"

My DD calls it the big golf ball!! LOL!!
Epcot is the only place to meet Disney's Duffy the Bear.
We missed him on our trip, DD has already asked to go back to meet him when we go the next time.
Next time?
Next time?:scratchin

:)

Are you doing all 4 parks?

We think so. We are doing HS our first full day, but have to leave early to get to our 2:40 BBB appointment. The next day we need to do Epcot, since we have our Princess Breakfast there! We may also do AK that day, since Maddie really wants to dig in the boneyard there. Our third day will be MK, since we want to spend a whole day there and don't really care about being back at GKTW for Village Idol that night. So three parks definitely and maybe 4. Plus one day at SW and one day at US/IOA. Except for MK, we won't spend more than 4-5 hours in the parks on any one day due to fatigue issues.

Day #24 - Maddie: "I want to eat green eggs and ham with Dr. Seuss."

(She knows that Dr. Seuss is dead, so I'm hoping she'll settle for seeing the Cat in the Hat!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter